Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2736907 times)

farset

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17385 on: December 15, 2018, 10:00:51 AM »
I hear the county board are telling the clubs age grade changes are happening without any debate like they did last Christmas. Do they think everyone is asleep at Christmas! Bad start from new chairman

What the hell has that got to do with CiarŠn McCavanagh? It's a Croke Park directive. Every other county in the country will be changing and so because Antrim will be too, you want to bash the chairman whose in the job a week or so?

That's terrible on your behalf.

The U13/15/17 thing makes sense. Kids at 10 and even 11 are too young to be playing competitive games and U13 is about right. I'm fully behind it. I think it might do away with Fťile though which is why I heard that Sarsfields will be opposing it (they must fancy themselves at U14 this year)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17386 on: December 15, 2018, 10:42:22 AM »
a couple of facts

- clubs were told at a monthly county meeting in September there would be no change until 2020 when Croke Park were making the changes compulsory
- without further discussion clubs are informed by email on 14th Dec that the county is unilaterally bringing changes it doesn't have to make in 2019
- clubs are asking to register disapproval by 28th Dec

If saying this isn't a good way of treating our clubs make me a balloon then I'm a balloon!

I said it wasn't a good start for the new chairman but that doesn't mean he might not end up being a great chairman

MR2 we are all faceless on this forum that's how forums work

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17387 on: December 15, 2018, 11:52:42 AM »
a couple of facts

- clubs were told at a monthly county meeting in September there would be no change until 2020 when Croke Park were making the changes compulsory
- without further discussion clubs are informed by email on 14th Dec that the county is unilaterally bringing changes it doesn't have to make in 2019

If saying this isn't a good way of treating our clubs make me a balloon then I'm a balloon!

I said it wasn't a good start for the new chairman but that doesn't mean he might not end up being a great chairman

Iím not faceless nor is bandside and a few others here, plenty well known even if they think they ainít!

Having a pot shot at people is cheap, Iíve been guilty of it to in the past, itís frustrating as a manager or player when things at committee level go against your judgement, but these people put their head on the blocks, they are voted in and we wonít see eye to eye on things but there is a process and should you feel strongly about it, get involved
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #17388 on: December 15, 2018, 12:04:50 PM »
As for bringing in the changes itís going to happen anyway, other counties have already started it.. a year early means itís tough on that kid that will miss out and a managers team will not have the players he thought he had, but it will be the same for everyone.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #17389 on: December 15, 2018, 02:04:24 PM »
Under-21 final will now be Tuesday evening......

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #17390 on: December 15, 2018, 02:12:41 PM »
a couple of facts

Iím not faceless nor is bandside and a few others here, plenty well known even if they think they ainít!

Having a pot shot at people is cheap, Iíve been guilty of it to in the past, itís frustrating as a manager or player when things at committee level go against your judgement, but these people put their head on the blocks, they are voted in and we wonít see eye to eye on things but there is a process and should you feel strongly about it, get involved

+1.

I've been guilty of it too and have apologised when wrong but ffs he's only in the job a week and he's getting a hard time on here for carrying out a Croke Park DIRECTIVE.

As Mr said, it's happening anyway. We might as well get the structures on place. I take it you wanted a go at Fťile Belfast GAA man?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #17391 on: December 15, 2018, 02:26:42 PM »
Common sense prevails re  U 21 final. Good call, fair play.

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #17392 on: December 15, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
Despite previous Under-21 final will now proceed tomorrow, Sun 16th at Colaiste Feriste......3pm.

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #17393 on: December 15, 2018, 02:52:21 PM »
a couple of facts

+1.

I've been guilty of it too and have apologised when wrong but ffs he's only in the job a week and he's getting a hard time on here for carrying out a Croke Park DIRECTIVE.

As Mr said, it's happening anyway. We might as well get the structures on place. I take it you wanted a go at Fťile Belfast GAA man?

The problem with this change  is that it is completely geared to the education system in the south   and shows no regard to students sitting gcses and a levels here.

Personally  think  it will make little difference to the issues surrounding  15 -19 age groups and participation levels.

Alot of talk about players joining on sanctions   but think it reflects low numbers all round

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17394 on: December 15, 2018, 04:21:09 PM »
it is not a DIRECTIVE to change until 2020 - ask your club for details of the communications / my club hasn't competed at National Feile level in long time and not expecting it to next year

So everyone else appears to think this has been handled well? 14th December communication...

Apart from paid referees and paid coaches the rest of us are hard working volunteers and I believe in communicating and discussing important issues with them not issuing emails

Who knows whether u19 will work but this no way to go about a big change that doesn't yet have to happen

maxpower

• View Profile
« Reply #17395 on: December 15, 2018, 04:23:14 PM »
Do you honestly think this has been well handled by the County?

Clubs informed in the middle of the season that it would remain status quo for 2019 and any changes taking affect 2020 only to be told on the 13 Dec (after AGM's) that everything is changing a year early.

The change is inevitable but it has been handled dreadfully.

Too many unanswered questions, Feile for one, will Camogie move in line, how does it impact the competitions?
What happens next????

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #17396 on: December 15, 2018, 04:32:30 PM »
So why is it Armageddon to you all? Lol

There's a workshop on Monday night. More like a planning session.

The other side of that argument is that the county is preparing for next year now VOLUNTARILY.

Wind your necks in. Its happening anyway. Might as well be this year.

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
« Reply #17397 on: December 15, 2018, 04:53:58 PM »
Wind you neck in Farset. Last minute communications appear underhand. A lot of clubs have coaches selected and training plans ready or training is underway. As volunteers coaches tend to work with age groups where their kids are involved and last minute changes like this will have a negative impact IMO. Very badly handled. Wonder will there be a drop off in participation especially at u19 & U18 level.

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #17398 on: December 15, 2018, 05:18:12 PM »
Already training for next year??

Nothing underhand about it. It was touted from summer time and then county received communication from Croke Park and are planning for it. That's it. Get over yourselves and stop creating problems where there are none.

They aren't last minute changes lol. It's still 2018 you absolute cry babies.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #17399 on: December 15, 2018, 06:07:43 PM »
it is not a DIRECTIVE to change until 2020 - ask your club for details of the communications / my club hasn't competed at National Feile level in long time and not expecting it to next year

So everyone else appears to think this has been handled well? 14th December communication...

Apart from paid referees and paid coaches the rest of us are hard working volunteers and I believe in communicating and discussing important issues with them not issuing emails

Who knows whether u19 will work but this no way to go about a big change that doesn't yet have to happen

So referees and paid coaches arenít hard working? I get expenses, I donít get paid, Iíve a job..  :D

You volunteer like thousands of people do because you want to. Not on your own in that department two nights a week and a match.. ive done it for years!  Good for you. Youíre a professional moaner though..

The changes are the same for every club, itís crap but coming anyway. Weíve people in place and that will change, I nearly stepped back into managing again and would have had to deal with it myself and would have been annoyed but at least Iíd accept it and move on!