Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2842858 times)

Rodger Mona

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #19515 on: February 13, 2020, 02:46:17 PM »
yea i know him ws just wondering if he had been called up before as i hadnt heard. But yeah big lad, wonder if lennys thinking he needs a big lad like that round the middle as i think we will get penned in against a team that pushes up on our kick out. Then again thats maybe why Michaels back. Though i cant recall him in midfield as last couple of years. Be interesting to see what shape this team will take when every ones fit and who will lose out in a starting place.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #19516 on: February 13, 2020, 03:30:37 PM »
Have Cargin not got any top players in their mid 20's ? I know they won minor but for county senior it only seems to be the 30+s that get a mention.....

Ernesto

• View Profile
« Reply #19517 on: February 13, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »
With reference to M Fitz, we'd need a Keystone in Antrim ;)

Rodger Mona

• View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: February 13, 2020, 03:42:38 PM »
Have Cargin not got any top players in their mid 20's ? I know they won minor but for county senior it only seems to be the 30+s that get a mention.....

None than i could say thats better than whats up already

Sportacus

• View Profile
« Reply #19519 on: February 13, 2020, 03:48:00 PM »
Anything Iíve heard Lenny say, his strategy is pretty simple.  Get promoted, player at a higher level which will improve the players decision making, and that will make us more competitive in the Championship.
Bringing Michael and Paddy C boosts our promotion chances.  They helped us get to Div 2 not too long ago.  Makes sense and they young lads can learn from them.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19520 on: February 13, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »
Jesus MR2 scrutinising management isnt something that you should be taking so personal. It wasnt a personal attack, i think what iv outlined is something which the antrim board will obviously be thinking when they review the teams performance. I dare not say anything regarding refs or management if i think there is patches in their performance which could be scrutinised. Obviously i think he is doing right, bringin back paddy and the two cargin lads (as u seen i had mentioned it in previous posts), they will definitely bring us closer to a shot at promotion, but why sell the pitch that the job he took on was focused on bringing through youth and building antrim for the future regardless of results? I dont think Paddy, Mick or Tomas are there just for the ride or to sit on the bench. So obviously going back to the old guard will be at the expense of some of the other lads who are new to the panel or are young still.

My analyses is just that, like in this forum, its alright being optimistic but at some point you realise that youth requires experienced players/ leaders on the field to bring them on. Lennys first couple of years seriously lacked that. Now he has went back on his original stance and brought in men who he may of asked but hadnt really chased (as he has done this time from November) all for the greater good of the county promotion chase. Though to some of the younger lads on the panels expense.

Itís not personal tbf, BS is probably over the top positive and you can be sometimes over the top negative, itís a forum and debating is good, can be very constructive can be a bitta banter and for some having digs while sitting behind a screen is easy.

Iíve been very critical in the past about plenty things county and county committee level wise, my roles were different being a club senior manager, so from a selfish point Iíve said things (Iíve said it face to face also) that on reflection I should have bit my tongue.

Lenny is a clubman so maybe Iím slightly defensive there but weíve underperformed as a full team, players managers for a long time. Until we develop consistently from juveniles through our schools and at club level weíll be yo-yoíing.

Took a walk down to the college tonight, good squad down training away, hopefully win our next two games, no reasons left now that we canít
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #19521 on: February 13, 2020, 09:08:57 PM »
RM one thing on your opinions though... You seemed to be saying that Cunningham and the McCann brothers werenít invited back and that was LHís strategy. Everyone else says that they werenít available / wouldnít play. 

Where did you get that from? If you are wrong there then you are forming an opinion on him going for youth then back tracking when he actually had no choice but now does... Whatever has caused the turnaround in players like this committing I donít know but long may it continue.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #19522 on: February 13, 2020, 10:05:35 PM »
On all known club form despite turning 35 in a few months Mick is still up there as one of the best in the county and on that basis it's good to have him. Hopefully he can still work his magic at inter county level, I don't think he got proper closure during his last sojourn and 2020 or 2021 might provide that. Michael has now got a great chance to use his influence to make a positive contribution in whatever way he can. It's not about him....its never about any individual....it's about what he can do to help us achieve our target this year in whatever capacity he is needed.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #19523 on: February 13, 2020, 11:00:18 PM »
Lenny knows best lads and Mick McCann wouldnít of put himself in this position if he thought that he couldnít bring something positive to the set up. Letís enjoy the rest of the season and itís ups and downs.

Saffs Abu.

BrendanAntrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19524 on: February 13, 2020, 11:17:56 PM »
Especially the ups!

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #19525 on: February 14, 2020, 07:38:50 PM »
Best of luck to the under 20s tomorrow against Derry.

Sportacus

• View Profile
« Reply #19526 on: February 14, 2020, 11:54:10 PM »
Did that Derry side reach an All Ireland minor final?

Newbridge Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #19527 on: February 15, 2020, 07:28:23 AM »
Did that Derry side reach an All Ireland minor final?
No it was last year's under 20 team   that got to the minor  final in 2017

Sportacus

• View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: February 15, 2020, 11:12:18 AM »
Thanks.  I saw them in Croke Park.  They were a good team but I think they got mullered by David Clifford.

Dunsilly King

• View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: February 15, 2020, 06:35:22 PM »
Hadnít far to travel today for the championship game with Derry, game called off, Iím hearing from v good sources it was because Antrim hadnít lined the pitch, only flags put out, surface was fine. If this is true and I had no reason to doubt my source, like wtf is going on, seriously wtf???