Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2345721 times)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17490 on: January 11, 2019, 09:38:14 PM »
Are there any Aghagallon lads coming through the senior county team? They are one of the upcoming club teams....

3 featured in McKenna Cup, Pat Brannigan, Ruairi McCann and Eunan Walsh.

Think Ruairi Mc Cann is from Creggan......?

breakingball

• View Profile
« Reply #17491 on: January 11, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »
There are 2.

1 from Creggan 1 from aghagallon.

Are there any Aghagallon lads coming through the senior county team? They are one of the upcoming club teams....

3 featured in McKenna Cup, Pat Brannigan, Ruairi McCann and Eunan Walsh.

Think Ruairi Mc Cann is from Creggan......?

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17492 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:35 PM »
Lots of good sound bites and presentations going about on Gaelfast but does anyone know when the coaches start coaching? the initiative was launched in March 18 and here we are in Jan 19....

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17493 on: January 12, 2019, 08:12:39 PM »
Lots of good sound bites and presentations going about on Gaelfast but does anyone know when the coaches start coaching? the initiative was launched in March 18 and here we are in Jan 19....

Why not ask your club secretary? They’ll have more info on this than most of the posters on here I’d say
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17494 on: January 12, 2019, 09:56:26 PM »
He s a busy man with no time for spoofers like me !

Kidder81

• View Profile
« Reply #17495 on: January 12, 2019, 10:48:10 PM »
Yeah they will probably just keep it all a secret from the public, only letting the club secretary’s know. No reason to publicise  ::)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17496 on: January 12, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »
Yeah they will probably just keep it all a secret from the public, only letting the club secretary’s know. No reason to publicise  ::)

I was being funny, but a stalker like you could resist ya wally!

The Galefast was very much explained when the post was announced,  but hey carry on
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
« Reply #17497 on: January 14, 2019, 08:30:03 AM »
Great win for St Brigids and Antrim yesterday in ulster u21 at Creggan

Some v classy forwards who can hopefully kick on for our County's sake

St Endas game live on TG4?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #17498 on: January 14, 2019, 09:10:39 AM »
Great win for St Brigids and Antrim yesterday in ulster u21 at Creggan

Some v classy forwards who can hopefully kick on for our County's sake

St Endas game live on TG4?

Yeah TG4 2pm

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
« Reply #17499 on: January 14, 2019, 11:53:06 AM »
Great. Other than Galls footballers I cant recall any of our football teams being live on TV
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Hoof Hearted

• Oh Yeessss !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17500 on: January 14, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »
Great. Other than Galls footballers I cant recall any of our football teams being live on TV
Linfield be on regularly
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #17501 on: January 14, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »

Tommy Murphy final 2008 Antrim 3-12 Wicklow 1-15......
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:19:41 PM by country bumpkin »

belfastsaff

• View Profile
« Reply #17502 on: January 15, 2019, 09:08:16 AM »
Made the trip over to Jtown last night to watch the seniors in a friendly v jtown. Jtown weren't far off full strength with McHugh Karl McK lee Brennan mckinless and a few other notable county players all featuring. However after what I seen last night it might be a long year in division 4. This is what I took from the game:

1. A few players are not upto the standard not naming names but a few players from aghagallon and Ballymena.

2. James Smith from St bridgets was excellent chipping in with 1.4/5 from play and that's with playing a tough ulster match yesterday - we will need him this year.

3. Ricky  J needs to be the county full back

4. Paddy Nugent needs to be number 1

5. We are really struggling at midfield and I feel in a few weeks time Chrissy McK and Bradley could dominate us.

6. Despite setting up defensively still leaked goals and let Jtown walk through the defence. I have no issue with setting up defensively however when attacking antrim did not commit enough players to the attack still holding 2/3 spare men in defence.

Take a chance we cant get relegated from division 4!!   

inabsentia

• View Profile
« Reply #17503 on: January 15, 2019, 11:45:47 AM »
Made the trip over to Jtown last night to watch the seniors in a friendly v jtown. Jtown weren't far off full strength with McHugh Karl McK lee Brennan mckinless and a few other notable county players all featuring. However after what I seen last night it might be a long year in division 4. This is what I took from the game:

1. A few players are not upto the standard not naming names but a few players from aghagallon and Ballymena.

2. James Smith from St bridgets was excellent chipping in with 1.4/5 from play and that's with playing a tough ulster match yesterday - we will need him this year.

5. We are really struggling at midfield and I feel in a few weeks time Chrissy McK and Bradley could dominate us.

6. Despite setting up defensively still leaked goals and let Jtown walk through the defence. I have no issue with setting up defensively however when attacking antrim did not commit enough players to the attack still holding 2/3 spare men in defence.

What was the starting team? Or what sort of strength were we fielding?

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #17504 on: January 15, 2019, 12:05:37 PM »

Can't fault your honesty..