Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2784240 times)

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #11505 on: December 18, 2015, 01:47:27 PM »
Who is this "Aggies man with the mad plan"?

And anyway, I thought they got rid of divisional boards? Isn't that what you kept telling us?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:49:15 PM by hardstation »

culchie11

• View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: December 18, 2015, 05:51:28 PM »
U might c his brother later when u r down the casement social club, as far as I know he still works behind the bar!

The men that r in the positions on the county will hopefully do the right thing after consulting with all relevant and realise that maybe there doesn't need a lot of knee jerk reactions. As I said before a tweak here or there will do the same job! 

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: December 18, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »
Or maybe they've thought it through and are happy with the decisions their making. One mans knee jerk reaction is another's quick thinking .... all dependent on whether you agree with it of course.
Itís a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: December 18, 2015, 08:16:35 PM »
U might c his brother later when u r down the casement social club, as far as I know he still works behind the bar!

The men that r in the positions on the county will hopefully do the right thing after consulting with all relevant and realise that maybe there doesn't need a lot of knee jerk reactions. As I said before a tweak here or there will do the same job!

Yes, because that has worked so well recently..... Yeah 7th feb might be a bit early but would be pretty sure it'll be better than what we have now.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: December 20, 2015, 03:52:19 PM »
With the league starting in Feb now will that mean everything is wrapped up earlier or will we be playing matches into October!

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: December 21, 2015, 12:08:55 PM »
People seem to forget the brilliant weather we have here. There will be umpteen games not played due to pitches being in no fit shape in many cases.

Our main pitch wont be open till April at the earliest meaning all games are on the second pitch. With it being used for training as well it wont be long before its tore into rubbish.

I hope not but with our great irish weather it will be mostly likely soaking for the month of Feb
hurl like f**k boi!

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: December 21, 2015, 04:50:56 PM »
People seem to forget the brilliant weather we have here. There will be umpteen games not played due to pitches being in no fit shape in many cases.

Our main pitch wont be open till April at the earliest meaning all games are on the second pitch. With it being used for training as well it wont be long before its tore into rubbish.

I hope not but with our great irish weather it will be mostly likely soaking for the month of Feb

but surely the weather is as bad in the winter months when we are completing games? i suppose the difference is the pitch is getting a bit of rest after oct etc where as from feb it isn't. DR i thought your club would be one of the ones happy with the leagues starting early and more gaps between hurling and football fixtures, especially with your football looking to be on the rise, might give lads a bit more breathing space to be dual players.

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: December 21, 2015, 04:57:54 PM »
In principle yes. Its the reality that a lot of clubs pitchs will struggle to make it viable that he's talking about.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: December 21, 2015, 05:03:13 PM »
yeah exactly as skull says it. A lot of clubs only have one pitch and they will take an awful battering from feb to march with poor weather and matches on them.

You will see a few games called off in this period thus starting the back log of fixtures.

Im all for it but its more down to the reality that games will get called off.
hurl like f**k boi!

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: December 21, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
It's going to make it a ridiculously long season. Training starting straight after xmas and probably not finishing up until October.

The Worker

• hoy hoy sailor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: December 21, 2015, 08:10:53 PM »
Can county u21s play with their club before the county exits the championship ?

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: December 21, 2015, 08:34:54 PM »
It's going to make it a ridiculously long season. Training starting straight after xmas and probably not finishing up until October.

Ridiculous. Really? Sounds a bit strong does it not?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: December 21, 2015, 11:39:33 PM »

Ridiculous. Really? Sounds a bit strong does it not?

We'd never start training first week after Xmas... Oh wait!!! Every bloody year!! Falls park Tuesdays Thursdays!! Hated them but loved them in equal measure's
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: December 21, 2015, 11:48:35 PM »
I think it's a good idea.

Ballsy

Give it a go...whatever happens we'll all survive
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: December 22, 2015, 12:51:39 AM »
I think it's a good idea.

Ballsy

Give it a go...whatever happens we'll all survive
exactly, something needed done, see how it goes its better than leaving it as is.