More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on February 10, 2012, 02:16:37 PM
I'm not anti-nordie.
I've no problem whatsoever with Antrim, Armagh, Down, Derry and Fermanagh.

What about Cavan, Monaghan or Donegal?

Jinxy

They're not proper nordies.
They lack the necessary aggression.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 10, 2012, 01:49:01 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on February 10, 2012, 01:23:06 PM
I really hope Derrytresk get hammered out the gate this weekend.

Derrytresk have embarrassed the organisation and brought great shame t it
Much as I dislike Tyrone, I have to stick up for them here, Dromid whinging like bitches drew the full attention of the media on this, a fight which they started. Derrytresks subs embarrassed their club and were dealt with appropriately but the club were scapegoated. As a member of a small club used to holding up the league, i hope they win and with style.

Doogie Browser

It is fair to say no one is on the fence this weekend!

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 10, 2012, 01:58:44 PM

Derrytresk have embarressed the organisation and brought great shame t it

You are an embarrassment to whichever school taught you how to write.
I have Dyslexia i try my best but dont need to be insulted

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 10, 2012, 02:53:48 PM

Much as I dislike Tyrone, I have to stick up for them here, Dromid whinging like bitches drew the full attention of the media on this, a fight which they started. Derrytresks subs embarrassed their club and were dealt with appropriately but the club were scapegoated. As a member of a small club used to holding up the league, i hope they win and with style.

they did the crime they now have to do the time. they have brought serious negative attnetion to gaa and have been pr nitemare.

ONeill

I have a feeling The Hill will win in style this Sunday. At the same time, apart from recent match reports and a short video, I know nowt about Clonbur.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: ONeill on February 10, 2012, 03:06:23 PM
I have a feeling The Hill will win in style this Sunday. At the same time, apart from recent match reports and a short video, I know nowt about Clonbur.

it will be good for gaa if clonbur win. derrytrisk captain may be use the platform of winning speech to bring shame on gaa again.

ballinaman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 10, 2012, 02:56:09 PM
Tyrone lads would jump it anyways.... ;)

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ballinaman on February 10, 2012, 03:12:16 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 10, 2012, 02:56:09 PM
Tyrone lads would jump it anyways.... ;)
Unfortunate phrase  :D

BennyHarp

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 10, 2012, 03:01:08 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 10, 2012, 01:58:44 PM

Derrytresk have embarressed the organisation and brought great shame t it

You are an embarrassment to whichever school taught you how to write.
I have Dyslexia i try my best but dont need to be insulted

Oh the old - "I've got dyslexia" line!  ::) You are quite happy to throw around the insults yourself, so as far as I am concerned you are fair game. If you think a small club battling against the odds to make it to an All Ireland final is bringing shame on the GAA then you have an odd perception of things.
That was never a square ball!!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 10, 2012, 02:53:48 PM

Whinging like bitches? Both sides have been guilty of that if one has. Did i not see a Derrytresk man in the paper yesterday spouting the béal bocht about how "our lads are only small and had to stand up to the big bullys from Dromid". Equally as stupid and false was the Dromid manager claiming he'd never set foot in a GAA field again unless Derrytresk were kicked out.

Neither side has emerged from this with credit..I just wish they'd all shut up and try to behave themselves a bit better in the future.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Applesisapples

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 10, 2012, 03:10:52 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 10, 2012, 03:06:23 PM

it will be good for gaa if clonbur win. derrytrisk captain may be use the platform of winning speech to bring shame on gaa again.
Fcuk me if this is not a wu then it is a scurrilous attack on a man and a club who have remained relatively silent on the whole affair. If you want Clonbur to win because they represent your county/province but the stated reason is just crap. What better highlights all that is best about the GAA is a small club like Derrytresk doing what they have done. And as Mickey Harte points out their disciplinary record, action of subs apart has been exemplary.

Keane

The use of the phrase "The Dromid PR Machine" has been particularly humorous throughout.

supersarsfields

It would be a fairytale ending for Derrytresk alright if they were to win.

As a tyronie I would would have wanted them to win regardless. But with the media which hunt that has come from this I have to say it's galvanised my support for them. And it's weird because I know they did wrong and I know they deserved all their punishments. Yet despite this I still feel sorry for them for some unknown reason. I think it's more than likely the way dromid went about it in the days following the game.

Well either that or jinxy.