Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

100% great post Memory Man, to be fair.

bogieman

"we don't want..."
I'm reading this expression in nearly every post, it's wearing a bit thin now; the leaders are there to make most of the people happy most of the time, again, you voted for them. Snowflakes come to mind.

It's 9:30am, the only big decision to be made now, is to finish all games "on the day" going forward, now that would be leadership.

As regards the divisional boards, most do an exemplary job
NA have the hurling well organised, with many non-NA clubs participating
SW had the football well organised, with some non-SW clubs participating
The football was deteriorating in the big smoke, so the county took the SW structures and started all county underage football, to try and improve the level and participation of the lesser division. This vision does not address the root cause of the issue, so the problems will manifest themselves again shortly. The root cause has been discussed many times before.

ps enjoy tonight, it favours fast football for the teams with the skills

pss will it be finished tonight ?

This is not Irish dancing. -RH

belfastsaff

peter john take your comments else where.

bogieman

wow, who is the moderator ?
PJ's post didn't last long...

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: referee on September 11, 2019, 10:42:11 AM
Who is the whistler tonight, nobody down for it on the Antrim gaa Web page

Could you not do it ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

Quote from: bogieman on September 11, 2019, 10:49:35 AM

What did he say?

bogieman

Quote from: referee on September 11, 2019, 10:55:15 AM
I made a balls of the first match, and you can't get the replay Anyway 😏,there is no one down for it so there maybe a chance that it's not on🤷🏻‍♂️

maybe you can answer something i am curious about:
whistle is blown, signal made to show penalty, most stop playing, and pearsie bangs the ball into the net. The goal stands.
Is this part of a new advantage rule ?
Play to the whistle ?

ps thanks again for advice on the pictures

Calm Down

Quote from: referee on September 11, 2019, 10:55:15 AM
I made a balls of the first match, and you can't get the replay Anyway 😏,there is no one down for it so there maybe a chance that it's not on🤷🏻‍♂️

Ah now Brendan don't be too hard on yourself anyone can get mixed up in the signal for advantage and blowing the whistle while making the penalty signal, plus I would blame your linesmen, after all they threw you under the bus making your job harder by telling you what was going on, like how could you ignore it when you are told....................

bogieman

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 11, 2019, 11:00:13 AM
Quote from: bogieman on September 11, 2019, 10:49:35 AM

What did he say?

he was describing what he saw towards the end of the first match when pg1 were ahead, bit like a biased match report, but he seemed to break a few rules, so all evidence was wiped...
belfastsaff saw it before the cleansing...

Calm Down

Quote from: referee on September 11, 2019, 10:42:11 AM
Who is the whistler tonight, nobody down for it on the Antrim gaa Web page

From what I hear it is Snoop

Calm Down

Quote from: Peter john on September 11, 2019, 02:27:01 PM
I thought I was being a bit harsh belfast saff, but on reflection I'm not, they're are a dirty shower, their basic skill is intimidation of the highest  degree, thugs when they don't get there own way

Now now Peter John , I feel that you have something you want to get off your chest, let it all out and un-burden yourself

bogieman

Quote from: referee on September 11, 2019, 12:57:21 PM
Bogieman how did you guess I was a ref🤔, if I blow my whistle and signal for a penalty I have my hands out wide, and unless I'm an octopus I surely can't have my hand up in the air for advantage 🙋‍♂️,but you obviously know the rulebook, one for the Johnnies and one totally different for the other team

what does it matter what you are doing with your arms, the whistle is the only unquestioned signal, but questioned many times...

ps Most referees seem to blow the whistle and then have a little time to make up their mind why they blew it and raise an arm or two in a certain direction whilst being questioned.

pss back to the ould days, when the gentlemen players couldn't agree on an incident, they "referred" to a neutral, which probably didn't happen that often, not like the dictatorial enforcement these days. I like to think of the hurling that when the honest players hear the whistle, they mostly already know what its for and get on with it...

The Memory Man

Agh here we go the bould Peterjohn is back, positive as always, I thought you got the message this morning, but obviously not.  Clearly you're the Village Idiot!  Enough said. ::)

playwiththewind1st

Let's all pull together, for the sake of Antrim Football now.

Calm Down

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 11, 2019, 06:04:46 PM
Let's all pull together, for the sake of Antrim Football now.

Let the pulling and hauling begin tonight when poor Snoop has to throw the ball in on the mess left by Toland and the CB