Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 27, 2021, 09:42:20 PM
I thought they seeded them after st galls ended up playing them in a preliminary round one year.

Top 4 in league were seeded for championship., open draws. Not sure how it worked for group stage last year, but there was four groups to start with

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on February 27, 2021, 10:27:16 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 27, 2021, 09:42:20 PM
I thought they seeded them after st galls ended up playing them in a preliminary round one year.

Top 4 in league were seeded for championship., open draws. Not sure how it worked for group stage last year, but there was four groups to start with

No league last year so how will that be seeded?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

As far as I know last years 4 championship semi finalists are seeded. Erin's Own, Kickhams, Lamhs and Casements.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on February 28, 2021, 09:26:26 AM
As far as I know last years 4 championship semi finalists are seeded. Erin's Own, Kickhams, Lamhs and Casements.

That makes sense
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

It would be great to see the seeding dropped to see these teams go to battle earlier in a round robin, never any guarantee of any team going through in the early rounds anyway and perhaps a
chance for a less 'fashionable' team to get through

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on February 28, 2021, 11:16:44 AM
It would be great to see the seeding dropped to see these teams go to battle earlier in a round robin, never any guarantee of any team going through in the early rounds anyway and perhaps a
chance for a less 'fashionable' team to get through

So stick Cargin Ports Lamhs and Creggan in the one group?

Calm Down

No, leave it to the luck of the draw, on all probability that outcome is very unlikely

JimStynes

Not much talk about the draws then. Anyone have the final list of teams and groups?

Caesar

Should be another good championship this year.

Cargin will rightfully be favourites again but there are a lot of teams will feel they are in with a chance.

Even the so-called mid-table teams will be no easy game for anyone.

antrimman667

Predictions for 2021 Championship

Senior: Cargin
Intermediate: Glenravel
Junior: Rasharkin

All South West ;)

JimStynes

Quote from: antrimman667 on March 02, 2021, 04:34:48 PM
Predictions for 2021 Championship

Senior: Cargin
Intermediate: Glenravel
Junior: Rasharkin

All South West ;)

Can't believe Rasharkin are a junior team now. What's happened them?

Calm Down

Senior- Cargin (still have that mentality that other teams don't)
Intermediate- St Pauls (very unlucky last year not to be in the final, play some nice football)
Junior- Rasharkin (Best of the rest really and do not think St Comghall's have the b**ls to get over the line)

NAG1

Quote from: Caesar on March 02, 2021, 02:42:05 PM
Should be another good championship this year.

Cargin will rightfully be favourites again but there are a lot of teams will feel they are in with a chance.

Even the so-called mid-table teams will be no easy game for anyone.

Who?
Not much evidence to be backing this up, going on recent and probably middle distance memory.

Caesar

There's plenty of competition again this year. 

No doubt Creggan will be very close again. I think Lamh Dhearg and Portglenone have outsiders potential if they can find a bit more improvement on previous years.

The likes of St Galls, St Endas, St Johns and Aghagallon are certainly no pushovers and could be a match for anyone on their day.

As I said, Cargin are deserved favourites and I would expect them to retain their title but it is certainly not a foregone conclusion! Plenty to look forward to.