Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2239552 times)

farset

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #16470 on: October 10, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »
If Casement Park sitting ready to be played on, would you still want it played at Ahoghill?

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #16471 on: October 10, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »
If Casement Park sitting ready to be played on, would you still want it played at Ahoghill?

No, why would anyone not want it played at what would be a wonderful venue if its ever built?

But thats all what could be.

hurl like f**k boi!

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #16472 on: October 10, 2018, 02:05:58 PM »
I'm just talking about the surface and it being in Belfast.  You wouldn't complain travelling for the surface there. Corrigan every bit as good as what Casement was in my opinion.

That said I always remember the same people slabbering about having to play in Casement for hurling County finals involving two NA clubs.

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #16473 on: October 10, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »
Yes Chapeau to Cargin and St Galls for that match. Really was one to remember, two teams going at it was a joy to behold and the resolution of both sides was admirable.

Final will be a different affair, can Cargin be as reckless against an organised Creggan team?  Creggan dont have the stars that st galls have but work so hard for each other and do the simple things well. Their form starts them as favourites but can Cargin's returning contingent make the difference?

Toals do not agree with you........but sure they go to lots of games  8) and go;

4/9 Cargin
13/8 Creggan

Handy money......?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:52:20 PM by country bumpkin »

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #16474 on: October 10, 2018, 03:42:57 PM »
I'm just talking about the surface and it being in Belfast.  You wouldn't complain travelling for the surface there. Corrigan every bit as good as what Casement was in my opinion.

That said I always remember the same people slabbering about having to play in Casement for hurling County finals involving two NA clubs.

naw your grand, we dont want to play in corrigan. Ahoghill will do us fine or even somewhere else halfway between until we get a county ground. until then we will continue 'slabbering' about it.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #16475 on: October 10, 2018, 04:17:02 PM »
Yeah look in this instance Ahoghill makes sense. Randalstown would have been perfect as well had they decent vantage.

No need to ask supporters to travel to Belfast when nothing more available there right now.

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #16476 on: October 10, 2018, 06:25:40 PM »

naw your grand, we dont want to play in corrigan. Ahoghill will do us fine or even somewhere else halfway between until we get a county ground. until then we will continue 'slabbering' about it.

Well if, as I've heard, you are going to be playing your minor final before the IFC final, you'd hardly expect your slabbering to work with 3 Belfast clubs involved.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #16477 on: October 10, 2018, 07:32:39 PM »

Well if, as I've heard, you are going to be playing your minor final before the IFC final, you'd hardly expect your slabbering to work with 3 Belfast clubs involved.

What 3 Belfast clubs?

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #16478 on: October 10, 2018, 08:37:28 PM »

What 3 Belfast clubs?

As I wrote. If it's to happen before the IFC final that would be Gort, St Endas and the other minor finalist would be St Galls. 🙄

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #16479 on: October 10, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
He will say St. Endaís arenít a Belfast team....

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #16480 on: October 10, 2018, 08:47:30 PM »
I'm new to this so don't really know the characters but of course St Endas are Belfast.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:57:53 PM by farset »

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #16481 on: October 10, 2018, 09:22:28 PM »
I'm new to this so don't really know the characters but of course St Endas are Belfast.
[/quote

Afraid not, St Enda's play in South West competitions....including O'Cahan, Mc Cormick, as well as Laverty and Breslin cups and participate in all juvenile leagues (under12 to under-18.)

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #16482 on: October 10, 2018, 09:25:46 PM »
They may be a SW team but can they be considered a Belfast team?
Bredagh are a Belfast team but they arenít a South Antrim team.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

• View Profile
« Reply #16483 on: October 10, 2018, 09:37:31 PM »
St Endas from a competing point of view are a SW club but location is more Belfast so its really 50/50 for me.

Reading a fine article on social media about these fights during/after matches etc and about the passion from clubs. It did make a lot of sense. Our PRO got a mention in it though maybe a bit that should have been left out  :-X

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #16484 on: October 10, 2018, 10:08:17 PM »
He will say St. Endaís arenít a Belfast team....

And you are correct! They could be SW or NA.. donít forget SA couldnít cater for their teams a few years back so they came to the dark side  ;)