More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2012, 11:03:49 AM
The 9 that everyone is worried about went flying in like he was going to kill dead things, only to shite himself on arrival.
Youre giving this some review!

clarshack

why did CR Videos (based in south kerry) only release footage of the melee before h/t and not of the melee at the end?

would be interesting to see what the footage at the end of the game shows.

like an earlier poster said i strongly suspect the final will not be on the 12th feb - there will be suspensions, appeals and dra hearings before this is all over, by which time the hill will probably have lost focus/momentum on the football side of things.

AZOffaly

Quote from: clarshack on January 24, 2012, 11:07:20 AM
why did CR Videos (based in south kerry) only release footage of the melee before h/t and not of the melee at the end?

like an earlier poster said i strongly suspect the final will not be on the 12th feb - there will be suspensions, appeals and dra hearings before this is all over, by which time the hill will probably have lost focus/momentum on the football side of things.

Because the melee at the end was started by a secret crack squad of Dromid snipers, who can clearly be seen ascending to the top of the stand in Portlaoise in the video. Their identity cannot be compromised. At least, that's what I presume.

I'd say CR videos would release it all, but the news companies only wanted footage of the 'brawl'.

AQMP

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 24, 2012, 11:13:41 AM

Because the melee at the end was started by a secret crack squad of Dromid snipers, who can clearly be seen ascending to the top of the stand in Portlaoise in the video. Their identity cannot be compromised. At least, that's what I presume.

I'd say CR videos would release it all, but the news companies only wanted footage of the 'brawl'.

AZ if you look carefully you can see Jack O'Connor on the grassy knoll behind the stand ;)

There hasn't been a crack sniper in Dromid since 1922, now in Derrytresk...

Onion Bag

There seems to a bit of a pattern rising here

Stewartstown v Ballymacnab 2006
Tyrone v Dublin NFL in omagh 2006
Dromore v Clonoe 2008
Dromore v Carrickmore 2011
Carrickmore Ladies game 2011

Now we have Derrytresk involved in a row 2012

i know it takes 2 to tango but the tyrone county board would need to take a serious look at this
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

AZOffaly

Quote from: AQMP on January 24, 2012, 11:15:25 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 24, 2012, 11:13:41 AM

AZ if you look carefully you can see Jack O'Connor on the grassy knoll behind the stand ;)

There hasn't been a crack sniper in Dromid since 1922, now in Derrytresk...

I'd say Jack is bringing out another book. :D

crossfire

saffron sam2

Quote from: Whishtup on January 24, 2012, 10:51:38 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 24, 2012, 10:37:52 AM
Like Lone Shark I'd be interested in seeing any other footage of the start of the incident. From the footage that's there a few thoughts:

The Derrytresk subs are a disgrace, I count at least 9 who jump the barrier, they should all be identified and barred from the final (If Derrytresk are allowed play it). If they can't hold their composure in O'Moore Park they certainly have no business sitting in the subs area in Croke Park. Also, it seems to be mostly these pumped up subs who do all the blindside hitting and kicking on the ground.

There are too many "bibs" on the sideline. HQ wanted to ban managers from the sideline a couple of years ago, that's a step too far IMO but all the bibs need to be benched.

That fella in the green hoodie under the jacket is a fan in my eyes.

The Derrytresk no 8 is some tool following Declan O'Sullivan around, a real gear grinder of mine.

Fella with hoodie is wearing football boots.  

Those look more like trainers, an essential fashion accessory round the loughshore.

I was talking to a boy in work from Derrytresk and he said he wasn't a bit surprised by their actions; apparently they're all lunatics and he had to get out and live somewhere more civilised before he too ended up like the rest of them.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Onion Bag

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 24, 2012, 11:18:46 AM
Like Lone Shark I'd be interested in seeing any other footage of the start of the incident. From the footage that's there a few thoughts:

The Derrytresk subs are a disgrace, I count at least 9 who jump the barrier, they should all be identified and barred from the final (If Derrytresk are allowed play it). If they can't hold their composure in O'Moore Park they certainly have no business sitting in the subs area in Croke Park. Also, it seems to be mostly these pumped up subs who do all the blindside hitting and kicking on the ground.

