Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

McGourty dropped from the squad...

Oh dear.

A Quinn Martin Production

Does the Gaelic Life have any more vacancies??  Wanted:  Big Fish Small Pond etc
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Glensman

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=6726.msg244392#msg244392

Same story different year. Within a week or so the older brother was training with the hurlers. Alot of my faith (which isn't overly abundant at the minute) will be lost if he ends up training with them.

I step in no way to abuse them as brothers or as a family and I am not even sure of the specifics of what happened last year but if the younger cub did as alleged last week and has done previously then I hope the door hit him on the way out.
He and his cohorts in the under 21s are adults, albeit mainly students (so lesser adults...) they are not 14 year old boys.
It is not a prank/jokey call to call someone and leave abusive messages it in the middle of the night. It smacks of a complete lack of respect to do this to anyone, let alone to somone who is your manager - even the Cork boys didn't stoop this low. I think.
Its not good craic, its not a bit of a laugh or student banter its just wrong and I am not sure how it could be justified.
Your do such a thing in work to your boss and you're fired, you do such a thing to the girlfriend, you're dumped (or should be).

Would he like abusive messages left by his students when he is a teacher?
Would he like his father to receive abusive messages from any teams he is over?

He is a boy who needs to grow up otherwise the talent that he clearly does possess will go to waste. Same in respect of last week's antics to the other under 21s.

Next thing there will be talk of him signing for Burren/Down.

Heads focussed for the Sligo game now and forget this episode. It might bring the team together and let them realise that the bigger goal is bigger than any one player adn certainly requires resepct. Fair play to Bradley and Conway.
I understand that the trainings have been very good and a no nonsense approach is clear. Over the next months if promotion is secured (fingers crossed) and things start to click on field then what more can we ask for.

imtommygunn

To be honest my opinion is that he's not that big a loss. Himself and Paddy Cunningham are much of a muchness and one would be better without the other so maybe it'll help Cunningham.

While he is no doubt very good he is very replaceable.

mrsandman

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 24, 2009, 02:18:50 PM
To be honest my opinion is that he's not that big a loss. Himself and Paddy Cunningham are much of a muchness and one would be better without the other so maybe it'll help Cunningham.

While he is no doubt very good he is very replaceable.

Give me 15 hardworkers over 1 shining star any day of the week 
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

tonesfirstandlast

Could someone inform us what this young man has achieved so that he gets so many banner headlines.

Bogball XV

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on March 24, 2009, 04:46:02 PM
Could someone inform us what this young man has achieved so that he gets so many banner headlines.
He was on the Antrim minor side that got to an Ulster final 3 years ago TFAL, do you know nothing ???

He's scored a lock of goals against Kilkenny and Carlow

The Dark Knight

Ah Ha MR you hammered me not so long ago about the mighty superstar when i reported the behaviour leading to the Uni Finals, and there we are, a leopard never changes its spots!!!!! I wonder will he loose his scholarship now with the energy drink company, maybe that will allegedly stop him issuing rubber ones around the west!!!! Needs to stay away from the gee gees....... Maybe the DA can spin him out of this one????????

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 24, 2009, 05:01:14 PM
He was on the Antrim minor side that got to an Ulster final 3 years ago TFAL, do you know nothing ???

Wow!

Mid Down Gael

Why is McGourty dropped and rest of under 21s are not? Antrim football will need him before he will need them. The two McGourtys and Sean Kelly are the best players in Antrim and now none of them in the squad. Antrim need their best talent, pity all difficulties couldnt be sorted in house.

Minder

Quote from: The Dark Knight on March 24, 2009, 05:25:02 PM
Ah Ha MR you hammered me not so long ago about the mighty superstar when i reported the behaviour leading to the Uni Finals, and there we are, a leopard never changes its spots!!!!! I wonder will he loose his scholarship now with the energy drink company, maybe that will allegedly stop him issuing rubber ones around the west!!!! Needs to stay away from the gee gees....... Maybe the DA can spin him out of this one????????

What does this mean?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 24, 2009, 06:11:15 PM
Why is McGourty dropped and rest of under 21s are not?.

According to reports the other U21s apologised to Bradley...McGourty was already on thin ice following previous.

BanagusOir

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 24, 2009, 06:11:15 PM
Why is McGourty dropped and rest of under 21s are not? Antrim football will need him before he will need them. The two McGourtys and Sean Kelly are the best players in Antrim and now none of them in the squad. Antrim need their best talent, pity all difficulties couldnt be sorted in house.

The best footballers in Antrim, I think you should do your research. I think even the three themselves would say otherwise. But, still would be good to have them but if they aren't playing they arent playing.

nrico2006

QuoteHe's scored a lock of goals against Kilkenny and Carlow

Cracker.  True though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'