Crokes call for segregation!!!

Started by Give and Go, January 26, 2012, 09:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

FALSE ALARM - CROKES HAVE CLARIFIED THEIR STATEMENT - NO CALL FOR SEGREGATION AFTER ALL - JUST A CALL TO PROTECT WOMEN AND SMALL CHILDREN INSTEAD !!!!!!   ;) :D

From RTE

On Thursday, Dr Crokes clarified that their request for blocks of tickets for the game was to facilitate juvenile members and their families, and not a call for fans to be separated.

sawel

Crokes have really dug a might hole for themselves, and seem to be trying to crawl out of it by the hour.
IMO they have put their team under pressure before they even take the field.
Kerry folk have forgotten that there was another game in Portlaoise last Sun between a Kerry club and an Ulster club with no hassle in a hard sporting game, but then the Kerry lads won!!

orangeman

They're really making themselvses look silly now - somebody should tell them to stop digging the whole and just bury the shovel.  :D

Regarding the forthcoming All Ireland Club Semi Final Dr. Crokes Club wish to clarify misinformation  that appeared in the media this morning 26/01/12 regarding that we have requested "segregation of supporters" at the forthcoming All Ireland Club Semi Final against Crossmaglen Rangers.

What the club has requested is an allotment of tickets in a particular section of the stand where juvenile members and their families can sit together, as many families had requested this after our Munster Final win.

We've brought juvenile members to all our games this year and they have been together for the games. However we believe that there will be a large attendance at the game in Portlaoise and hence our reason for looking for an area where these can be accommodated together. All other interpretation of the clubs requests are a misinterpretation of the facts and the Club is in no way calling for segregation of supporters.

We have also requested that there be adequate stewarding on the day, in particular on the area in front of where the subs are seated to avoid any potential repeat of last Sunday.

johnneycool

Talk about putting your foot in it.

Crokes may have had a point if they'd wanted a family section so that youngsters could avoid sitting in the vicinity of a half pished gobshite shouting abuse at all and sundry around them. I'd think that would have been a good idea not just for the Cross game but any big game in general where these merchants vent their weird version of support on those around them.

This section should be made available to both sets of supporters as I'm sure there may actually be decent people from Cross as well.  ;)

Bingo

I laughed when i heard this and still am. Crazy stuff from the Crokes, even their statement is like a case of "stop digging lads". Rumours that they have flown in American Football gear for the players have yet to be confirmed.

Cross must be absolutely loving this, as if they ever needed any further motivation or encouragement, insulting everything about them isn't the way to go.

The Gouch is up in Blayney tomorrow at an AIB Club day, i can assure everyone that even though Cross is only a few miles up the road, all roads will be closed and he'll be under constant guard by an Irish Ranger Army Unit at all time.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: orangeman on January 27, 2012, 12:20:51 PM
We have also requested that there be adequate stewarding on the day, in particular on the area in front of where the subs are seated to avoid any potential repeat of last Sunday.
there were plenty of stewards there last Sunday  - they just stood and watched the subs jump over the barrier and get involved.
they also stood and watched the large crowd gather to jump over the (low) barrier to get onto the pitch at the final whistle to celebrate with the players despite the PA announcing that there was a second game and the crowd were not to go onto the pitch (numerous times yer man said it).
the stewards just stood and watched.

Then when the large crowd were on the pitch and gettin gin the way of Craigbane warming up, the stewards stood and watched and decided not to try to hurry them off the playing area.
Eventually the crowd did get off - their own mentors and officials and clubpersons did the ushering.

it seems that after years of watching portlaoise fight portarlingon in the football championship and cload fight camross in the hurling championship - the stewards have decided that the best course of action is to let them at it and not do the job they are supposed to.
Could you blame them ?

dromid were wrong to start the scrap. derrytreask were wrong to ple in and their subs prob deserve banning.
crokes were trying to play upon the media (non/anti GAA) uproar (about feck all of a scuffle) and it was some attempt to project a negative image onto Cross that they hoped might stick in the appointed referees head.
There was no need for segregation last sunday in the stands as while there were fairly distinctive pockets of fans from each area, I sat for the first game and first half of the second game amongst the kerry and tyrone crowds and there was no problems whatsoever.

I find it disgusting that crokes even mention segregation - despite trying to backtrack now pretending it was about women and kids.

Jinxy

Quote from: johnneycool on January 27, 2012, 12:29:23 PM
Talk about putting your foot in it.

Crokes may have had a point if they'd wanted a family section so that youngsters could avoid sitting in the vicinity of a half pished gobshite shouting abuse at all and sundry around them. I'd think that would have been a good idea not just for the Cross game but any big game in general where these merchants vent their weird version of support on those around them.

This section should be made available to both sets of supporters as I'm sure there may actually be decent people from Cross as well.  ;)

There's at least half a dozen.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

here comes 6

That is what i would call a major back tracking by Crokes..  If i was from that club i would be looking to know all of whom decided that thye 1st statement should be made.  And if i was a parent in the club i would be looking clarifavation on this matter and why are they climbing down and using the children of the club as the smokescreen and lastly if it hasnt already happened i think the committee should all step down over this debacle and for taking the gaa ephos into disreput

armaghniac

Cross' being the ones to beat, neutrals would generally be rooting for the other team. Crokes have managed to get people in 31 counties cheering for the favourites, no mean feat.

QuoteIf i was from that club i would be looking to know all of whom decided that thye 1st statement should be made.

probably Tony McEntee!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

under the bar

In fairness to Crokes,  Crossmaglen supporters should be segregated from the human race, not just from other GAA fans. 

Maguire01

Ridiculous suggestion from Crokes. They're left looking very foolish.

armaghniac

QuoteCrossmaglen supporters should be segregated from the human race, not just from other GAA fans.

There might be something in this. After all the team is pretty much segregated from other teams drawn from the human race. The supporters too should be on the higher level.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

under the bar

Funny they've never managed to show against Errigal Ciaran tho?

Puckoon

You'd better hope UTB that you continue to not win the TSFC for the next few years.

bigtogs

wonder(just to be safe) does the segregation continue in the toilets and the burger van?