Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Lol Skull. Aye bring it out to the country and get a decent gate. Sad but true.

erinsboy

Spot on bann side there will be a decent crowd from the sw interested in goin till that game that wouldn't go up the motorway

Milltown Row2

Quote from: erinsboy on September 27, 2016, 09:49:48 PM
Spot on bann side there will be a decent crowd from the sw interested in goin till that game that wouldn't go up the motorway

Not too many happy memories heading up to the big smoke  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

erinsboy

Your right mill town my memories of goin to watch us play in Belfast is goin up on the supporters bus singing and comin home cryin but them days are long gone  ;D ;D ;D

Milltown Row2

Yeah for now its seems you lot are doing the right thing, and fair play, many a club would crumble under those defeats over the years and now you are competing at a higher level than the rest...

Hopefully we can renew championship final battles by winning on the 5th, but thats not a easy one for us, seen Lamhs a couple times this year and they have some good players, hopefully our lads can win and with a bit of style to
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Shuttle bus to and from the Dunsilly pitch on Sunday 2nd October.

The carpark at Dunsilly will be used for players and officials only and there should be NO parking on the road around Dunsilly.

Buses will run from the old Enkalon car park, it can be accessed from Junction one retail park or from the Randalstown Road entrance to Enkalon industrial estate.

The car park is across from Shrubs and Tubs garden centre.
The buses will be available from 10am in the morning until the games finish.

Unfortunately there will have to be some sort of charge for this.  £1 ahead return for adults and free for U16's.

Only in Antrim...

doodaa

Hi folks, just wanted to take the opportunity to publicise a fundraiser that our club has initiated to raise money for a great cause and have plenty of craic with at the same time. The donations raised go to AWARE, Pieta House and a fund for our desperately needed 2nd pitch (we have one pitch for 4 codes at all age levels). All the details for taking part can be seen at the link below to the thread on the main discussion section.

A fair few Antrim lads and ladies have already provided us with a few good yarns.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27361.msg1630871#new

Thanks

delgany

Can  anyone  explain / know  why  st John's are playing in u16 B  final  as  they were beaten in the semi final by St malachys!!   What's that all  about ?

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2016, 09:32:03 AM
Shuttle bus to and from the Dunsilly pitch on Sunday 2nd October.

The carpark at Dunsilly will be used for players and officials only and there should be NO parking on the road around Dunsilly.

Buses will run from the old Enkalon car park, it can be accessed from Junction one retail park or from the Randalstown Road entrance to Enkalon industrial estate.

The car park is across from Shrubs and Tubs garden centre.
The buses will be available from 10am in the morning until the games finish.

Unfortunately there will have to be some sort of charge for this.  £1 ahead return for adults and free for U16's.

Only in Antrim...

No you just could not make this up.................

Asking Cargin and St John's folk to take in under-16 finals on the same day their respective senior sides are involved in a senior championship semi final is head scratching decision when the juvenile finals could have been scheduled for a Saturday.
Then to acknowledge the venue chosen does not accommodate parking and ask those travelling to park a couple of miles from the ground and take a bus is farcical in the extreme.............
Take a bow those who made such absolutely stupid decisions........................and as PJ says....'Only in Antrim'

delgany

South antrim  b  final  hasn't been played. St John's definitely beaten bt st Mals. South antrim  semi.    Absolute joke  then

delgany

StA antrim  semi finals   Gortnamona   1-9   v   2-16   Clan ngael      Enright Pk 6.30pm   
F u16 football 2   20 Sep 2016   St Malachys   4-13   v   3-8   St Johns      Cherryvale 6.30pm   
F u16 football 2   31 Oct 2016   Clan ngael      v   st malachys   

paddyjohn

So how are St Johns in it?

The whole set up on Sunday is shambolic. Have they made provisions for families that have small children that will have a pram on the Venga bus? I wouldn't be happy putting my 6month old on a bus.
Surely a double header with the SFC semi would of been the solution?

Our fixture makers have gotten in spot on most of the year but not this time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2016, 11:07:15 PM

The whole set up on Sunday is shambolic. Have they made provisions for families that have small children that will have a pram on the Venga bus? I wouldn't be happy putting my 6month old on a bus.

Under 16 final wouldn't generate more than 200 people ffs!! If you're lucky! So playing it at Dunsilly is not a biggy in my view

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2016, 11:39:31 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2016, 11:07:15 PM

Under 16 final wouldn't generate more than 200 people ffs!! If you're lucky! So playing it at Dunsilly is not a biggy in my view

Maybe not but still asking people to pay into it and then into a SFC semi final? Laughable.

jdyok

Pay attention delgany

Fixtures & Results 2016 - O U16 fc 2

U16 fc 2   28 Aug 2016   St Johns   2-9   v   2-4   St Malachys   final St Pauls 11am