Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2492131 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17880 on: May 02, 2019, 03:32:41 PM »
Where is the corner forward Liam Quinn? I thought he was one of their better players last year but doesn't look to be about this year.

(I suspect with winning the league last year they may be more worried about peaking for c'ship too.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:38:06 PM by imtommygunn »

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #17881 on: May 02, 2019, 04:55:30 PM »
Where is the corner forward Liam Quinn? I thought he was one of their better players last year but doesn't look to be about this year.

(I suspect with winning the league last year they may be more worried about peaking for c'ship too.)

Liam Quinn is injured - think he played in their first league game

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17882 on: May 02, 2019, 04:55:44 PM »
Saffron Gael coverage is top class across all leagues - fair play
No big surprises for me in Div 1 except Aghagallon's performance and maybe Creggan going to concentrate on Championships
Rossa shoe in for Div 2 and NPol finding their feet in Div 3 and will climb up the league in the weeks and months ahead

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #17883 on: May 02, 2019, 05:47:50 PM »
No big surprises for me in Div 1 except Aghagallon's performance and maybe Creggan going to concentrate on Championships
Rossa shoe in for Div 2 and NPol finding their feet in Div 3 and will climb up the league in the weeks and months ahead

It really does make you more interested and aware as to what's going on. Great service. Not so sure on st pauls - I think they might be a while down in that division yet though I see they have been winning at feile level so maybe will come good when they get some of their youth through.

BrendanAntrim

• View Profile
« Reply #17884 on: May 02, 2019, 11:30:49 PM »
Just to back up comments on Saffron Gael - superb really. I hope those involved are getting something out of it, I know individuals and clubs can sponsor, buy ads etc. Keep it up folks.

Dunsilly King

• View Profile
« Reply #17885 on: May 03, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »

What, they didn't peak for the championship last year? They are not St Galls or Cargin who know what it takes. No, make no mistake this is a slump, and certainly not by design. Loosing three league games in a row to your main contenders is not preparation for anything. Cargin won the championship last year and came third in the league and as far I am know played most of the league with many injuries. There will be concern in Creggan at this dip.

inabsentia

• View Profile
« Reply #17886 on: May 03, 2019, 04:53:08 PM »

To be fair to them, they did play the johnnies, Galls, Creggan and Cargin in four out of the first five matches. No mean feat to get results out of them.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17887 on: May 05, 2019, 08:06:57 PM »
I see Glenarm is the latest place Gaelfast has visited following Crumlin and Dunloy. It looks like my fears are true and Gaelfast is just claiming Go Games, Easter Camps etc that were already happening and going to places where GAA is already strong

Anyone else see it too? I had hoped this would bring NEW initiatives to parts of Belfast where GAA is weak

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17888 on: May 05, 2019, 08:47:45 PM »
I see Glenarm is the latest place Gaelfast has visited following Crumlin and Dunloy. It looks like my fears are true and Gaelfast is just claiming Go Games, Easter Camps etc that were already happening and going to places where GAA is already strong

Anyone else see it too? I had hoped this would bring NEW initiatives to parts of Belfast where GAA is weak

Look at you! Would you wind your neck in. Embarrassing tbh
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17889 on: May 06, 2019, 09:24:29 AM »
embarrassing? committed Gael wondering what's going on that's all - wind your neck in lad

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17890 on: May 06, 2019, 11:04:37 AM »
embarrassing? committed Gael wondering what's going on that's all - wind your neck in lad

Go and ask the workers at Gaelfast, not sure on the committed Gael if all youíve done is run it down. One man up at Glenarm, which unless youíve been told porkies isnít a strong Gael area.

I get it if youíve missed the boat on a job with Gaelfast but go ask questions to people who know, youíll not get them on this site
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #17891 on: May 07, 2019, 07:22:26 PM »
The Gaelfast official twitter bio says itís pioneering initiative to re-ignite enthusiasm and involvement in the GAA in Belfast and Antrim.

Surely Glenarm deserve something to? Letís not make a country/city split over this, sure if it benefits the whole county then itís a good thing is it not?

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17892 on: May 08, 2019, 08:52:40 AM »
the gaelfast event ran at our place was a great success. woody was there and took the whole thing with hired coaches from different clubs who have all got jobs with them.

my nephew was there for the 2 days and loved it. If your getting one of the best coaches about in Woody then its a win win for everyone.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #17893 on: May 08, 2019, 11:59:43 AM »
I actually did a football session with him many years ago and have to say I thought he was fantastic. (I donít know why he was there for a football session mind but I think it was to mix it up!)

belfastsaff

• View Profile
« Reply #17894 on: May 09, 2019, 07:42:44 AM »
no big shocks last night , st johns and cargin would be have been a good one for the neutral, good wins for gorts Ld and pg1. Kickams back on track also. The lurgan men will be glad to see them first 6 fixtures out of the way and will hope to try and pick up a few points now however the men visiting from the glen road will be as hungry as any.

Glenravel seemed to have picked things up in div 2 and nobody will be touching rossa this year- resharkin and Lisburn look in real danger.

tight at the top of division 3 to!!!