Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2201261 times)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #16125 on: June 14, 2018, 11:25:27 AM »
It's a thankless task. Some clubs have only 1 pitch and take into consideration that clubs offer Football, Hurling, Camogie & Ladies Football from Un8 right up to senior, only so many hours in the day and days of the week.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: June 14, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
Anyone know when the new Belfast Regeneration Manager starts? Would be good to hear his plan....

angermanagement

• View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: June 14, 2018, 11:14:18 PM »
October/November I think I read in the Irish News. Not sure if heís to work his notice with his current job.

You wouldíve thought it would be better to start in August/September before the schools went back.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: June 14, 2018, 11:49:06 PM »
With the passion experience and job CV then I think weíve certainly picked the best man for the job
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: June 16, 2018, 07:14:32 PM »
By all accounts he is a good get for the job which is heartening but October/November ! Hate to be a dark cloud on this but that's some notice period and we need urgency as we have yet another barren summer while we watch the all-ireland series unfold in front of our envious eyes :(

Dreen

• View Profile
« Reply #16130 on: June 16, 2018, 10:31:08 PM »
Aye because if he started tomorrow we will be sorted by next April

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #16131 on: June 16, 2018, 10:39:13 PM »
By all accounts he is a good get for the job which is heartening but October/November ! Hate to be a dark cloud on this but that's some notice period and we need urgency as we have yet another barren summer while we watch the all-ireland series unfold in front of our envious eyes :(
We will watch many an AI series roll on as we have barren season after barren season. PD starting in October/November or next spring will have zero impact on that. It will be years before we see the results of this.

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16132 on: June 17, 2018, 02:03:52 AM »
Urgent, why's that? We have slept through a slow decline, hit the wall and now its a crisis!! It is what it is. PD is as good a candidate there is and isn't one for going through the motions so my prediction is he will make a positive impact. My preference is suspend senior inter county until we put bricks and mortar under our aspirations, however long that takes. Lets make it about the club again. This isn't a fit for the current business model though.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: June 17, 2018, 10:01:05 AM »
To the posters above of course the new initiative will take years to affect the adult scene but we don't have 4/5 months to wait that's all.

I'm looking forward to seeing PD in operation and disappointed its not happening sooner. Initiatives like this can lift other Antrim Gaels struggling to see the fruits of their work

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: June 17, 2018, 10:06:15 AM »
Urgent, why's that? We have slept through a slow decline, hit the wall and now its a crisis!! It is what it is. PD is as good a candidate there is and isn't one for going through the motions so my prediction is he will make a positive impact. My preference is suspend senior inter county until we put bricks and mortar under our aspirations, however long that takes. Lets make it about the club again. This isn't a fit for the current business model though.
Like your radical thinking about pulling out of county and diverting our resources to building a strong clubs. I'd say this is well worth a debate and if one county did it others would follow but no one will want to be the first to do it

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #16135 on: June 17, 2018, 10:07:31 AM »
Why donít we have 4/5 months to wait? Would you have preferred a lesser candidate to take over today? And not get the right results further down the road?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #16136 on: June 17, 2018, 10:12:50 AM »
wouldn't have preferred a lesser candidate just can't understand the delay - can  you?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: June 17, 2018, 04:28:30 PM »
wouldn't have preferred a lesser candidate just can't understand the delay - can  you?

Gives his notice would be one reason Iím sure..

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: June 17, 2018, 09:13:50 PM »

Gives his notice would be one reason Iím sure..ok my passion for Antrim is getting the better of me !

belfastsaff

• View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: June 20, 2018, 11:59:51 AM »
Will Big Marty J feature for Kickams this year ?