Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2491414 times)

belfastsaff

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17475 on: January 08, 2019, 10:40:35 AM »
the creggan goalkeeper oisin kerr I think that's his name is a strong goal keeper also defiantly upto that standard, Nugent should be number 1 IMO with young Hasson competing

bogieman

• View Profile
« Reply #17476 on: January 09, 2019, 08:31:43 PM »
Happy new year.
Have only seen two really one sided matches so for this year, both rubbish, and it was more expensive to watch club minors playing than it was a senior county game !

Ps. There's more than a keeper Antrim need.
Pss. And unfortunately Christmas is just past...  8)
The only way to make hurling more dangerous...
Give each player a loaded gun. -GA

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #17477 on: January 09, 2019, 11:34:08 PM »
That was a good bit better tonight. Marty Johnston and Ryan Murray both made a good difference, and new boys Eoin Mc Keown Eoghan Mc Cabe Patrick Finnegan and Fergal Burke all showed up well too.

Tackling much better and only one sweeper instead of two freed us up a bit more going forward. We've a couple of huge games coming up and some really hard work going on behind the scenes, so let's get behind the team and management and see how that goes.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #17478 on: January 09, 2019, 11:46:45 PM »
I was at the Armagh game on Sunday, so amazed to hear this result tonight. Must've been like chalk and cheese. You'd have thought St Mary's would be going ok at this stage.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #17479 on: January 10, 2019, 08:30:08 AM »
I meant to say Fintan Burke.... quite impressed with him tbh! The Ranch wouldn't have the same big names as last year which makes their draw with Monaghan at the weekend all the more impressive.

Lenny still has a few St Endas lads to call on, plus possible first choice midfielders Conor Murray and Stephen Beattie who are on injured list, so I'm still optimistic that we will be competitive in our division.

shawshank

• View Profile
« Reply #17480 on: January 10, 2019, 10:48:24 AM »
Bannside, in fairness, you have to be the most optimistic supporter I have ever come across.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #17481 on: January 10, 2019, 12:18:24 PM »
If we beat youse in two weeks Shawshank I'll do a wee tour of every pub in Kilrea that night with my Antrim colours on. If we lose you won't see me for weeks!

breakingball

• View Profile
« Reply #17482 on: January 11, 2019, 08:40:59 AM »
St marys were poor. Offered little.

I was at the Armagh game on Sunday, so amazed to hear this result tonight. Must've been like chalk and cheese. You'd have thought St Mary's would be going ok at this stage.

breakingball

• View Profile
« Reply #17483 on: January 11, 2019, 08:45:38 AM »
Two tough games to start. If we lose both our year is already effectively over. Bar maybe a win or two in the qualifiers.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17484 on: January 11, 2019, 09:25:53 AM »
Are there any Aghagallon lads coming through the senior county team? They are one of the upcoming club teams....

Derryboy99

• View Profile
« Reply #17485 on: January 11, 2019, 10:02:23 AM »
the creggan goalkeeper oisin kerr I think that's his name is a strong goal keeper also defiantly upto that standard, Nugent should be number 1 IMO with young Hasson competing

Oisin is the best Keeper in Antrim without a shadow of a doubt. Was on the county panel a few years ago and was sub to Kerr. Has a young family now canít see him committing to Antrim

belfastsaff

• View Profile
« Reply #17486 on: January 11, 2019, 10:08:49 AM »
Are there any Aghagallon lads coming through the senior county team? They are one of the upcoming club teams....
They have two fellas up at it who were u21 this year, both players looked average in the u21 championship and were non existent come the knock out stage so I don't know how Lenny can justify a call up

The Gs Man

• View Profile
« Reply #17487 on: January 11, 2019, 11:20:19 AM »

3 featured in McKenna Cup, Pat Brannigan, Ruairi McCann and Eunan Walsh.
Keep 'er lit

Caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #17488 on: January 11, 2019, 02:48:43 PM »
Oisin Lennehan is also on the panel but is currently out with an ankle injury

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #17489 on: January 11, 2019, 09:38:14 PM »

3 featured in McKenna Cup, Pat Brannigan, Ruairi McCann and Eunan Walsh.

Think Ruairi Mc Cann is from Creggan......?