Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Ciaran Close still a class act. Epitomises what a good corner forward should do and looks fitter than ever. Was my MOM on Friday night.

country bumpkin

May well be losing it MR but excuse me if I am mistaken but didn't Cargin finish well clear of L D in last years semi final?
Think u are going back a ways past 'recent' perhaps 7-8 years back.
By the way Cargin have never beaten Rossa in a senior final.
But hey the measure of character is how to handle the heartache of defeat....................Do u think Cargin have anything to prove thereon?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 04, 2015, 10:26:21 PM
May well be losing it MR but excuse me if I am mistaken but didn't Cargin finish well clear of L D in last years semi final?
Think u are going back a ways past 'recent' perhaps 7-8 years back.
By the way Cargin have never beaten Rossa in a senior final.
But hey the measure of character is how to handle the heartache of defeat....................Do u think Cargin have anything to prove thereon?

They have to win to prove their worth, ultimately beating us is just a route to the next round, granted its a great bonus.... I fully expect Cargin to beat a Lamhs team that have struggled this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Didn't get to the Rossa v Lamhs yesterday but no surprise that there was little between them. Rossa no bad side. I see their team selection in today's IN and it confirmed my fear that they never seem to get their best players out.

No SP Donnelly, Gareth George, James Connolly, Beller, O Fleming, and Finch, Crickey McGuinness, Adrian Orchid and the county's outstanding minor Gérard Walsh only getting game time as late replacements. Sorry but that's just too much quality missing from any line out. And it's certain I have missed a few others as well.

What's going on here HS?

In fairness Ryan Murray some loss for the Red Hands.

Na Glinntí Glasa

nice surprise for us to be in the intermediate final. Have to give fair dues to our new management, they have taken us from going no where for years to promotion to Div 2 and the county final in their first season.

Too long has football been looked over in our club and the right people have come in now and done great work. They are working well with our hurling set up and its worked wonders (well expect for the hurlers being dumped out lol).

Promotion was the main aim so anything is a bonus at this stage!
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

DR you have had some very good footballers over the years up there with the best in the south west but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it!) the small ball always takes precdence!

YOu guys are division 3 with most intermediate in division 2 so decent win no doubt.

I read somewhere that Ballymena got promted to division 1 for the first time in 20 years. Anyone know if this is correct??

Na Glinntí Glasa

they did, it was up on their twitter feed yday confirming it.

Hurling will always be the main game in Dunloy but the footballers have now put themselves back on the map again this season. next year we will be competing in minor A for the first time in years as well so good times for them.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2015, 09:25:05 AM
DR you have had some very good footballers over the years up there with the best in the south west but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it!) the small ball always takes precdence!

YOu guys are division 3 with most intermediate in division 2 so decent win no doubt.

I read somewhere that Ballymena got promted to division 1 for the first time in 20 years. Anyone know if this is correct??

1st time in 26 years I read somewhere. Unreal when you think of some of the talent they've have.

imtommygunn

They have always seemed to have a county player in their midst whatever level they're at.

Haven't seen much of them in revcent years but the year they got to ulster intermediate final I thought they looked very good with LOgan and McVeigh in midfield.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2015, 11:02:16 AM
They have always seemed to have a county player in their midst whatever level they're at.

Haven't seen much of them in revcent years but the year they got to ulster intermediate final I thought they looked very good with LOgan and McVeigh in midfield.

Logan brothers, McVeigh brothers and a few lads like Liam Cassley, Michael McCarry & Peter McNicholl.

Always are a big strong side.

otbar

Sad to say it but there is no team in the county near cargin at the minute - was at both games at the weekend and cant see how LD will cause them any bother - creggan are a better footballing team.

imtommygunn

I expected Creggan to be a lot closer than they were. It does look like it's either cargin or st galls and no one else is close though I guess we'll see in the final.

LD don't seem to have pushed on from their good minor team. I don't know that much about both teams but from outside looks that Rossa are built from good minors of recent years so should be pretty young and LD are from their good minor team who you'd expect to be pushing on now. You'd expect Rossa to improve more over the coming years.

Hoof Hearted

When and where is the final ? Can i assume Sunday week in ahoghill ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

country bumpkin

U sure u got that one right Tommygun..................hear the wee man who makes all the decisions palns to play the senior final at either Sarsfield's or Corrigan.......... :o