Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

As duffleking says, no matter whether for or against the transfer, this is an incredible way for any organisation to run their affairs. The fact that many are against it and will be be pleased with the result shouldnt detract from the fact that its a disgrace, and exposes what a joke the GAA often is.

What price a draw in the Kevins Leixlip match btw?  :D That'd really f**k them up, I'd say the ref could be under orders there...!

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on May 17, 2012, 08:32:51 AM
this is an incredible way for any organisation to run their affairs. The fact that many are against it and will be be pleased with the result shouldnt detract from the fact that its a disgrace, and exposes what a joke the GAA often is.

Transfer submitted, exposed as a fraud, transfer rejected in a timely fashion. Nothing to see here.

Transfer resubmitted, all his 'housemates' get their story straight, CCCC don't discuss it early enough to suit a contrived transfer. Still nothing to see here as far as I'm concerned.

spuds

Quote from: heffo on May 17, 2012, 08:44:24 AM
this is an incredible way for any organisation to run their affairs. The fact that many are against it and will be be pleased with the result shouldnt detract from the fact that its a disgrace, and exposes what a joke the GAA often is.

Transfer submitted, exposed as a fraud, transfer rejected in a timely fashion. Nothing to see here.

Transfer resubmitted, all his 'housemates' get their story straight, CCCC don't discuss it early enough to suit a contrived transfer. Still nothing to see here as far as I'm concerned.
Agree wholeheartedly. Few posters here think the organisation is here for wee Seanie to bend the rules.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

rrhf

As duffleking says, no matter whether for or against the transfer, this is an incredible way for any organisation to run their affairs. The fact that many are against it and will be be pleased with the result shouldnt detract from the fact that its a disgrace, and exposes what a joke the GAA often is.

What price a draw in the Kevins Leixlip match btw?  :D That'd really f**k them up, I'd say the ref could be under orders there...!
Mightnt be the most perfect policing of the situation or as perfect as you could have done, but if guys act outside the ethos of the GAA, or try to manipulate the good faith of the organisation, I couldnt give one toss what you think this is great news, everyone with a modicum of intelligence has a fair idea on what is happening here, it may have happened before but this has been brazenly anti GAA.  Today it appears to be about a fella not making his own county set up and taking the hump, but how long before we see the first Tevez type trying this crap ie "incentivised" transfers.  Kildare County Team set up and Mc Geeney in particular deserve your double barrells.  Wasnt Mc Geeney a pretty high profile GPA member, I wonder would they get involved in something like this, and why dont they nail their colours to the mast.  Theres as many as 6 full timers in an office in Croke Park running the GPA.  What is their view on this?   

DuffleKing

If sj is bending the rules why don't our cccc have the balls to trust their own system?

I couldn't care less about sj but I could care little more that the committee tasked with handling the discipline & organization of the games in my name have no integrity. Its one thing a particular player behaving like a mercenary or low down dirty scoundrel but its another for the cccc- under the direction I presume of liam O'Neill- to be no better than that.

heffo

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 17, 2012, 09:49:25 AM

If sj is bending the rules why don't our cccc have the balls to trust their own system?

They did trust their own system - they adjudicated on the application and rejected it.

DuffleKing

That's a nice comfort blanket to cling to but the reality is we wouldn't have this charade if sj hadn't learned something from that first application which has obviously made this second one uncomfortable for croke park. Its plainly a seperate application

Jinxy

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 17, 2012, 12:38:49 AM
IF that is the end of the transfer then it's a disgraceful way to end it. He has provided all the information needed that he was asked to provide. For or Against Seanie Johnston in the transfer, he was being messed out. They will probaly grant it Monday now when its too late. ::)

Sometimes, in order to do good it is necessary to do some small evil.
This was a necessary 'small' evil in my view.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 17, 2012, 10:14:36 AM
Its plainly a seperate application

The only difference this time around is that everyone on the Kildare side got their story straight and it was assisted by a fake lease courtesy of the Kildare supporters club.

LeoMc

There is a lot of talk of sneaky tactics here but is there any word on why the meeting was postponed?

IF SJ wants his transfer and has his paperwork in order then let him go and play club football in Kildare. He can put in the effort with his new club to make their championship team for next year instead of parachuting in at the last minute and depriving some lad from Straffen the chance to play this weekend.

AZOffaly

I have to say I'm on the side of the Johnstonites on this one. I think the transfer is wrong, and an affront to what the ethos of the GAA is. I think that certain people in Kildare need to look at themselves, and my gut feel is that it's a sham arrangement designed to tick the boxes.

*However*, all that being said, if Johnston and Kildare have adhered to the applicable rules, and if he can show that he actually does live in Kildare now and that he is transferring club as well as county, then the transfer should be allowed through.

If he meets the rules you have no other choice. If the rules are not strong enough, then change the rules to stop it happening again.

This appears like a cop out. "The meeting won't happen until after the first game, sorry about that." Was the meeting originally fixed for this week?

I'm glad that what appears to be a mercenary transfer won't happen, but I think the GAA are totally wrong in how it has finished up.

DuffleKing

If you say so heffo but how are we to know that?

County boards up and down the country who are already quangoesque in their behaviour have just been given license from the top to do as they please. We're already a big enough shambles in those areas

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: LeoMc on May 17, 2012, 10:25:14 AM
IF SJ wants his transfer and has his paperwork in order then let him go and play club football in Kildare. He can put in the effort with his new club to make their championship team for next year instead of parachuting in at the last minute and depriving some lad from Straffen the chance to play this weekend.

He's not wanting to transfer to Straffan, St Kevins are a 20 min drive away from Straffan! He wanted initially to remain a Cavan Gaels player and declare for Kildare at the same time. When that was shot down this convenient move to St Kevins (same club as Niall Carew) emerged.

If the transfer goes ahead after the Kevins/Leixlip match in Clane on Saturday he can play away for the remainder of the county league and championship but he cannot play for Kildare this summer because he won't have played in the Kildare club championship. The second round of the county championship in Kildare won't be played until after the county team's campaign is over.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

haranguerer

It'd be great, and I'd vastly prefer it, if the whole affair had never happened, and if Johnson was playing with Cavan this weekend. But it has happened, and its just a joke that an organisation the size of the GAA has to resort to tactics like this because they've realised they dont actually know what to f**k they're doing.

And all that talk about ethos is bollocks, so please either desist or explain how it tallies with countless other players who are allowed to transfer, and players from stronger hurling counties being actually encouraged to transfer!! It would actually be a good ethos, but the fact of the matter is, it isnt one! The whole things a balls, but this latest episode starts to comfirm suspicions that the whole organisation is a balls.

rodney trotter

You would imagine Kildare County board would pressure Leixlip into changing the game to another date to accommodate the transfer. Obviously Leixlip would hardly agree to that as it would be of no benefit to them but its not just St Kevins Johnston wants to play for. If leixlip were happy with Johnston playing with Kildare they could possibly change it, highly unlikely at this stage though since the game is Saturday.