The Estate

Started by Square Ball, January 19, 2012, 07:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on February 09, 2012, 07:55:26 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 08, 2012, 08:20:30 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on February 07, 2012, 09:30:00 PM
things not going too well in the estate the taxpayer has run out of money to pay for the alcoholic worker scheme.. oh lord what will the boys do now? who will take them to the social security office? have a few ciders and drown their sorrows..no doubt. on the bright side one of the many empty houses about the place has been converted to a 'drop in centre' and one of the many spongers has got himself a desk where the taxpayer can put his new computer etc..
Are you actually a Tory? Or is it just a sectarian thing?
no i actually the son of a woman who worked all her life and paid tax and now when her home would need some modifications to make it more suitable for her failing health the same housing exec have offered her 12ft of wooden facia board. but she has to get approval first (and it cant be the treated sort). so when i watch my tax money being wasted on these spongers i think I've a right to be a little acidic
You really are supporting the wrong political party. You don't even realise it.

haranguerer

That Kelly girl will go far

theskull1

"Eat the fcukin thing ya bastard"

And the meather shaking the head ....Jesus christ
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on February 13, 2012, 10:49:23 PM
"Eat the fcukin thing ya b**tard"

The pitiful thing about today's society is she will probably get some, or at least seek , some fame from appearing on this show.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

borderfox

Plenty of Rangers tops and loyalist flute band regallia on display tonight.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on February 13, 2012, 10:49:23 PM
"Eat the fcukin thing ya b**tard"

The worst thing about working is she wont be able to text! She'll go far.

theskull1

Quote from: borderfox on February 13, 2012, 11:13:23 PM
Plenty of Rangers tops and loyalist flute band regallia on display tonight.

Well it is an estate in coleraine.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mickey Linden

Just seen the following on the boxing thread from one Atticus Finch, "Didn't see you on Monday Night's episode ? hope you will still feature in the future episodes.  You are the best thing about the show.  Glad to hear Emma is keeping her job, absolute diamond of a girl"

What its got to do with boxing Ill never know but he does raise a valid point reagrding Emma. She is the absolute star of this show. Even when she was staring redundancy in the face the kindness and companiship she showed for her clients was second to none. There is no doubt she wont last long in Coleraine tho and will surely be subject of a big money move before long if she hasnt been poached already.

The work she could do in Lurgan with those battling against the oul wine knows no barriers!

NAG1

Hold on a sec ML

What kind of work programme is she actually working too? Where is the value for money for the tax payer in what she is actually doing. So far I from what I have seen she takes these drunks to court and sorts out their fines. She makes appointments with them to call round to their 'Free' flats to say to them, try cutting back this week.

I dont doubt for a second that she is a decent girl and the best thing on the show but a country mile, but I for one dont see any value for money in the work she is carrying out.

Mickey Linden

So because they are dependents they dont deserve to be looked after? Did u not see the tragic events unfold on Monday night? Emma is a girl who is obviously very good at her job and goes over and beyond the call of duty. It is hard when watching the show not to become transfixed with her kind heart and good nature.
Too many people out there quick to judge

NAG1

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 16, 2012, 02:10:25 PM
So because they are dependents they dont deserve to be looked after? Did u not see the tragic events unfold on Monday night? Emma is a girl who is obviously very good at her job and goes over and beyond the call of duty. It is hard when watching the show not to become transfixed with her kind heart and good nature.

How do we know she is good at her job? What constitutes being good at her job, how is it measured?

My problem is that there is no incentive for them to do anything other than drink and be on DLA, why would they come off it and work when they are getting more that way.

Yes she comes across well, but I could meet one of those guys on the street and say 'hey Martin, why dont you cut down on the drink next week'. Does that make me good at her job?

nrico2006

Quote from: NAG1 on February 16, 2012, 02:03:56 PM
Hold on a sec ML

What kind of work programme is she actually working too? Where is the value for money for the tax payer in what she is actually doing. So far I from what I have seen she takes these drunks to court and sorts out their fines. She makes appointments with them to call round to their 'Free' flats to say to them, try cutting back this week.

I dont doubt for a second that she is a decent girl and the best thing on the show but a country mile, but I for one dont see any value for money in the work she is carrying out.

I posted something similar the other week.  Agree with everything you have said.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 16, 2012, 02:10:25 PM
[/quote ]Are you related to her?

haranguerer

Must be - shes got the handiest job I've ever seen!

Mickey Linden

Quote from: haranguerer on February 17, 2012, 08:49:06 AM
Must be - shes got the handiest job I've ever seen!

Yeah must be easy dealing with people who are at their lowest ebb. Having to constantly reassure people and hope they can make it through the day. What planet are u on?

I work in an office and at the end of the day I go home and forget all about it. Im sure Emma carries the weight of the world round on her shoulders with her caring nature even when she isnt working. People like this deserve all the credit in the world. Unlike in my job she is actually making a difference in the world.