Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 3236413 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #22020 on: February 21, 2021, 11:45:03 AM »
Did we not give it away...

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #22021 on: February 21, 2021, 02:53:43 PM »
all GAA grounds are in the end owned by the GAa head Office - no money would have Chganged hands. the gaels of Antrim bough  the land by fundraising headed by Sean McGettigan and they had that much money over they bougt the land that now houses Rossa/ Sars and NPOl on shaws road

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22022 on: February 21, 2021, 03:25:06 PM »
all GAA grounds are in the end owned by the GAa head Office - no money would have Chganged hands. the gaels of Antrim bough  the land by fundraising headed by Sean McGettigan and they had that much money over they bougt the land that now houses Rossa/ Sars and NPOl on shaws road

I know that but someone said it was sold, I was just wondering how much?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

whatwillbwillb

• View Profile
« Reply #22023 on: February 21, 2021, 05:05:00 PM »
Around the same time as the name was paid for by Croker, ask Mr Quinn how much they got and what was done with it.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #22024 on: February 21, 2021, 09:49:44 PM »
Around the same time as the name was paid for by Croker, ask Mr Quinn how much they got and what was done with it.
stop Talkin in riddles - what name was paid for?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #22025 on: February 21, 2021, 11:19:21 PM »
Mr Quinn wouldn't have that remit. Nothing to see here!

whatwillbwillb

• View Profile
« Reply #22026 on: February 22, 2021, 06:17:47 AM »
Mr Quinn wouldn't have that remit. Nothing to see here!

Bannside no-one said he had a remit but he would know.  You have your finger on the pulse and circulate among these people ask what amount Antrim was paid by croker for its name and account for what the money was spent on? Thats the issue in Antrim theres plenty to see but the clubs are kept in the dark as are the delegates, thats why we're where we are today looking at looking at a derelict site!!!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:19:49 AM by whatwillbwillb »

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #22027 on: February 22, 2021, 08:37:34 AM »
Ok, you are saying Antrim sold the naming rights of the new stadium to the GAA, in a secret deal that Antrim club delegates were not informed of, and that the money went into a "strange" bank account!!

This is wrong on so many levels....I simply don't believe this to be honest.

whatwillbwillb

• View Profile
« Reply #22028 on: February 22, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »
Ok, you are saying Antrim sold the naming rights of the new stadium to the GAA, in a secret deal that Antrim club delegates were not informed of, and that the money went into a "strange" bank account!!

Nope way off the mark, not saying that in any shape or form, however on that note,  the name cannot remain as its public money and must reflect an all inclusive name, but sure they'll tell us that closer the time. You obviously are not aware, my mistake, do some more due diligence bannside, you'll get there eventually.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #22029 on: February 22, 2021, 04:49:24 PM »
There is a degree of merit in your claims WhatwillB.

Under the remit of Colie Donnelly a three man delegation made up of Saffron Business Forum members were approved by CC (and club delegates) to meet with Ulster Council Officials and indeed GAA, to discuss matters pertaining to stadium management etc. During the course of these discussions the matter of naming rights was on the agenda. Nothing was agreed, the stadium delay pushed back the necessity to make decisions.

It may well be true that this matter has resurfaced under the current coiste bainiste, and if so (I reiterate the word IF) then it is certainly very recent and still in development mode. There are a few top Antrim officials who are not aware of it, let's put it that way!

I have it on very good authority that Antrim's proud association with the memory of Roger Casement will remain intact, regardless of where the funding comes from.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 04:51:28 PM by bannside »

EOC1923

• View Profile
« Reply #22030 on: February 22, 2021, 04:50:29 PM »

Going over old ground again and doesn't matter at this stage but would anyone even be too bothered if all the new stadium issues were going on in the background and we still had our old Casement in place. Class place it was. Still cant figure out why the people at the top of Antrim at the time let it close? Someone earlier said it was something to do with the social club? FFS what a joke if true.
Got a new stand at Corrigan which is nice, looks great and will suit club finals well but we still cant host an official Inter County Ulster Championship game. Deccy Lynch seems a committed lad but id say there is about a 5 percent chance that big stadium will ever be built.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #22031 on: February 22, 2021, 05:34:58 PM »
Insurance was one reason, the stand was condemned also I think. Antrim/Ulster had thought the builders were heading in after planning was sought, I assume they decided it be easy to not pay a year’s insurance on a stadium that would be developed
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

whatwillbwillb

• View Profile
« Reply #22032 on: February 22, 2021, 07:32:16 PM »
There is a degree of merit in your claims WhatwillB.

Under the remit of Colie Donnelly a three man delegation made up of Saffron Business Forum members were approved by CC (and club delegates) to meet with Ulster Council Officials and indeed GAA, to discuss matters pertaining to stadium management etc. During the course of these discussions the matter of naming rights was on the agenda. Nothing was agreed, the stadium delay pushed back the necessity to make decisions.

It may well be true that this matter has resurfaced under the current coiste bainiste, and if so (I reiterate the word IF) then it is certainly very recent and still in development mode. There are a few top Antrim officials who are not aware of it, let's put it that way!

I have it on very good authority that Antrim's proud association with the memory of Roger Casement will remain intact, regardless of where the funding comes from.

Bannside, It's politics now, can you get that good authority to advise you what was the final figure paid by Croker to own our name and what happened that fee? I don't make claims, just call it as it is. I appreciate that your involvement and peoples knowledge of who you are within the hallowed corridors of Hannastown may stifle your responses and once again credit where credits due I do admire your commitment .
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:33:51 PM by whatwillbwillb »

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #22033 on: February 22, 2021, 07:38:26 PM »
Did they not move from Hannahstown?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #22034 on: February 22, 2021, 10:29:37 PM »
Just so that I am sure that I'm reading this right WWB, you're saying that (a) Croke Park has already paid money for naming rights, (b) it has gone into some mysterious account where it doesn't belong, (c) the Casement name has gone from the new stadium name, and (d) our county secretary is fully aware of all the above!

Is that correct?