Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2312600 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #15465 on: December 08, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »
Davitts i think have bought into that also. all to be developed
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #15466 on: December 08, 2017, 12:47:12 PM »
Thought Davits had found a spot up behind Corpus Christie college?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #15467 on: December 08, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »
Thought Davits had found a spot up behind Corpus Christie college?

Oh? the old school all weather pitches of my old school?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #15468 on: December 08, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
Michael Davitt GAC are proud to announce that work on our new pitch (in collaboration with Corpus Christie College) and associated facilities started earlier this week.

Throughout our illustrious 105 year history, Michael Davitt GAC has never had a pitch that we could really call home but now our dream will soon come true.

It has been a long and arduous journey to get to this stage but the commitment and determination of our club committee, and in particular our chairman Tommy Shaw, to realise our goals never ceased.

With the help of local Sinn Féin councillors, particularly Cllr Ciaran Beattie and Cllr Jim McVeigh, Sinn Féin MLA Fra McCann, our local MP Paul Maskey, Belfast City Council, schools, the local Parish, Diocese, Space & Place, BIFFA and local residents, a barren piece of land that once blighted the area will soon be a state of the art facility, benefiting the whole community. We would like to offer our thanks to you all for your assistance and support. Without you all this project would not have been possible.

Go raibh míle maith agaibh.

This £1.5m project will consist of a full size Gaelic pitch complete with spectator stand, changing rooms, hurling wall, 4G training pitch with floodlights, car park, children’s playground, outdoor gym and highway to health walkway/TRIM trail and should complete in approx 44 weeks.

We welcome the co-operation, understanding and support from the residents of St Marys Gardens over the upcoming weeks.

Finally, we look forward to providing a hub for our beloved sports to the local community and beyond.

Davitts Abú

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #15469 on: December 08, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »
Great stuff and a new area that hasnt got a traditional Gaa following, if I'm being honest, so hopefully they can tap into the local schools and encourage more boys and girls to play GAA..

Having grown up around there myself there wasnt much Gaa going on, the local prrimary school didnt even have a team.

having went to a CBS primary we'd nothing else but GAA, with Davitts funny enough doing a lot of work as they were the nearest based club to the school... Beechmount had a mixture of Rossa, Davitts, couple of Johnnies lads, struggling now to think, and there wasnt more than a handfull of families that played in that whole area, which on reflection is poor, considering the numbers, around 5,500 people living there

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #15470 on: December 08, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »
Great stuff and a new area that hasnt got a traditional Gaa following, if I'm being honest, so hopefully they can tap into the local schools and encourage more boys and girls to play GAA..

Having grown up around there myself there wasnt much Gaa going on, the local prrimary school didnt even have a team.

having went to a CBS primary we'd nothing else but GAA, with Davitts funny enough doing a lot of work as they were the nearest based club to the school... Beechmount had a mixture of Rossa, Davitts, couple of Johnnies lads, struggling now to think, and there wasnt more than a handfull of families that played in that whole area, which on reflection is poor, considering the numbers, around 5,500 people living there

Crisis!

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #15471 on: December 08, 2017, 05:24:24 PM »
Can recall the Davitts in div one......looks like the Twinbrook men mean business...smashing news..

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: December 08, 2017, 06:18:25 PM »
Great stuff Davitts. Fantastic news for the gaels in the area and something that will help promote our national games in an area big into soccer. Another good news story.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #15473 on: December 08, 2017, 09:18:23 PM »
Can recall the Davitts in div one......looks like the Twinbrook men mean business...smashing news..

Would never have labelled them as Twinbrook men, where’d that come from?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #15474 on: December 08, 2017, 10:17:15 PM »

His geography of belfast is like you city boys geography of the country ;D

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #15475 on: December 09, 2017, 10:40:52 AM »

His geography of belfast is like you city boys geography of the country ;D

Did Davitt's not have a 'pitch' at Twinbrook back in the days of Div One tenancy...?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: December 09, 2017, 11:39:58 AM »
There was a council pitch that they played on, but they are your only now lower Falls road club!

No McDermots or Dywers or Clonard anymore

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: December 09, 2017, 01:48:43 PM »
Essential that due to the sheer numbers involved, this is prime area for targeting huge growth. Literally hundreds of potential players slipping through the net there. The next generation should see lots of them aspire to wear Saffron.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #15478 on: December 09, 2017, 03:14:47 PM »
Essential that due to the sheer numbers involved, this is prime area for targeting huge growth. Literally hundreds of potential players slipping through the net there. The next generation should see lots of them aspire to wear Saffron.
Dlelighted to see Davitts get their own home pitch after all these years. They have had to play in Boucher,Falls Park and Twinbrook over the years and keep the club going
Great and overdue development but as someone else pointed out there used to be McDermots, Clonard and Dwyers on the Falls Road and none of these clubs field any more

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: December 09, 2017, 03:54:03 PM »
Dlelighted to see Davitts get their own home pitch after all these years. They have had to play in Boucher,Falls Park and Twinbrook over the years and keep the club going
Great and overdue development but as someone else pointed out there used to be McDermots, Clonard and Dwyers on the Falls Road and none of these clubs field any more

Indeed ur right Belfast man, and glad to learn that I am not approaching senility.....agreeing the Davitt's men did have a home base at Twinbrook at a time.
Is their 'social club' not in the same area?