Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2643845 times)

Peter john

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #19050 on: December 02, 2019, 05:26:26 PM »
Chapel   :o

referee

• View Profile
« Reply #19051 on: December 02, 2019, 05:27:58 PM »
Re I'm stupid ::)

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #19052 on: December 02, 2019, 07:36:44 PM »
Rodger you're going to have to sack your informant. Not a chance of those names returning en bloc for the NFL. Take that from me! Although I'd be sure Lenny has indeed touched base with all or most of them at some stage! Then theres the 6 names who supposedly got a message to take part in a trial game - in house match Sunday week ago. The three I checked out didnt hear a dicky bird!

Before that you asserted other nonsense about the PG1 management stepping down.  At this stage I say fair play to you, you are most definitely a serious contender for WUM of the year lol.

Rodger Mona

• View Profile
« Reply #19053 on: December 03, 2019, 04:38:15 PM »
BS if i cant put stuff im hearing up on this to seek clarity where else a i going to find these things out?

There are men on here with inside knowledge who can shed light on the things us nobles cant.

As for the PG1 management there was an element of truth within that though it never transpired. Dillon has stayed as hes getting a good rate for the job hes doing. So fair play to him.

Loughshore Green

• View Profile
« Reply #19054 on: December 03, 2019, 05:05:07 PM »
Dillon on £15k a year...take that as gospel

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #19055 on: December 03, 2019, 07:13:35 PM »
You couldnt do a thing like that Loughshore!

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #19056 on: December 03, 2019, 08:07:58 PM »
Dillon on £15k a year...take that as gospel
net or gross ?

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
« Reply #19057 on: December 03, 2019, 08:26:40 PM »
Welcome Latharna. Developing Larne is a big ask but not impossible....especially if Gaelfast coaches go in for a few years and light the spark. Maybe start with an under 12 and under 14 team, that would be enough to get started if there were half a dozen mentors capable of looking after this and stepping up to under 16s in a few years. Wouldnt look any further than this to begin with. Good thing about Gaelfast is, they will also coach the coaches, so thats a huge bonus too.
Larne needs help but I see Gaelfast were in Carryduff. Do Carryduff really struggle... seems a strange pick

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #19058 on: December 03, 2019, 08:32:32 PM »
150 at their early primary school sessions. A club on the up.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #19059 on: December 04, 2019, 09:09:39 AM »
Strange pick alright . B good to know what the plan is as it is s confusing picture from outside. Iím sure some clubs are wondering what it is for them when they See that

Caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #19060 on: December 04, 2019, 09:16:37 AM »
Is Gaelfast an Antrim initiative? Carryduff is a Down club?

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #19061 on: December 04, 2019, 09:46:09 AM »
Welcome Latharna. Developing Larne is a big ask but not impossible....especially if Gaelfast coaches go in for a few years and light the spark. Maybe start with an under 12 and under 14 team, that would be enough to get started if there were half a dozen mentors capable of looking after this and stepping up to under 16s in a few years. Wouldnt look any further than this to begin with. Good thing about Gaelfast is, they will also coach the coaches, so thats a huge bonus too.
Larne needs help but I see Gaelfast were in Carryduff. Do Carryduff really struggle... seems a strange pick

They do at hurling.

Gaelfast is a Belfast initiative supported by both Down and Antrim.

Wonder if Gaelfast will wing its way down the peninsula if it's able to go to Larne?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #19062 on: December 04, 2019, 10:17:43 AM »
Do they really Johnny? They are way better than they were a few years ago and sure they have even won some down underage championships have they not?

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #19063 on: December 04, 2019, 11:57:39 AM »
Do they really Johnny? They are way better than they were a few years ago and sure they have even won some down underage championships have they not?

They did about 10 years ago then didn't field in a lot of underage age groups up until recently.

They seem dependent on the parents of the kids having a GAA background as they've U12's and U14's with a few Portaferry and Lavey natives along the line.

Antrim Coaster

• View Profile
« Reply #19064 on: December 04, 2019, 03:16:55 PM »

Last time I heard they were this year's Antrim JHC 'B' Champions after a few years in the wilderness..