Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: stephenite on September 01, 2013, 05:21:08 AM
I remember his cameo with the hurling club in Kildare, that your man never passed him the sliotar is one life's great tragedies, would love to have seen what happend

That whole Hurling bs only came about because the CCC didn't grant his transfer earlier. And as a result missed the first round of the Kidare club championship. He had lodged the transfer 6/7 months before the Hurling game.
McGeeney is as much to blame for the orginal transfer as anyone else

stephenite

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 01, 2013, 12:53:39 PM
Quote from: stephenite on September 01, 2013, 05:21:08 AM
I remember his cameo with the hurling club in Kildare, that your man never passed him the sliotar is one life's great tragedies, would love to have seen what happend

That whole Hurling bs only came about because the CCC didn't grant his transfer earlier. And as a result missed the first round of the Kidare club championship. He had lodged the transfer 6/7 months before the Hurling game.
McGeeney is as much to blame for the orginal transfer as anyone else

We all know the history, still would've been priceless to see what happened if he got the pass

Old yeller

I see the local paper in Cavan has a piece saying that Johnston could be back yet! Dont know how the players would react to it but maybe they wouldn't care as long as he helps them win games. I would like to see him back playing his best stuff for Cavan again. He got MOM forbthe county final this year, though I wouldnt have given it to him to be fair.

theticklemister

Quote from: Old yeller on January 14, 2015, 04:49:45 PM
I see the local paper in Cavan has a piece saying that Johnston could be back yet! Dont know how the players would react to it but maybe they wouldn't care as long as he helps them win games. I would like to see him back playing his best stuff for Cavan again. He got MOM forbthe county final this year, though I wouldnt have given it to him to be fair.

Hope he likes playing in defence as that's where all of Cavan's forwards are ago fat the minute

muppet

Quote from: theticklemister on January 14, 2015, 06:05:28 PM

Hope he likes playing in defence as that's where all of Cavan's forwards are ago fat the minute

I suppose we have to guess where the punctuation goes so I am going with this:

Hope he likes playing in defence as that's where? all of Cavan's forwards are ago fat the minute!
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Well I hope the Author of that piece wont mind if I disagree with a few things in it. First of all the only evidence of this come back is the fact that someone asked Hyland about a return after the match and Terry said he hadn't spoke to the player and the last he heard 6 weeks ago was Johnston needed an operation. Terry has never said Johnston was blacklisted and has said that even before his move to Kildare so there is nothing new in this. That is evidence No 1. Evidence No 2 is Johnston tweeted something about a Cavan match like -"need more scores from play". That's it!!

I also object to the suggestion in the piece that there is only a small hardcore of supporters against his return. The Anglo Celt itself ran a poll on the subject and it was 60% against or something like that. I also object to the idea that "Cavan fans are good fans when they are winning" - that's just a silly cliche in my opinion, and i don't care what former footballer said it. Cavan fans have had feck all to cheer about until recent times and coincidentally since Johnston was removed from the panel.

Sean Johnston was a very talented player and also a very disruptive influence, courting national media and moaning at his fellow players. It seems his ability as a player grows the less he plays!! In any case, he is not the player he was 5 years ago and I seriously doubt his attitude or ability to love himself has changed one bit. He has never showed any remorse for what he did. It would be suicide to let this guy into the panel and if it comes to pass then you won't see me or all the "hardcore" supporters like me watching Cavan again until he is gone.

Saying that I seriously doubt this will happen.

theticklemister

Quote from: muppet on January 14, 2015, 07:11:18 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 14, 2015, 06:05:28 PM

I suppose we have to guess where the punctuation goes so I am going with this:

Hope he likes playing in defence as that's where? all of Cavan's forwards are ago fat the minute!

Damn iPhone and its auto correct!!!!!!

Old yeller

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 14, 2015, 07:15:45 PM

Well I hope the Author of that piece wont mind if I disagree with a few things in it. First of all the only evidence of this come back is the fact that someone asked Hyland about a return after the match and Terry said he hadn't spoke to the player and the last he heard 6 weeks ago was Johnston needed an operation. Terry has never said Johnston was blacklisted and has said that even before his move to Kildare so there is nothing new in this. That is evidence No 1. Evidence No 2 is Johnston tweeted something about a Cavan match like -"need more scores from play". That's it!!

I also object to the suggestion in the piece that there is only a small hardcore of supporters against his return. The Anglo Celt itself ran a poll on the subject and it was 60% against or something like that. I also object to the idea that "Cavan fans are good fans when they are winning" - that's just a silly cliche in my opinion, and i don't care what former footballer said it. Cavan fans have had feck all to cheer about until recent times and coincidentally since Johnston was removed from the panel.

Sean Johnston was a very talented player and also a very disruptive influence, courting national media and moaning at his fellow players. It seems his ability as a player grows the less he plays!! In any case, he is not the player he was 5 years ago and I seriously doubt his attitude or ability to love himself has changed one bit. He has never showed any remorse for what he did. It would be suicide to let this guy into the panel and if it comes to pass then you won't see me or all the "hardcore" supporters like me watching Cavan again until he is gone.

I think the point he is making is that the climate has never been better for a possible return. He must've got a whiff of something. As regards the fans, Cavan fans are as fickle as any other. If he was back scoring every week it would all be forgotten

tommysmith

Quote from: Old yeller on January 14, 2015, 08:24:06 PM

I think the point he is making is that the climate has never been better for a possible return. He must've got a whiff of something. As regards the fans, Cavan fans are as fickle as any other. If he was back scoring every week it would all be forgotten

The same fellow was that stuck for quotes for the paper he started quoting what lads here were saying and then when piss was taken out of him here he lost run of himself a took a page out in a match program to slag us off.

Wouldnt read anything into it.

big balla

Well I for one hope he never plays for Cavan again. The free kick he took against us was too much

big balla

Quote from: tommysmith on January 14, 2015, 08:36:34 PM

The same fellow was that stuck for quotes for the paper he started quoting what lads here were saying and then when piss was taken out of him here he lost run of himself a took a page out in a match program to slag us off.

Get over yourself Tommy, papers quote social media and stuff every single day. I never understood why people got so excited about that.

cavanmaniac

Does Seanie play for Kildare? Does Seanie play for the Gaels? Does Seanie play for Cavan?

No. Seanie plays for Seanie and Seanie alone, end of. Wouldn't have him near the squad and I don't believe Hyland is that stupid, despite the diplomatic stuff he has no choice but say in the papers when he's asked.

tommysmith

Quote from: big balla on January 14, 2015, 09:02:40 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 14, 2015, 08:36:34 PM

Get over yourself Tommy, papers quote social media and stuff every single day. I never understood why people got so excited about that.

Yeah but his reaction was priceless !!!

Itchy

Seanie would be better to stay where he is, too much baggage.

Western Blue

I see Seanie has transferred again this time to Co.Cavan Golf Club...... seems to have won a lot of silverwear last year and also won the Golfer of the Year award. Could be signed up by Horizon to replace our Rory !