More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andoireabu

doesnt look like a normal strike to me.  IF he aimed for the subs chin why would his hand end up around mid torso level?  And if i was going to chin someone my fist wouldnt be that shape.  It would be a quarter turn around so the thumb was the closest to the ground.  Add to it the picture quality of the sub compared to people further from the camera and it looks dodgy.  IF it is legit, how did the ref miss it?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Puckoon

Quote from: Seamus on February 09, 2012, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 09, 2012, 04:40:24 PM
Hold on there Seamus - the clenched right hand and arm belong to the sub - who is falling backwards and who's right shoulder is pointing just off the ground?  :D

Personally I never shake hands with my left hand, t'is bad manners they say.

The sub's right shoulder cannot be seen and there was plenty of bad manners displayed in that game.

So what you're saying is that his right arm extends out his mouth then? :D

Nally Stand

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 04:32:00 PM
And can anybody explain what the Dessytresk fella is up to? Did Derrytresk's Photoshop man get him to pull that pose after training yesterday so they could photograph it and place him in the shot or does he just have a bad back and always walk like that?

Anybody?

Nobody?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Jinxy

Nobody can be arsed talking to you anymore!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Nally Stand

It's the only question no photoshop conspiracy theorists can seem to answer you mean?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Seamus

Quote from: Puckoon on February 09, 2012, 05:05:48 PM
Quote from: Seamus on February 09, 2012, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 09, 2012, 04:40:24 PM
Hold on there Seamus - the clenched right hand and arm belong to the sub - who is falling backwards and who's right shoulder is pointing just off the ground?  :D

Personally I never shake hands with my left hand, t'is bad manners they say.

The sub's right shoulder cannot be seen and there was plenty of bad manners displayed in that game.

So what you're saying is that his right arm extends out his mouth then? :D

Bottom line, I'm saying that the photo is a complete fake.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

ballymac

This is great fun, glad I made someones day regarding hearing a story. Spectators come home from matches with stories to tell and if there has been a 'handbag' incident then there are always a few more stories about. I was told of the O Sullivan incident with the young Derrytresk player a few days after the game and initially I did not believe it. The picture (as long as it is genuine) would seem to add creditability to the story I heard.
That is not the main point in all of this. The GAA needs to sort disciplinary problems EVERYWHERE, and a clear message put out to teams. However, banning Derrytresk for 5 yrs sends out mixed messages, the appeal has also reduced the fine and one of the players has got off and there is more than likely another appeal to come.
So in future will all clubs receive the same 5 yr ban for an offence similar to that which occurred during 'handbaggate' or is down to the fact that it was an A-I semi. Then you make an appeal and get your fine reduced and get your star forward back for the game.What messages are 'the powers that aren't' sending out. Better direction and leadership is required so that players, managers, clubs and counties can sort out any further disciplinary problems quickly and efficiently.
As a Tyrone person I wish Derrytresk all the best in the final.

cornafean

When I was a young lad twenty or thirty or forty years ago, I used to do the Spot the Ball competitions in papers, and I was always certain that I had the x'd the ball in the correct place. So much so that sometimes I'd make a list of how I'd spend my winnings. (Normally sherbet, Black Jacks and Mr. Freezes). I never did get it 100% right  :'(
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

AZOffaly

Quote from: cornafean on February 09, 2012, 05:19:28 PM
When I was a young lad twenty or thirty or forty years ago, I used to do the Spot the Ball competitions in papers, and I was always certain that I had the x'd the ball in the correct place. So much so that sometimes I'd make a list of how I'd spend my winnings. (Normally sherbet, Black Jacks and Mr. Freezes). I never did get it 100% right  :'(

You're confused cornafean. That's a different set of incidents entirely. (allegedly).

Sidney

Quote from: ballinaman on February 09, 2012, 04:50:29 PM
Aye, thats why i said it was a good effort. It's close to being bang on but the fist is too far forward, the shoudler doesnt protract that far forward in a horziontal flexion/adduction range of movement. Try it yourself sure, reach as far as you can across your body with the torso in DOS position. No way a hand could be in that position unless you are a chimp....or michael phelps
I was able to do it pretty easily.

zoyler

Lads, I am not an expert on photoshop but what I will say is that if it is a photoshop job any newspaper publishing it are leaving themselves open to a law case and that the damages to which the Kerry man would be entitled would make even the best payed (sorry - most generously expensed) county managers eyes water

Rossfan

Quote from: Hardy on February 09, 2012, 05:31:50 PM

One armed man or is he practising his hurling swing ( without the hurl of course)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Can the Derry wans just butt out... we know you're trying to wind us up before Sunday's showdown!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...