There are too many "bibs" on the sideline. HQ wanted to ban managers from the sideline a couple of years ago, that's a step too far IMO but all the bibs need to be benched.

The Derrytresk no 8 is some tool following Declan O'Sullivan around, a real gear grinder of mine.

Fella with hoodie is wearing football boots.  

Those look more like trainers, an essential fashion accessory round the loughshore.

I was talking to a boy in work from Derrytresk and he said he wasn't a bit surprised by their actions; apparently they're all lunatics and he had to get out and live somewhere more civilised before he too ended up like the rest of them.

Funny enough i was tlaking to a man this morning from Arboe and he was telling me there is a family of women who are always fighting and he said he would bet his life that if someone hit declan o sullivan with handbag it would be one of them, he reckoned they are absolute lunatics
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2012, 11:18:32 AM
AZ, what are Dromid's main complaints? The subs jumped on and outnumbered them alright but Dromid had a right number in there fighting too and they started it.

I thought it would have been a lot worse before I saw the footage, the way they were going on.

Dromids main complaint is that the Subs came in from the stand, and the kicking and shoeing that number 5 got on the ground from said subs, plus the blows that #9 got from the subs. Their main issue is the subs coming in and basically arriving like a mob.

As I said, I also think Dromid are mixing up subs with supporters. I still can't see supporters over the wall on the pitch. One or two are tempted, but don't go. I think hoodie guy, black cap guy and short fat guy are either subs or backroom team.

westmayo

Just had a look at the video of it there on youtube after hearing about it yesterday, On first glance does the Derrytresk lad with the clipboard not throw a kick at the number four right at the start of this before the corner back reacts, in the three to four second mark and it all kicks off.

Croí na hÉireann

Fella with hoodie is wearing football boots.  You seem to totally ignore the fact that the Dromid player swingin at the mentor  has started this.  The much bandied 'disgrace' word should be applied to all wrongdoers here if you are going to use it. 

Don't forget that according to two different radio reports, O'Sullivan was lucky to be on the field at this stage.  Jaysus-i'd be following him around...

You seem to have missed this crucial part! The footage does not show clearly who started what.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

outinfront

Throwing punches and kicking on the ground should have no place in GAA - simple.  Also not respecting the rules about sideline activity needs looked at.  We  need to deal with that 'culture' .  IMO it Would be unfair to throw the team out of the competition but punishments and bans should be handed out accordingly.

clarshack

Quote from: Onion Bag on January 24, 2012, 11:16:02 AM
There seems to a bit of a pattern rising here

Stewartstown v Ballymacnab 2006

Tyrone v Dublin NFL in omagh 2006
Dromore v Clonoe 2008
Dromore v Carrickmore 2011
Carrickmore Ladies game 2011

Now we have Derrytresk involved in a row 2012

i know it takes 2 to tango but the tyrone county board would need to take a serious look at this

wondered when that would be dragged up  ::)

it certainly took 2 to tango that day as that was 10 times the row of derrytresk/dromid. that row actually took place off the field and after the game had finished.

despite fines and suspensions both teams were ultimately kept in the competition.

it was a cracking game of football though....

NAG1

Michael Anthony O'Connell wants "disgraceful" Derrytresk dumped out of the club championship.

The Tyrone and Ulster champions beat O'Connell's Dromid Pearse in Sunday's All-Ireland junior club championship semi-final at O'Moore Park but the disgusted Kerryman wants the result reversed after he claims the victors embarked on a campaign of dirty tricks:

"We were beaten by unfair tactics," he says in the Independent. "At the start of the game, three of my players were caught by the testicles.

"When our fellas went to shake hands with them, the Derrytresk players went for their testicles and pulled them at the start of the game. That conduct has no place on a football field. What they wanted was for our players to retaliate, but we are better than that.

"Somebody has to put their foot down. What happened on Sunday has no place in the GAA; it was disgraceful.

"I don't think I will ever go to a football game again if they are not thrown out. The GAA has to make a stand now.

"There were kids crying in the stand, frightened by what was going on. How do you expect kids to go to football games when this happens?

"They absolutely destroyed us. They shattered the team, our lads never before witnessed anything like that. We have no problem being beaten fair and square out on the field but we weren't beaten fairly."

God they must have got very polite down in Kerry in recent years if they were so badly offended by this non-row!