Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshore lad

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 18, 2012, 10:04:36 PM
Alot of hearsay about that letter being returned as him not living there.. if it was true or not i have no idea. it was a long time ago now. second week in Januray, i dont know what was going on then but he has been commuting up and down the last couple of months for his job in Cavan.

Would he be able to claim legitimate mileage given he is not officially a Kildare player  :P

heffo

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 18, 2012, 10:04:36 PM
Alot of hearsay about that letter being returned as him not living there.. if it was true or not i have no idea

It is true. I posted it here and three days later it was reported in the national press.

heffo

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 18, 2012, 09:48:28 PM
Say's alot about the CCCC that they couldn't say they weren't granting the transfer to his face, instead sending out a Registred letter in the post

All CCCC correspondance is sent by registered post.

Would you have someone drive to Straffan (or is it Cavan town) as he's special?

spuds

Ah poor Seanie, wonder what he feels now about his walk about around Croke park with the Kildare chaps !
Could he have played junior B championship for St Kevins to satisfy requirements ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

rodney trotter

Fair enough heffo, but they are going on a letter from Janurary. He had evidence since then. I'm deleting my account anyways off for oz next week, look forward to reading whatever happens to Johnston in the next few weeks! Good to get a break from the stuff on here too  ???

heffo

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 18, 2012, 11:31:51 PM
Fair enough heffo, but they are going on a letter from Janurary. He had evidence since then.

They're not going on evidence from January.

They know he's living in an apartment provided by a prominent member of the Kildare supporters club.

They know it's a contrived transfer and a marriage of convenience. It's very easy to produce toll receipts, utility bills etc - it doesn't change the fundamentals of the issue.

Him celebrating on the pitch after the Div 2 final was very poor judgement by him and McGeeney. It went down like a lead balloon in Croke Park.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 18, 2012, 11:31:51 PM
Fair enough heffo, but they are going on a letter from Janurary. He had evidence since then. I'm deleting my account anyways off for oz next week, look forward to reading whatever happens to Johnston in the next few weeks! Good to get a break from the stuff on here too  ???

Good boy! Don't forget to close the door behind you. Missing you already

Wildweasel74

Its a good job the forum wasnt round in the day when big Fahy and tompkins played  for Cork, they were 2 of the main players that took them to 4 all ireland finals, think of the abuse then, Kildare have lost players in the past to other counties, due to work!! think i remember brogan of mayo playing for donegal, des newton not line out for donegal for a while, and Declan darcy ended up with dublin, should Johnston play for kildare, don think so but if he moved within the rules it makes the gaa bad if they try to hinder it. One of the tyrone lad lined out for antrim  a few years ago to, Aidan Morris? Sean Doherty of dublin fame was a wicklow man, its not the first time this has happened though it is a big profile case, kildare are close to an all Ireland and johnston may be the different, McGeeney knows this and want him on the panel. Vinnie Murphy was close to playing for kerry only their pride stopped them picking a dub!!

Stevie g 8

Croke park are opening up a can worms by trying to make an example of this case.if all the evidence given is correct and meets the criteria then why not grant it.there is gonna be a court case sometime soon which will allow players to switch to club or county at will,like the bosman ruling in soccer years back.the GAA thinks it has a hold on a player and can dictate which team they have to play for even if they decide to transfer to a club or county where they now live

LilySavage

Shower of old men. Couldnt tie their laces without f**king it up. (CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC)

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: LilySavage on May 19, 2012, 06:27:54 AM
Shower of old men. Couldnt tie their laces without f**king it up. (CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC)

How about you try winning something with your own players! That'd be a novel concept for Kildare after your liberal acquisition of players the last time you managed to win something - odwyer, Lacey  Murphy etc etc.

INDIANA

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 19, 2012, 01:26:13 AM
Its a good job the forum wasnt round in the day when big Fahy and tompkins played  for Cork, they were 2 of the main players that took them to 4 all ireland finals, think of the abuse then, Kildare have lost players in the past to other counties, due to work!! think i remember brogan of mayo playing for donegal, des newton not line out for donegal for a while, and Declan darcy ended up with dublin, should Johnston play for kildare, don think so but if he moved within the rules it makes the gaa bad if they try to hinder it. One of the tyrone lad lined out for antrim  a few years ago to, Aidan Morris? Sean Doherty of dublin fame was a wicklow man, its not the first time this has happened though it is a big profile case, kildare are close to an all Ireland and johnston may be the different, McGeeney knows this and want him on the panel. Vinnie Murphy was close to playing for kerry only their pride stopped them picking a dub!!

I couldnt care less if he transfers personally but it sets a dangerous precedent for the GAA if it allows someone to largely instigate a transfer based on exceptionally tenuous evidence that he moved county for work and residence purposes.

He wont land Kildare an all-ireland. That I'd be fairly confident in saying. He's a good player but he's no better then the O Flaherty's or James Kavanagh. But Kildare are creating a PR disaster for themselves in a year where some of their young players are making a name for themselves. This sends an appalling message out to them.

haranguerer

Quote from: INDIANA on May 19, 2012, 11:32:41 AM

I couldnt care less if he transfers personally but it sets a dangerous precedent for the GAA if it allows someone to largely instigate a transfer based on exceptionally tenuous evidence that he moved county for work and residence purposes.

Surely not as dangerous a precedent as not following your own rules?!

I just dont see how it was refused. Does anyone know the actual reasons given, and the evidence they had for these? Or do they have autonomy to make any decision they choose?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: haranguerer on May 19, 2012, 11:43:48 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 19, 2012, 11:32:41 AM

Surely not as dangerous a precedent as not following your own rules?!

I just dont see how it was refused. Does anyone know the actual reasons given, and the evidence they had for these? Or do they have autonomy to make any decision they choose?

Can you explain what rules they did not follow. They cited two rules they felt were not satisfied didn't they. The only problem is here that some people don't like the rules and actively support a player who is trying to falsify a transfer. If you don't like the rules you can go to your club and propose a motion to alter them.

haranguerer

I've a feeling this will be futile, but anyway...

Which two rules did they cite? That one someone posted about ethos was a pisstake surely? In regard to the residency, he fulfilled it - have they proved he doesnt live there?

SJ fulfils all the requirements for a transfer. If they feel there is a problem with the way he has fulfilled those requirements, then its up to them to consult and if necessary, make changes to the rules in the future. But they cant legitimately reject a transfer which meets the requirements.

I've no idea what that is you're on about people not liking the rules etc etc. They've been fulfilled, so you must be referring to yourself and the CCC?