MND The Inside Track

Started by give her dixie, January 23, 2012, 09:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Good show about to start on RTE 1 about Motor Neurone Disease, and Colm Murrays batle with the illness.

9.30pm RTÉ One
RTÉ Sport broadcaster Colm Murray has Motor Neuron Disease, which is progressive, incurable, terminal. Yet he is determined "to be of service". With characteristic fortitude, Colm is willingly partaking in the world class scientific research, trials and studies led by his doctor, Professor Orla Hardiman. In tonight's fascinating documentary, Colm seeks to understand the disease that has gripped him and play whatever small part he can in the ongoing search for a future cure
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

GalwayBayBoy

Tough to watch how that terrible disease has taken hold of him and inspirational to see how determined he is to fight it and with good humour intact. Colm seems like a real gentleman of the old-school varity.

give her dixie

Was an excellent show, and Colm is a mighty ambassador for the disease. He is dealing with it with incredible dignity.

Although there is no cure for MND, I too am hopeful that some day soon a cure can be found.

I don't think there is an illness worse than MND, and the effects it has on your body.

Fair play to everyone involved in making a fantastic documentary.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Harold Disgracey

A very good show, Colm seems to be fighting it all the way. Great to see that he is contributing to research that might eventually offer hope to those following him.

Hereiam

terrible to see him go through this. A true gentleman.

mc_grens

What a man. His whole attitude towards his situation was humbling in the extreme.

mannix

Sorry to hear this,  best of luck colm.

ross4life

I know a young man in our town that has the early signs of MND he's still working away but his left leg has become lifeless. Last night's documentary really hit home how bad the disease is.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Leo

Had the pleasure to work with Colm over a period of years in connection with racing.
Yes, a gentleman, but also a wonderful conversationalist, truly interesting character and fantastic family man.
Not at all surprised that he has allowed his plight to be monitored and analysed for the future benefit of others.
It was a riveting programme.
Fierce tame altogether

Croí na hÉireann

Haven't seen Colm reporting for a while and was wondering how his battle was faring. Riveting program, fair play to Colm for raising awareness and I hope he can continue to fight the disease with his incredible fortitude.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...