Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2579279 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17520 on: January 16, 2019, 11:22:15 PM »
Well that makes sense, I like the line about players who are 29/30 and wondering if they’ll get to that stage again and retiring before their time!

Ourselves Cloghmills and others of that level will like that move, our current squad will throw their heap into senior championship for two years, that will hopefully bring on their experience at a level and benefit the clubs profile in attracting juveniles
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17521 on: January 17, 2019, 08:50:54 AM »
a sensible outcome to all of this.

2 years is more a realistic time to be up a grade to see if your capable of holding your own. then you can make the choice to stay or go back down.

id rather clubs tried to stick it out to try and improve themselves as a senior team but for the likes of cloughmills its very difficult due to not having an underage set up
hurl like f**k boi!

DownFanatic

• Floreat Dunum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17522 on: January 17, 2019, 09:07:24 AM »
Has it been the case in Antrim this past while that a football club can just decide at the season's start what championship they want to play in for the year ahead?

outinfront

• An Bhréadach Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #17523 on: January 17, 2019, 01:53:50 PM »
Has it been the case in Antrim this past while that a football club can just decide at the season's start what championship they want to play in for the year ahead?

Yes. St Edna's playing Intermediate is the one that has currently had a lot of people talking.
Although I know of several times where teams winning the JFC have remained in that grade the following year.

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #17524 on: January 17, 2019, 02:30:44 PM »
Glad that divisions will determine your championship. Feel for the Gorts and I suppose everyone else St Enda's beat because being a Div 1 team they robbed the genuine Div 2 clubs of the chance to win their championship but this year a new year and hopefully lessons learned.

Good luck to St Enda's at the weekend though. They should win being a Div 1 team against a Div 2 side. 👀

belfastsaff

• View Profile
« Reply #17525 on: January 17, 2019, 03:15:26 PM »
there is no joking about this situation st endas should be winning this all Ireland. They are a decent division 1 team putting some good performances and results in all year in div 1. The team they play at the weekend are a Division 2 team - people aren't happy with what they have done but it will be even more embarrassing for them if they don't win it now.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17526 on: January 17, 2019, 04:10:02 PM »
Glad that divisions will determine your championship. Feel for the Gorts and I suppose everyone else St Enda's beat because being a Div 1 team they robbed the genuine Div 2 clubs of the chance to win their championship but this year a new year and hopefully lessons learned.

Good luck to St Enda's at the weekend though. They should win being a Div 1 team against a Div 2 side. 👀

the year we got to the ulster final against Ballinagh from Cavan they were a Div1 team and had county senior players in their team. It seems to happen not only in our own county.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #17527 on: January 17, 2019, 04:29:08 PM »
there is no joking about this situation st endas should be winning this all Ireland. They are a decent division 1 team putting some good performances and results in all year in div 1. The team they play at the weekend are a Division 2 team - people aren't happy with what they have done but it will be even more embarrassing for them if they don't win it now.

Don't talk shit. As said by others division 1 teams from other counties go into this plus it is not like we are a strong football county. The only embarassing thing is your post. Incredibly petty.

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #17528 on: January 17, 2019, 05:04:22 PM »
We aren't a strong football county??

I think you are confusion club football with County football. Using your logic Tyrone and Donegal teams should be winning Senior, Intermediate and Junior every year.

St Galls over the years and this year arguably Cargin have proved that our clubs are strong or certainly comparable with some of the highest standards.

Every single team that St Enda's have beaten in this championship have been Division 2. That's just a fact. Spideal are too so yes they should win it.

breakingball

• View Profile
« Reply #17529 on: January 17, 2019, 05:28:13 PM »
Farset away climb back underneath that rock you came out from under. 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

breakingball

• View Profile
« Reply #17530 on: January 17, 2019, 05:29:20 PM »
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 only thing embarrassing it’s your post. Muppet.

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #17531 on: January 17, 2019, 05:33:38 PM »
Farset away climb back underneath that rock you came out from under. 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

What is factually untrue about what I wrote? Or do you just want to insult people who you disagree with.

St Enda's have played Division 2 teams in every single fixture they have played in the championship to date. They play a division 2 club at the weekend too. All facts.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17532 on: January 17, 2019, 05:33:59 PM »
We aren't a strong football county??

I think you are confusion club football with County football. Using your logic Tyrone and Donegal teams should be winning Senior, Intermediate and Junior every year.

St Galls over the years and this year arguably Cargin have proved that our clubs are strong or certainly comparable with some of the highest standards.

Every single team that St Enda's have beaten in this championship have been Division 2. That's just a fact. Spideal are too so yes they should win it.

They are favourites but that’s based on how they have played, there is no guarantee of course as the Galway champions have beaten all before them.. there is some who feel this is tainted but until it’s a rule set in stone with all the counties adhering to it then I’ve no qualms at all..

Good luck to St Endas, I wish them the very best.. Gorts would have given it a go but would have fallen at the first hurdle I feel.. I don’t think you’d have any Gorts men complaining.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #17533 on: January 17, 2019, 06:02:04 PM »
Whether or Gorts or Moneyglass (or whoever would have went on to win the Intermediate) would have fallen at the first hurdle is simply subjective and besides the point. St Enda's were the only Division 1 club in the championship lol.

If say Gorts or Moneyglass (choosing these clubs because they were beaten by St Enda's) had have won the county intermediate and been beaten in the first round or the final, then they would be able to look back at it proudly as a club genuinely at that level. The same cannot be said of the men from Glengormely who were playing at a level above EVERYONE to date. That's just a fact, whether the rules allowed them to or not. I'm glad the new rules will address that.

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #17534 on: January 17, 2019, 06:16:30 PM »
These are not rules .They are proposals from CCC.
They make a mockery of league football. They have to be discussed at county committee in two weeks.

A Losers championship/knockout  is a poor idea.