Sean cavanagh moans about footy

Started by Orchardman, January 26, 2012, 09:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 26, 2012, 09:38:31 PM
In reality Tyrone pushed up on Kerry who were sitting back and if anything Tyrone were the offensive team.

AKA the 'asbestos attack' (and not because of any carcinogenic considerations!).  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Jinxy on January 26, 2012, 09:51:42 PM
To be honest, while Seán is a fantastic footballer I've never really warmed to him.
Seems to be a bit of a whinger both on the field and off.

He has never helped himself in this regard. I wish he was still playing at the unreal level he played at a few years ago!
Would prefer to see him hitting the headlines on the Monday after the championship game without an interview.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Forever moaning that lad, similar to Donaghy, even oul Mickey Harte has to put the mufflers on with Sean

NaomhBridAbú

To be honest, while Seán is a fantastic footballer I've never really warmed to him.

Have to agree with you. One of the best footballers ever, but as about as eloquent as a bucket of shite.
That said he is an accountant. Worst possible spokesperson for football - should leave the intelligent stuff to the intelligent people.

That said, just like me, he has an opinion
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on January 27, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Have to agree with you. One of the best footballers ever, but as about as eloquent as a bucket of shite.
That said he is an accountant. Worst possible spokesperson for football - should leave the intelligent stuff to the intelligent people.

yes and an arsehole!

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 27, 2012, 10:40:06 AM

yes and an arsehole!

Jaysus, you're flying today. And the game is not until Sunday week I think! :)

blanketattack

Derrytresk asked Sean Cavanagh to do something very controversial just to take the spotlight off them and this was the best he could come up with.

Keane

Guy has given enough service to football to be entitled to his opinion IMO, should also be commended for not giving the standard media-trained player "everything's A-OK" response when asked to comment as well.

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 27, 2012, 10:43:44 AM

yes and an arsehole!

Jaysus, you're flying today. And the game is not until Sunday week I think! :)

You can tell he's wound up like a coiled spring already.  :D
"There may be trouble.... aheaddddd!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Minder

This ia sure to affect his already fractious relationship with Micky Harte. Hopefully it can be mended.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NaomhBridAbú

yes and an arsehole!

So what do you use?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Syferus

In a large part he's right, if the Donegal model spreads and the sport as a spectacle suffers much more the rules will change. To be fair, the GAA have been very pro-active when compared to almost every other major sport when it comes to altering the rules of the game so I'd hope they just continue on that path.

It's also an important point that Sean Cavanagh himself is a pretty weak defender, I remember against us last year he was continual beat by Karol Mannion going forward even though he cleaned us out himself on the front foot. He's one of the best attackers in the game when he gets a foot of space but if you get a run at him you can make alot of hay too.

bridgegael

he is entitled to his opinion, no call for the personal insults ffs.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

mylestheslasher

Did he ever tell Mickey Harte what he thinks of his tactics and methods?

ballymac

I think you will get to hear and see a bit more of Sean, I believe he is going to be a pundit on tv3 (just a rumour) but I agree with what he is saying. If you seen Derry play on Saturday night (Peter Robinson did) you would have seen at least 12 players behind the ball when they had lost a player. They were slow coming out of defense, going sideways and backwards. Strangely when the played directly into their forwards they got great reward.
Tyrone when they played puke football was the opinion of an overrated pundit, a great player but a bitter pundit who helped to alienate Kerry. Jack O Connor has also helped him in this matter, although he has directed his fury at Tyrone. Kerry great footballers that they are have shown themselves as poor losers in recent times, but that is why they are winners. They talk about the way that they win things but do not like it when they lose.
Sean might be better sticking to football but he is well qualified to speak about it. Even Kerry people agree he is one of the best about, but the way teams now have 12 in defense it is very difficult for players of hios ability to get room to run at players.