Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearyMe

A lack of press around this fixture tonight, even online, find it quite strange!  Have people had their fill of this matchup? Expect nothing new?
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DearyMe on September 04, 2015, 02:09:13 PM
A lack of press around this fixture tonight, even online, find it quite strange!  Have people had their fill of this matchup? Expect nothing new?

Bring a good coat and a brolly (not Joe) hopefully we get over the line, all about the match ups really, who'll look after who, I'm expecting both teams to be defensive again and who's able to hold ball on a wet pitch and win dirty ball... we have been great at that side of things... Good referee tonight also and Brendan will be able to deliver the big calls when necessary, harder to call some black cards on a greasy surface, some are intentional others harder to call..

I expect a little controversy as this game always brings it up.... the fans have a bit of jovial banter (usually one sided ::) )

Great having Burkey back for us, massive player and he gave a great display last week in the senior hurling championship match v Loughgiel as did some of our other senior players... was just going to mention that if our Senior footballers go out and give the same intensity that the hurlers brought to the game v Loughiel and do it for 60 odd minutes I think we'll scrape over the line.. 2 point win with a last minute goal chance by Cargin going wide
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

getevennotcross

Quote from: shoebox on September 03, 2015, 07:55:36 AM
We're too busy promoting the GAA as it should be (all of the codes equally).  You are a football only club. The fact that you can't beat St Gall's when it matters certainly suggests the brilliance of St Gall's but asks questions of your mental strength against them. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to say it here.

I didn't mean to touch a nerve. So I'm sorry if I've annoyed you. It can't be easy year after year. All the very best for the game. It will be great for you to get the monkey off your backs. All I'm saying (from afar) is that I can't see it!
Boring, ur an ass really! Zzzzzzzz.   R u related to Brolly?  Keep ur distance and counsel in Ahoghill tonight, I'll make my own judgements and analysis ty.

Minder

Cargin 1-11 St Galls 0-8, 9 to go
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Cargin up by 6 with ten to go!

Minder

Cargin 1-14 St Galls 0-8 FT

Pub Bore

getevennotcross

Maybe time now for Galls to committ to hurling? Fair play to Cargin, broke the hoodoo eventually.

Milltown Row2

Best team won... We just didn't turn up. Fair play Cargin seemed well up for it in the second half... Ah well Bumpkin will be happy ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Is this the first championship win over St Galls for all the current team Cargin team?

What a team St Galls have been over the years!

Minder

Quote from: JimStynes on September 04, 2015, 10:05:46 PM
Is this the first championship win over St Galls for all the current team Cargin team?

I would say so as Cargin last won it in 2005

country bumpkin

Sure am happy at the moment MR2 but in truth i did anticipate the win and took the 15/8 on offer by Mr Power, but hey we are only in the semis.
St Gall's are a super team and as our good friend Shoebox said this may well be 'good riddance to the monkey on our back'.
The question now posed to the Milltown men is can they return again............some may well predict their demise but then more than a few suggested, time and time again that 'Cargin would not be back'.
Only the foolish and the begrudgers uttered the latter statement, and most likely the same persons will predict the former.

JimStynes

Quote from: Minder on September 04, 2015, 10:20:57 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on September 04, 2015, 10:05:46 PM

I would say so as Cargin last won it in 2005

Mick McCann and few others would have been playing then?

Milltown Row2

Good win, and I'm sure that was the first thing said after the game, you've won nothing... Time to celebrate tonight and look at the next game..

Serious line youse have, I thought at one point JB was standing in midfield... But that works... Loads of encouragement vocal support is good

theskull1

Cargin deserve alot of respect for keepin on keepin on through all the dark days and coming out the far side

Important to note they've nothing won yet at this stage
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera