Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Of course players arent exempt but the buck stops with the manager. In saying that I havent a clue why you are asking this? I repeat we were discussing why tomas was taken off and dissecting that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 23, 2020, 10:03:34 PM
Of course players arent exempt but the buck stops with the manager. In saying that I havent a clue why you are asking this? I repeat we were discussing why tomas was taken off and dissecting that.

We were 30 points down, keeping him on would have achieved what? We used all our allocation of subs, is it ok to take off certain players or should they stay on?

After that performance (as this is an Antrim thread talking about Antrim football) no one should escape criticism
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

It was all positive until the grim reaper arrived.

Saffrongael

Limerick beating Sligo out the gate  >:(
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Limerick win by 3 - disastrous
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

bannside

Our own performance was a lot better today. Unfortunately Sligo couldnt get the other result we needed.....once again we narrowly miss out on promotion for the third year in a row.

Dunsilly King

Some difference in the Wicklow team and Waterford. Physically and tactically

Gold

Quote from: Dunsilly King on October 24, 2020, 04:09:33 PM
Some difference in the Wicklow team and Waterford. Physically and tactically

Night and day. So pedestrian Waterford were today, no dnagerous player, nothing

Gutted again
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Calm Down

Another league another post mortem? Is it the case we just do not have the players, the physicality or indeed the 'professionalism' within the county to progress? Is Div 4 the level we are at without radical change?

paddyjohn

I blame the county board, management, players and whoever else I can think of.

It's over, we can't go back. Let's focus on the championship.

Belfast GAA man

I'd say with the strength of football in SW it's time for a SW manager

EOC1923

SW manager for possibly the first time in history. Thats a big statement

Calm Down

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 24, 2020, 05:06:50 PM

Whilst I agree apportioning blame will not solve anything if we do not learn from what is keeping us in Div 4 then there is no point in even thinking about championship! As Carl Sagan said to understand the present and plan for the future we must understand our past

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Calm Down on October 24, 2020, 05:31:10 PM

Whilst I agree apportioning blame will not solve anything if we do not learn from what is keeping us in Div 4 then there is no point in even thinking about championship! As Carl Sagan said to understand the present and plan for the future we must understand our past
GAelfast have been researching all that for 2/3 years now so they should have all that soon...and maybe a plan :o :o :o

marty34

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 24, 2020, 06:45:17 PM
Quote from: Calm Down on October 24, 2020, 05:31:10 PM

GAelfast have been researching all that for 2/3 years now so they should have all that soon...and maybe a plan :o :o :o

Anybody ever think that Antrim, regardless of manager etc. , just aren't good enough.

League never lies.