Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 3108575 times)

bannside

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #21105 on: October 21, 2020, 01:24:06 PM »
Actually didnt know DC was involved in that management team. Fair play so, more silverware to add to his impressive CV.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #21106 on: October 21, 2020, 01:26:43 PM »
Correct PaddyJohn...Kieran is married to Johns sister.

Thanks for clearing that up BS.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #21107 on: October 21, 2020, 01:30:04 PM »
i think that cassidy had a major influence in that team. I've never seen an underage side so organised in terms of defensive setup. It was a senior setup for under 18s. (They had some great footballers too but were very well setup)

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
« Reply #21108 on: October 21, 2020, 01:34:47 PM »

Rodger Mona

• View Profile
« Reply #21109 on: October 21, 2020, 02:28:47 PM »
CD you have come across as very spiteful. Those defeats have really hurt you. Play the ball and not the man.

Also please do forgive if I refuse to take chastisement from Cargin in relation to being spiteful, the irony is more than amusing

I think your statements regading Cargin being spiteful and your comments on DC's conduct with clubs to date, gives us an insight that you may have an anti Cargin agenda. Unfortunately for your club, since Mickey Moran took the reigns, your club/ contributors have spent the guts of a £200k on management teams that have all failed to win a C'Ship. Id be concentrating more on my own club if i were you that being fixated on your neighbours and how their management conduct themselves

Calm Down

• View Profile
« Reply #21110 on: October 21, 2020, 02:55:58 PM »
Cargin agenda? I think not, however your mini psycho analysis of me falls a little short of the mark, however I suppose the amateur dramatics come from your life of watching Coronation Street

We are not the only club to have spent money and not won a championship. You have failed to mention what club you are affiliated with Roger? 

Rodger Mona

• View Profile
« Reply #21111 on: October 21, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »
im on here as an antrim gael and to discuss things without looking through tinted glasses. I, like you have opinions on individuals, clubs etc... but iv realised from being on here, this board reflects the good and bad within antrim. The latter outweighing the good alot of the time. So as last while, havnt been engaging on things club related as it ends up a slegging match

To be fair, though i havnt always agreed with them and have been involved in banter with them, BS, MR2, DR and DK are usually fair and reasonable with some of their views and consistent when talking about all things saffron. Where alot of people on here are purely fixated on ruffling feathers of other clubs.

Il take back my Norris comment if you come out and tell the truth that you hate Cargin

Calm Down

• View Profile
« Reply #21112 on: October 21, 2020, 04:47:37 PM »
I do not take offence at the Norris comment, therefore no need for a retraction.

I do not have a Cargin agenda (however I do believe that their siege mentality is one of the things that enhances their drive) and perhaps my comments on DC could have been a little more refined in the manner they were delivered, however I promise to be a better Gael on how I speak to other thread members and to engage in a more meaningful and constructive manner

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21113 on: October 21, 2020, 04:55:27 PM »
I do not take offence at the Norris comment, therefore no need for a retraction.

I do not have a Cargin agenda (however I do believe that their siege mentality is one of the things that enhances their drive) and perhaps my comments on DC could have been a little more refined in the manner they were delivered, however I promise to be a better Gael on how I speak to other thread members and to engage in a more meaningful and constructive manner

There ya go... I hate that the SW are ruining the football championship lately, even PG1 are beating Belfast teams for fun!

Anyways, all eyes for the Waterford game, can not slip up that one, especially if the other teams do us a favour, it would be horrendous !
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #21114 on: October 21, 2020, 04:57:06 PM »
Really we shouldn’t be having a go at any one person or club. I like to keep it a general city thing 🤣

Calm Down

• View Profile
« Reply #21115 on: October 21, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »
Agreed, however we must not take the local parish and any other rivalry disappear from our games even if we do offend the odd sole from time to time

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #21116 on: October 21, 2020, 06:45:36 PM »
Agreed, however we must not take the local parish and any other rivalry disappear from our games even if we do offend the odd sole from time to time

Off course we shouldn’t but there is a line and I feel it’s been crossed a few times on here.

Calm Down

• View Profile
« Reply #21117 on: October 21, 2020, 07:03:06 PM »

Off course we shouldn’t but there is a line and I feel it’s been crossed a few times on here.

For that I am not willing to be the scapegoat for everyone else

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #21118 on: October 21, 2020, 08:13:33 PM »

For that I am not willing to be the scapegoat for everyone else

And I’d never accuse you of that.