More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Quote from: LeoMc on February 12, 2012, 09:47:13 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on February 12, 2012, 08:27:10 PM
Gutted derrytresk gice it all run out off bodies well done Clonbur hope they enjoy their victory

Well said*, an example of how to lose gracefully even after the media circus of the last 2 weeks.

*EDIT"I am refering to the spirit of the comments not the spelling and punctuation" ;)

schooling was light!!!!!

I think derrytresk showed today what type of club they are really,contested every ball and stood gracefully untill presentation was over Clonbur captain spoke well fair play too him......sick as a dog though about the last few weeks badly affacted our preparation......but life goes on..

LeoMc

Quote from: bigtogs on February 12, 2012, 09:54:19 PM
Gutted derrytresk gice it all run out off bodies well done Clonbur hope they enjoy their victory

Well said*, an example of how to lose gracefully even after the media circus of the last 2 weeks.

*EDIT"I am refering to the spirit of the comments not the spelling and punctuation" ;)

schooling was light!!!!!

I think derrytresk showed today what type of club they are really,contested every ball and stood gracefully untill presentation was over Clonbur captain spoke well fair play too him......sick as a dog though about the last few weeks badly affacted our preparation......but life goes on..

It wasn't a dig, I assumed it was sent from a mobile. Once I posted the first bit I knew someone would pick up on it so thought I would get in first. :)

bigtogs

Quote from: LeoMc on February 12, 2012, 09:58:11 PM

schooling was light!!!!!

It wasn't a dig, I assumed it was sent from a mobile. Once I posted the first bit I knew someone would pick up on it so thought I would get in first. :)

cant even blame mobile on a laptop in a dark place!!!!!!!!!!

LeoMc

Quote from: bigtogs on February 12, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 12, 2012, 09:58:11 PM

schooling was light!!!!!

cant even blame mobile on a laptop in a dark place!!!!!!!!!!

You are digging a big hole for yourself with that statement. But sure whatever takes away the pain of defeat. :P

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Unlucky Derrytresk after a great run to the final and a very closely contested match today. No question that some of their players and officials let themselves down very badly in the semi final but Derrytresk have paid a big big price for that, with their reputation destroyed in the media hysteria that followed, and the suspensions arguably costing them an All-Ireland title. The suspensions were deserved IMO, but an awful lot of the media attacks on the club were out of order and imbalanced. It wasn't Derrytresk who got 9 yellows and 2 reds in that semi final after all. McStay's comments tonight were a further example of that media hysteria and really lacked class, did himself no credit. Same charges can be applied to certain prominent members of Dromoid Pearses. A very unfortunate and regrettable episode all round really.

Congratulations to Clonbur on a great achievement, all the sh*te about the other semi final should not take away from their success.

Jinxy

Ultimately, as harsh as it sounds, it'll be a long time before a Derrytresk substitute or supporter encroaches on the field of play to get involved in a row.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on February 12, 2012, 10:39:45 PM
Ultimately, as harsh as it sounds, it'll be a long time before a Derrytresk substitute or supporter encroaches on the field of play to get involved in a row.

Maybe, maybe not. Unfortunately for Deerytresk their schemozzle was captured on camera and pursued by the media.
There was a schemozzle in Clones today and it continued up the tunnel and I'm quite sure there won't be the same repercussions / column inches / radio phone ins devoted to it.

bigpaul

As trite as it sounds Jinxy, nobody in Derrytresk ever said the the subs or supporters weren't totally out of line.Nobody in Derrytresk,that I know of, ever attempted to defend any wrong-doings. Their team put in a truly magnificent display today which was acknowledged by Christy Cooney and the Clonbur captain. They don't need or deserve to be preached to at this time.

Jinxy

There was very little in that 'row' in Clones today and you know it.
Was a single human being struck or injured in any way shape or form?
Did any subs or fans come piling onto the pitch?

Jinxy

Quote from: bigpaul on February 12, 2012, 10:53:37 PM
As trite as it sounds Jinxy, nobody in Derrytresk ever said the the subs or supporters weren't totally out of line.Nobody in Derrytresk,that I know of, ever attempted to defend any wrong-doings. Their team put in a truly magnificent display today which was acknowledged by Christy Cooney and the Clonbur captain. They don't need or deserve to be preached to at this time.

Type 'Derrytresk' into twitter.
Plenty of people including media personalities in Ulster basically saying the GAA did them out of an All-Ireland title.
They did themselves out of an All-Ireland title.
I don't often agree with McStay but he was 100% correct in this instance.

bigpaul

I don't use Twitter, what have 'people including media personalities in Ulster'  to  do with my last post. You can choose to keep getting stuck in, I think it's time to walk on by the corpse. 

orangeman

I think Derrytresk will be looking for a bit of consistency. I don't think they'll get it.

Colm O'Rourke and a host of other GAA personalities said the D'tresk "row" was blown out of all proportion.

Does the CCCC apply punishment on the basis of the perceived size of the row, small, medium, large or super sized ?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Jinxy on February 12, 2012, 10:54:00 PM
From watching both on Telly I'd say there was much the same in both incidents.
Reports are that's mentors and subs from both teams were involved.
This time I hope the media stay out of it and there will. It be the same level of frenzy and suspensions metted out. We will see.

ONeill

Quote from: Jinxy on February 12, 2012, 10:56:38 PM
Quote from: bigpaul on February 12, 2012, 10:53:37 PM

Type 'Derrytresk' into twitter.
Plenty of people including media personalities in Ulster basically saying the GAA did them out of an All-Ireland title.
They did themselves out of an All-Ireland title.
I don't often agree with McStay but he was 100% correct in this instance.

Listen, do something else instead of typing 'Derrytresk' into Twitter. Like read a book.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 12, 2012, 11:16:39 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on February 12, 2012, 10:54:00 PM
From watching both on Telly I'd say there was much the same in both incidents.
Reports are that's mentors and subs from both teams were involved.
This time I hope the media stay out of it and there will. It be the same level of frenzy and suspensions metted out. We will see.

No mentors or subs came onto the field of play.
Pushing and shoving in the tunnel as they go in at half-time is very different from running onto the field and throwing punches.
For people telling me to 'move on', maybe if you stopped indulging in whataboutery we could all move on.