Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2926180 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #20085 on: July 31, 2020, 10:04:41 PM »
Knockout all the way!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #20086 on: August 01, 2020, 08:03:58 PM »
Itíd be rough on the dual clubs. Last yearís championship fixtures were a struggle to fit in without extra games.
I buy that but less league matches could help with that or Less league matches with county players. maybe i'm just enjoying gettinG out of house ;D

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #20087 on: August 02, 2020, 03:20:55 PM »
Strange game between St. Gall's and St. Enda's. Five points apiece at the half after some really poor stuff from both sides. The heavens opened at the start of the second half with the elements in St. Enda's favour. St. Gall's quickly down to 14 men but went 6 points up. The weather improved and St. Enda's scored 1-05 without reply.

Only recognise about 10% of the names these days but good to see a few of the old guard still knocking about the place.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:27:54 PM by gallsman »
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #20088 on: August 03, 2020, 09:06:17 AM »
Just the 47 points defeat for John Mitchells yesterday, in 3 games they have scored a total of 2 points & conceded a total of 144, giving them a points difference of minus (-) 142

Why is this being allowed to happen?  I'm not picking on the club but it just seems a complete waste of time for all involved.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #20089 on: August 03, 2020, 09:13:31 AM »
You canít stop them entering.

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #20090 on: August 03, 2020, 09:29:58 AM »
Can someone throw in the towel then!  The team they played yesterday lost their 1st championship match by 11 points so they had a score difference of -11 going into the game.  After playing John Mitchells yesterday, they now have a +36 score difference LOLOLOLOL.  Makes a bit of a mockery of the thing does it not?

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #20091 on: August 03, 2020, 09:33:15 AM »
Obviously they donít want to throw the towel in and they continue to fulfil their fixtures. I wouldnít let it bother you.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #20092 on: August 05, 2020, 12:04:08 AM »
Jerome's doing a fine job on the coverage with decent co-commentators. Kerr and McGourty did well. Keep it up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
« Reply #20093 on: August 05, 2020, 12:39:09 AM »
Obviously they donít want to throw the towel in and they continue to fulfil their fixtures. I wouldnít let it bother you.

Ah here it is a joke. Only a few we all know wanna keep that club entering and its not for the platers benefit.
The players arent up to it and couldnt enjoy the 'sport.'....how can you not score a point in a champiosnip match.....how can you not solo a ball?.

Why should teams have to play them? Let them play south antrim b or whaatever.

that last 3 games is beyond anything ive ever seen at any age or level
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #20094 on: August 05, 2020, 07:13:57 AM »
It has been happening for a long time not just this year itís just the group games highlight it more. It was just a bye before.

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #20095 on: August 05, 2020, 08:34:55 AM »

Ah here it is a joke. Only a few we all know wanna keep that club entering and its not for the platers benefit.
The players arent up to it and couldnt enjoy the 'sport.'....how can you not score a point in a champiosnip match.....how can you not solo a ball?.

Why should teams have to play them? Let them play south antrim b or whaatever.

that last 3 games is beyond anything ive ever seen at any age or level
:-\ FFS like, talk about get over yourself.

If their players donít want to play, they simply donít turn up. Yet, they do. They fulfil their fixtures every year, which is a hell of a lot more than can be said for (an increasing amount of) other clubs who enter juvenile leagues & championships every year and donít fulfil the half of them.
Yes, they are shite but if the GAA was do away with shite football Antrim would have been wrapped up years ago.

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #20096 on: August 05, 2020, 08:47:11 AM »
Jerome's doing a fine job on the coverage with decent co-commentators. Kerr and McGourty did well. Keep it up.

The commentating on the St.Endas / St.Galls match was poor! 

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #20097 on: August 05, 2020, 08:52:14 AM »
they are shite but if the GAA was do away with shite football Antrim would have been wrapped up years ago.

;D Funny and sad all at the same time haha.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #20098 on: August 05, 2020, 02:30:23 PM »
For someThing completely different I notice 2 clubs who have been succesful at juvenile football for 10 years havebt got close to the Div 1 ranks - SarsFields and St Pauls and yet LD and St Johns are top DIV 1 teams with rare juvenile succeses - what you think? similar examples in SW????????

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #20099 on: August 05, 2020, 02:37:04 PM »
Have they won much that much at underage though? Or how recently are we talking?

If you have a solid senior team you can usually get away with a couple of players a year and not need significant success. On the same note it will be interesting to see how Cargin fare with them having quite a few barren years at minor etc though they now have good teams coming through.

I was talking to a guy from Sarsfields who says they are very young this year. Maybe too much of a big bang approach just with whatever circumstances.

The successful teams of the latter years in SW underage would tend to have made it to division 1. Rasharkin always used to be great at underage and maybe didn't do as much at senior but they have dropped off this last number of years. Ballymena have been improving a lot at underage but look to be moving division one direction too.

Player retention urban v rural maybe a thing there too.