Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Gho :'( st+Tommy on July 06, 2024, 10:42:14 AMHoof just buy the paper or digital version lol

Might have to, no one is for sharing
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 06, 2024, 12:35:00 PM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on July 06, 2024, 12:01:05 PMYeah Randalstown conceded the game they were going to be missing 14 starters been little point playing it I'm sure all teams will have players away

Can't blame them
Players knew from start of season there was a break from 3rd July to 3rd August
Time to book a wee break away around the 12th ? Weren't expecting these games.

What were the original dates set for it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

As far as I am aware the dates have been set since the fixtures were sent out to clubs, can't mind when that was, but all players and clubs knew that the play offs were next weekend.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 06, 2024, 02:12:59 PMAs far as I am aware the dates have been set since the fixtures were sent out to clubs, can't mind when that was, but all players and clubs knew that the play offs were next weekend.

Ah, don't believe it, a club with aspirations of getting to a play off would think it's ok that multiple players head off while having a chance of silverware  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 06, 2024, 02:12:59 PMAs far as I am aware the dates have been set since the fixtures were sent out to clubs, can't mind when that was, but all players and clubs knew that the play offs were next weekend.

Ah that's different, I thought this date of 13th was just threw in there a few weeks ago.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

EOC1923

Harte and Horse to Antrim, wouldn't be a bad idea

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: EOC1923 on July 09, 2024, 10:06:50 AMHarte and Horse to Antrim, wouldn't be a bad idea

But sure Mcentee is doing such a good job keeping a div 3 status 🤥

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: EOC1923 on July 09, 2024, 10:06:50 AMHarte and Horse to Antrim, wouldn't be a bad idea
It very much would be, from their perspective.
They'd be weighing up the opportunity of making strong progress against the talent we have in the county. Hmmm....
Perhaps then look at what we have at U20 and minor over the last couple of years. Hmmmm....
Then they'd kindly decline. If they had any sense.

EOC1923

You could be right Duine, was just wondering had Louth much talent coming through when they landed with them. They may or may not have I really dont know. I do know us and Louth were on par in fact we beat them in Hartes first year, now Louth have headed off in an upward curve, whereas we have stayed in the same place.

imtommygunn

Unfortunately I would say they have 2 or 3 players near as good as any player we've ever had never mind just currently. I wouldn't ever remember an antrim forward as good as Sam Mulroy or the big number 12 Grimes is it?. The midfield fella Durnin and Lennon at half back very very good footballers too. I am not sure what we have at that level. Where were they when we beat them though would be a fair enough question - I am not sure where these boys were a few years ago.

Gold

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 10, 2024, 01:03:09 PMUnfortunately I would say they have 2 or 3 players near as good as any player we've ever had never mind just currently. I wouldn't ever remember an antrim forward as good as Sam Mulroy or the big number 12 Grimes is it?. The midfield fella Durnin and Lennon at half back very very good footballers too. I am not sure what we have at that level. Where were they when we beat them though would be a fair enough question - I am not sure where these boys were a few years ago.

Absolutely correct unfortunately. Pace and power lacking, we all can see it.

Jordan fit to power and drive past boys and not turn back, Scullion was, Loughrey was, Tomas was. We just haven't and don't now have enough. Big McCann at full forward is a beast, hence he gets goals but we need more of the same. Unfortunately the underage results where we have got repeated unparalleled trimmings don't bode well for us in the short or medium term

Mulroy is a beast. Grimes is a beast. Durnin a big man and silky footballer and scorer.

I've no answers and offering none so reluctant to even post this. Need more participation and then desire to improve

Micky could help but McEntee hasn't done a bad job, and was genuinely hamstrung by injuries this year
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

JimStynes

Can all Antrim clubs please forward all Ireland final tickets onto Aghagallon please. Cheers

Would ye whist

Are Glenravel overrated? Discuss

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: JimStynes on July 14, 2024, 01:59:41 PMCan all Antrim clubs please forward all Ireland final tickets onto Aghagallon please. Cheers

They might get some saying as some underage teams play in North Armagh 😉

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Would ye whist on July 15, 2024, 10:23:02 AMAre Glenravel overrated? Discuss

2 county lads away to America. Doesnt help