Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2493090 times)

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #18090 on: June 29, 2019, 09:41:05 AM »
Was at Aghagallon v L Dhearg last night, I could go off on a rant and say this and that and feed the trolls and upset MR2 but all I will say is that PH who was allegedly suspended by his own committee on advice of CCC due to numerous complaints in the past, should not have been allowed back period!

His connections to the LD club via family and chair of refs committee from the club he should never have been appointed (spectators opinions not mine) throughout the game. That's the local clubs argument no doubt.

I really do hope this game is on video, players and managers reacted and that's their problem but if they look at the video and the refs performance in relation to decision making then I would say they would have to hold their hands up!  Refs have a duty of care like everyone and last night was an example to all in relation to complete ignorance of this and created such a volatile situation which could have turned really serious but for a few level headed people on both sides.

Pity big AMcC (eyes and ears top accessor) wasn't at this oh that's right he doesn't go to LD games he just reports on everyone else .

What went down?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #18091 on: June 29, 2019, 10:13:12 AM »
Wow, Iím just thankful you didnít go off on a rant.

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #18092 on: June 29, 2019, 10:23:56 AM »
 ;D ;D not bad Hardstation

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: June 29, 2019, 10:34:43 AM »
Was at Aghagallon v L Dhearg last night, I could go off on a rant and say this and that and feed the trolls and upset MR2 but all I will say is that PH who was allegedly suspended by his own committee on advice of CCC due to numerous complaints in the past, should not have been allowed back period!

His connections to the LD club via family and chair of refs committee from the club he should never have been appointed (spectators opinions not mine) throughout the game. That's the local clubs argument no doubt.

I really do hope this game is on video, players and managers reacted and that's their problem but if they look at the video and the refs performance in relation to decision making then I would say they would have to hold their hands up!  Refs have a duty of care like everyone and last night was an example to all in relation to complete ignorance of this and created such a volatile situation which could have turned really serious but for a few level headed people on both sides.

Pity big AMcC (eyes and ears top accessor) wasn't at this oh that's right he doesn't go to LD games he just reports on everyone else .

What went down?

Aghagallon were rabbed

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: June 29, 2019, 11:17:16 AM »
A bit of debate over the final score in the Ballymena MíGlass game to. Ballymena and reporters had Ballymena winning the game by a point and ref had it a draw.

PH is a shocking ref, shouldnít be allowed to put a whistle to his mouth unless itís calling his dog back.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #18095 on: June 29, 2019, 01:20:00 PM »

What went down?
From what I hear an Aghagallon sub entered the pitch and a melee started after a heavy LD challenge and the Aghagallon crowd jostled the ref when he left the pitch at the end and there were fears for his safety - bad craic. Heard ref was poor too but obviously no excuse for being jostled by a crowd

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #18096 on: June 29, 2019, 02:45:34 PM »
Ref  is n't a good advertisement for the role on the field.
Give respect  - get respect  isn't part of his vocabulary .
He gives zero respect ,  is vulgar and ignorant to everyone on the pitch. Thinks his comebacks are funny !  Isnt fully aware of some of the rules.  I'm surprised it has taken this long to come to the fore. He isnt fit to wear the shirt!

breakingball

• View Profile
« Reply #18097 on: June 29, 2019, 08:40:48 PM »
Wow, Iím just thankful you didnít go off on a rant.

😂😂😂

Peter john

• View Profile
« Reply #18098 on: June 30, 2019, 05:18:02 PM »
A bit off a mix up alright regarding P Burns,all saints definitely thought they'd won it, some strange decisions,but moneyglass should've won handy,I hear an old all saints man is in at Whitehill as manager, Roney Rocks bless my soul lol
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 05:19:58 PM by Peter john »

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: June 30, 2019, 07:23:00 PM »
A bit of debate over the final score in the Ballymena MíGlass game to. Ballymena and reporters had Ballymena winning the game by a point and ref had it a draw.

PH is a shocking ref, shouldnít be allowed to put a whistle to his mouth unless itís calling his dog back.

Heard it was a bit of a hash at the end of it.

Happened us in Lisburn the other week. We were winning at a stage by a point but the ref had it 2 points to the other team. The Lisburn bench even laughed when he shouted out the score at that point. Thank fully we ended up winning by a point but we should of won by 2 points.

Ref admitted at the end he realised that he had it wrong when he heard their bench laughing.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #18100 on: June 30, 2019, 08:20:15 PM »

Happened us in Lisburn the other week. We were winning at a stage by a point but the ref had it 2 points to the other team. The Lisburn bench even laughed when he shouted out the score at that point. Thank fully we ended up winning by a point but we should of won by 2 points.

Ref admitted at the end he realised that he had it wrong when he heard their bench laughing.

Was there not a saga last year involving Glenravel and Antrim Town? The afore mentioned Mr Hughes was the man in charge that day.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: July 01, 2019, 08:20:11 AM »
interesting rematch on wednesday night with Moneyglass playing Ballymena again after the drawn/wasnt drawn game on friday night.

If moneyglass can get a result you would have to fancy them to take the second spot in D2.

we have a crappy run now of 4 away games and 1 at home but thats the joys of having already played at home to the other teams earlier.
hurl like f**k boi!

whatwillbwillb

• View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: July 02, 2019, 06:24:27 AM »

Was there not a saga last year involving Glenravel and Antrim Town? The afore mentioned Mr Hughes was the man in charge that day.

He was and thus the reason he was put out to grass after a number of similar incidents that year

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: July 02, 2019, 08:40:43 AM »
None the less folks, he does not deserve a character assassination on here. Players often do worse and there's little spoke of it.

Peter john

• View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: July 02, 2019, 12:41:56 PM »
Likewise Dr, if all saints get the win they'll fancy there chances, big game for yourselves in Randalstown, anyone off the top 5 will fancy a crack at div 1, especially Whitehill if they get momentum with 4h games and new manager