Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2314480 times)

johnnycool

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17265 on: December 06, 2018, 11:08:57 AM »
so, I think there is only one reason NE won't play Antrim intermediate c/s next year, FF.

You can play intermediate again I think, just not in Ulster

Can't play in Ulster at that grade for 5 years IIRC, re Keady and Lisbellaw hurlers.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17266 on: December 06, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »
so, I think there is only one reason NE won't play Antrim intermediate c/s next year, FF.

Can't play in Ulster at that grade for 5 years IIRC, re Keady and Lisbellaw hurlers.

Yes smarty pants! Us included
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

The gooch

• View Profile
« Reply #17267 on: December 06, 2018, 11:18:45 AM »
One eejit on a forum does not represent an entire club so I would be reluctant to chastise the club over one person...

agreed, my post was directed at the poster and not the club.

im like everyone else who was very happy to see them win at the weekend. would love to see them go all the way.

aye fair play to them, always good to have an ulster winner, great achievement!

for what its worth I don't think they woulda won the u21 anyway, as I said other week, it will be some team to stop creggans forwards. creggan dunloy final for me

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #17268 on: December 06, 2018, 12:16:18 PM »

Yes smarty pants! Us included

You're in Div1 hurling next year, so senior is your level and not some "B" competition to make you feel good about yourselves. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #17269 on: December 06, 2018, 12:33:07 PM »
I'm surprised NE pulled out of the u21 B. After all they played in B (intermediate) Championship against "legitimate" B standard teams while playing Div 1. Pure arrogance.

Nail on the head

Intermediate is not a ‘b’ championship I’m afraid. Junior is not a ‘c’ championship either
?
You’re gonna have to explain that one to me.

The teams that play in those championships are the clubs senior teams, they are not the clubs b team or c team. You can have a junior ‘b’ competition but they must win the junior ‘b’ competition to play in the junior competition proper...

All saints this year won Junior ‘b’  and played in a all Ireland ‘championship’ which I think is a great idea, but I’m not hung up on a under21 championship unless the competition was played first and the winners then entered the real championship.

If you’ve played before then you’ll know, you play and want to get on your senior team, regardless of the championship they are in.. you don’t strive to get on the b team but this may be the level you’re at (not you personally) and that’s fine.

I get senior is ‘a’ and intermediate is ‘b’ and so on but I wouldn’t be little Rossa’s All Ireland win in Ctoke Park, or Creggan’s Junior All Ireland
The teams (or at least the vast majority) that play in B competitions at juvenile and indeed the U21B are not the clubs’ 2nd teams either. They are their 1st teams playing in the 2nd tier competition.
Intermediate & Junior are not for reserve teams but they are 2nd & 3rd tier competitions. Effectively, Senior is A, Intermediate is B and Junior is C.
I don’t see why calling them B & C competitions diminishes the clubs’ efforts any more than calling them Intermediate & Junior.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #17270 on: December 06, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »
I'm surprised NE pulled out of the u21 B. After all they played in B (intermediate) Championship against "legitimate" B standard teams while playing Div 1. Pure arrogance.

Nail on the head

Intermediate is not a ‘b’ championship I’m afraid. Junior is not a ‘c’ championship either
?

The teams that play in those championships are the clubs senior teams, they are not the clubs b team or c team. You can have a junior ‘b’ competition but they must win the junior ‘b’ competition to play in the junior competition proper...

All saints this year won Junior ‘b’  and played in a all Ireland ‘championship’ which I think is a great idea, but I’m not hung up on a under21 championship unless the competition was played first and the winners then entered the real championship.

If you’ve played before then you’ll know, you play and want to get on your senior team, regardless of the championship they are in.. you don’t strive to get on the b team but this may be the level you’re at (not you personally) and that’s fine.

I get senior is ‘a’ and intermediate is ‘b’ and so on but I wouldn’t be little Rossa’s All Ireland win in Ctoke Park, or Creggan’s Junior All Ireland
The teams (or at least the vast majority) that play in B competitions at juvenile and indeed the U21B are not the clubs’ 2nd teams either. They are their 1st teams playing in the 2nd tier competition.
Intermediate & Junior are not for reserve teams but they are 2nd & 3rd tier competitions. Effectively, Senior is A, Intermediate is B and Junior is C.
I don’t see why calling them B & C competitions diminishes the clubs’ efforts any more than calling them Intermediate & Junior.

Aye alright.. from now on its 'a' 'b' and 'c' competitions .. will the junior b championship be the 'cb' championship? asking for a friend.

Jeeze tough crowd this week. 
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #17271 on: December 06, 2018, 03:28:02 PM »

Nail on the head

?

Aye alright.. from now on its 'a' 'b' and 'c' competitions .. will the junior b championship be the 'cb' championship? asking for a friend.

Jeeze tough crowd this week.

Junior B is a D grade competition. It's not that difficult to work out. Maybe it isn't the crowd.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #17272 on: December 06, 2018, 04:33:12 PM »
OK, D grade it is

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #17273 on: December 06, 2018, 05:17:13 PM »
What is your logic here MR?

It's ok to play A and B at minor level - not ok at u21 but ok again in the form of intermediate and junior at adult age group? I am not sure I follow your train of thought.

A B and C or senior intermediate junior are just labels so that hardly matters.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #17274 on: December 06, 2018, 05:39:15 PM »
What is your logic here MR?

It's ok to play A and B at minor level - not ok at u21 but ok again in the form of intermediate and junior at adult age group? I am not sure I follow your train of thought.

A B and C or senior intermediate junior are just labels so that hardly matters.

There is no logic! I had said in an earlier post why are we getting our knickers in a twist over the ‘b’ grade under 21! It’s not like it’s a big competition, in my view it should be played off and winners go into the under 21 proper..

So I was accused of belittling it! That’s it.

As for junior intermediate and senior,  some posters view it similar to a b c competition, I personally don’t.. no biggy. If you want to call it that then fine.

So we are looking forward to the all Ireland b hurling semi final..

Do they still run intermediate and junior county teams? Or b and c county teams?

whatwillbwillb

• View Profile
« Reply #17275 on: December 06, 2018, 06:41:25 PM »
Footlocker did you not ask CCC to call LD this time instead of St galls last time and see if they would like to concede seeing as youse are the best team!! I still cant believe that youse had the B***s and arrogance to do that... MR ask you club secretary she'll confirm its not BS....

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #17276 on: December 07, 2018, 08:26:03 AM »
Brendan Crossan in todays Irish News has a good appraisal of "Saffron Vision" as it will be fondly recalled in years to come. A good read for those who were (or remain) sceptical about the achievements of this group of men who literally stepped up when our county needed them most.

The names of four are acknowledged in the article, (Colie Donnelly, Pol Mc Canna, Terry Reilly and Alex Mc Quillan)and they deserve nothing but the highest praise, as do a few others who were extremely prominent behind the scenes, men like Tony Chivers and Dick Mc Keague.

Their ambition and effort kick started the process of restoring pride in Antrim Gaa and saw this process off to a great start. If Antrim ever fulfils its vast potential then the efforts of these men will be long remembered. Thanks gentlemen for your vast and selfless contribution.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17277 on: December 07, 2018, 08:30:44 AM »
agreed BS. they do a lot of work both on and behind the scenes and have gotten antrim to a good footing compared to the shape we had got ourselves in.
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17278 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »
Good luck to Dunloy tomorrow. Really fancy them to give the tournament a real go

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #17279 on: December 09, 2018, 09:49:51 AM »
All the best to Dunloy today. Special group of lads