Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: bannside on June 21, 2015, 07:33:46 PM
Word on the street about the St Galls 3 not so good. One for Boston on Wednesday and another in a full scale verbal spat with top county official after the match yesterday.

Really?

Or are you gossiping?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

curious

Excuse my ignorance, but can somebody advise if the reason for the players being dropped  is the manager's stipulation or is it some sort of county rule ?

ONeill

It's a no man's land.

From reading between the lines, Fitz did the correct thing in terms of squad morale, but was not forthright with the players involved as to why they were dropped. No big deal really but those wee things are inexplicable, inexcusable and the sort of thing Antrim could do with avoiding. He's new to inter-county management and it'll stand to him. Antrim to beat Fermanagh and then Cavan and finally lose out to Sligo in a tempestuous affair which see Murray sent off for sleggin Yeats.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

Did the manager not say they wouldn't have been fresh or fatigued from playing a game 24 hours previous, why was it such a shock to the players?

curious

after Antrim won without him and his references to the manager during his interview, will McGourty be selected against Fermanagh ?  If so, hopefully not at the expense of Ryan Murray who delivered big time last weekend.

manballandall

Isn't mc bride, who started against Laois , and mc aleer, who came on as sub, away to the states so CJ might squeeze in without affecting Murray or will he use Murray as an impact sub with his pace as the boys tire?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 26, 2015, 12:03:10 AM
Did the manager not say they wouldn't have been fresh or fatigued from playing a game 24 hours previous, why was it such a shock to the players?

No the manager said he'll not be starting them (not you're dropped), so they trained and warmed up with the rest of the lads possibly thinking they might get some game time... now CJ didn't start last game due to injury and by all means could have been what Fitzy wanted to do, that is bring him on as an impact sub, but being 6/7 points down and the best defender we had against Fermanagh sitting on the bench (he's only a young pup) you would have to think I need to get him on... anyways Fermanagh next, hopefully we keep 15 on the pitch and go for it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shoebox on June 26, 2015, 11:05:09 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2015, 10:46:36 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 26, 2015, 12:03:10 AM

No the manager said he'll not be starting them (not you're dropped), so they trained and warmed up with the rest of the lads possibly thinking they might get some game time... now CJ didn't start last game due to injury and by all means could have been what Fitzy wanted to do, that is bring him on as an impact sub, but being 6/7 points down and the best defender we had against Fermanagh sitting on the bench (he's only a young pup) you would have to think I need to get him on... anyways Fermanagh next, hopefully we keep 15 on the pitch and go for it.

Fairly knowledgeable about the situation now, MR2.   ;D

As someone already pointed out, St Galls won and Antrim won and I'm genuinely happy for both teams as they both seemed to have been done no favours.

was speaking to people involved today, thought I'd share that  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

getevennotcross

Just back home from Croke Park.  Today's games by Westmeath and Dublin would restore your faith in Gaelic football in that fellas actually kick the ball, makes for a more entertaining display of the true game as it should be played.  Unlike the crap that teams in Ulster pedal, such as Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh and of course the type of negative, defensive and boring football that Antrim county and clubs attempt to emulate.

Well done Westmeath and Dublin, more of the same please!

brendanbelfast

It was wrong, no two ways about it. Have to say that Fitzy emerges from all of this so far with tremendous credit. It is also the case that the players that are there have responded very well to Fitzy and his team. I absolutely believe we can beat Fermanagh and more importantly the players do too. Despite the body blow of boys taking off to the States, we now have a spread of experience of people who have played and won championship matches. I just hope that all involved see the advantages i attacking a team - 2.15 v Laois is a helluva better return than 0.8 V Fermanagh.

Can we all get back to talking about football now????

country bumpkin

Good idea Brendan..........forget about hurling.
;)

brendanbelfast

well....it is a football thread, no?

country bumpkin

Seems the Macs will not start on Sunday................Hurling again ???

bannside

Need a huge performance today. A win would be a bonus obviously, but firstly let's be competitive from the start. We lost too many duels here a month ago and got slaughtered in the press and even within our own county....and even from those who do have the best interests of the county at heart.

Football is mostly about pride. When you lose that you have nothing. A big loud performance today can rectify everything that has happened this year and earn players and management a much higher respect level. Laois was a welcome tonic but win today and the prize is even higher. Go on lads.

Performance =Pride =Respect = Support.

Minder

Fermanagh 1-21 Antrim 0-11 FT
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"