More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

This notion that Derrytresk were hard done by is just plain wrong. They got off way too softly. A Derrytresk player runs over to kick an opposing player who's on the ground concussed and he only gets a month ban for one of the most cowardly, gutless acts you can do. A sub jumps over the fence and hits a player with another cowardly act, a blindside punch and he only gets a month.
These cowardly thugs should have got jail time never mind far longer suspensions.

Cac orm féin

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 14, 2012, 12:36:30 PM
Hi Cac,

I realise this is an emotive issue, especially after losing an All Ireland Final, but please pull the horns in a little bit. There has been loads of pages debated on this subject without major abuse or hysteria creeping in, so lets keep it like that.

Cheers
im not a derrytresk man but the last 86 pages have been full of hysteria in case you have not seen that mr stokes???

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hardy on February 14, 2012, 11:59:01 AM
1996 - the gift that keeps on giving! It takes a splendid kind of masochism to keep evoking pleasant memories for the people you hate most.

T'is good you have the memories I suppose, regardless of how distant they are.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Cac orm féin

Quote from: blanketattack on February 14, 2012, 12:38:38 PM
This notion that Derrytresk were hard done by is just plain wrong. They got off way too softly. A Derrytresk player runs over to kick an opposing player who's on the ground concussed and he only gets a month ban for one of the most cowardly, gutless acts you can do. A sub jumps over the fence and hits a player with another cowardly act, a blindside punch and he only gets a month.
These cowardly thugs should have got jail time never mind far longer suspensions.
derrytresk subs were wrong no doubt but quit the crying.do you think tadgh kennelly should be in jail?
seriously since when did prams come out with internet access?

trueblue1234

:D

Indeed and those poor Dromid boys were surprised by this vicious assault. They were just there to play the beautiful game the way it should be played.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

blanketattack

Quote from: Tubberman on February 14, 2012, 12:32:03 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:10:27 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 14, 2012, 12:05:59 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 14, 2012, 11:59:01 AM
1996 - the gift that keeps on giving! It takes a splendid kind of masochism to keep evoking pleasant memories for the people you hate most.
:D
at least derrytresk against a load of odds went out to croke park and played to the end unlike nearly all teams from mayo with no vagina that shit themselves when they step on the same pitch.

Tyrone teams have vaginas?  :o

Maybe that's why Tyrone players are always grabbing opponent's testicles, they're just checking for vaginas.

LeoMc

Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:42:46 PM
derrytresk subs were wrong no doubt but quit the crying.do you think tadgh kennelly should be in jail?

Don't know, but you seem to have got the first of them.

Cac orm féin

Quote from: LeoMc on February 14, 2012, 12:45:31 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:42:46 PM

Don't know, but you seem to have got the first of them.
wow, what a come back.did that take you 0.00000000005 seconds to think of that?

LeoMc

Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:17:37 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 12:08:29 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 11:58:47 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 11:45:40 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 14, 2012, 11:38:24 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 11:29:50 AM
Yes the punch should have seen the guy sent off and yes Declan O'Sullivan should have been sent off(it wasn't him did the punch was it). I'm not questioning any of that but there were incidents which were very thetrical and akin to a real madrid - barca game as someone alreday said. That is not a direction we want our game to go. I'd rather not talk about it.

Well that's what the behaviour reminded me off. No place for it on a GAA field.

Incidentally the BBC are a disgrace when it comes to this kind of thing and are all over it like a rash. Never do you see the GAA get as much coverage on the BBC as when a rucus occurs at a GAA match. In my opinion they have probably contributed to a ridiculous 5 year ban here.

Good man Cac orm féin - good rational and objective viewpoint there ::)
piss off with your snarky attitude,dont pretend yer unbiased in all this.why not do something with yourself like go outside on to a street and shout WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure why would I be biased? Yes the punishment is excessive and yes there were 2 sides and the media coverage has been excessive. Your video doesn't show you up well and I, and several others, thought, and think, the photo looks suspect. That's all. Objective opinion.

Can you make any points without cursing at ,and belittling, people?
yes when they are objective.yer not.yer an idiot.you take everything in that video at face value but think that the foto looks suspect.is that video suspect?why not question it.also i dont think derrytresk are a big enough club to have someone available who works for say mi5 to make a fake foto look real.truth is yer gulible and biased and for thinking that is MY video retards like you deserved tobe belittled.

I would have to agree with that. Anyone who thinks you could master a camera deserves all they get. ;D

Cac orm féin

"No grace. It's over, Billy. Grow up and take your beating"
dromid pearses man jack o'connor to billy morgan after 2009 all ireland final where kenelly committed gbh against nicholas murphy.

have a wee word with yer clubmen jack.

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 14, 2012, 12:36:30 PM
Hi Cac,

I realise this is an emotive issue, especially after losing an All Ireland Final, but please pull the horns in a little bit. There has been loads of pages debated on this subject without major abuse or hysteria creeping in, so lets keep it like that.

Cheers
im not a derrytresk man but the last 86 pages have been full of hysteria in case you have not seen that mr stokes???

Not sure what this means, but if you think that's hysteria you should see some of the threads we have on the non GAA section. In any case, if you can't interact like an adult, then you'll be banned. (No appeals to the CCCC or the CHC)

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Hardy

Not content with giving Tyrone a bad name, now you're starting on gays?

Cac orm féin

Quote from: LeoMc on February 14, 2012, 12:47:57 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 12:17:37 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 12:08:29 PM
Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 11:58:47 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 11:45:40 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 14, 2012, 11:38:24 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 11:29:50 AM
Yes the punch should have seen the guy sent off and yes Declan O'Sullivan should have been sent off(it wasn't him did the punch was it). I'm not questioning any of that but there were incidents which were very thetrical and akin to a real madrid - barca game as someone alreday said. That is not a direction we want our game to go. I'd rather not talk about it.

Well that's what the behaviour reminded me off. No place for it on a GAA field.

Incidentally the BBC are a disgrace when it comes to this kind of thing and are all over it like a rash. Never do you see the GAA get as much coverage on the BBC as when a rucus occurs at a GAA match. In my opinion they have probably contributed to a ridiculous 5 year ban here.

Good man Cac orm féin - good rational and objective viewpoint there ::)
piss off with your snarky attitude,dont pretend yer unbiased in all this.why not do something with yourself like go outside on to a street and shout WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure why would I be biased? Yes the punishment is excessive and yes there were 2 sides and the media coverage has been excessive. Your video doesn't show you up well and I, and several others, thought, and think, the photo looks suspect. That's all. Objective opinion.

Can you make any points without cursing at ,and belittling, people?
yes when they are objective.yer not.yer an idiot.you take everything in that video at face value but think that the foto looks suspect.is that video suspect?why not question it.also i dont think derrytresk are a big enough club to have someone available who works for say mi5 to make a fake foto look real.truth is yer gulible and biased and for thinking that is MY video retards like you deserved tobe belittled.

I would have to agree with that. Anyone who thinks you could master a camera deserves all they get. ;D
how long did that take 0.005 seconds?