Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Who was over the u-21's when they got to the all-ireland final?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on January 19, 2012, 07:50:40 PM
Who was over the u-21's when they got to the all-ireland final?

Terry Hyland

imtommygunn

Heffo I don't think Johnston is right here by the way. I just wonder why when you're unsuccessful with a manager do you go back to him - it doesn't make any sense. Now I'm sure there are reasons and all that but even still.

There are ways to react to being dropped as you point out. It looks like he's going the wrong way but from the outside I thought his work rate always looked pretty good. IMO Cavan football needs him. I'm not well enough versed on the subject to really know the full ins and outs though.

TheThirdManning

Time all this nonsense was put to bed. Been dragging on for far too long. 

Is anyone in Cavan talking about this publicly or is it all hushed rumours?

Haven't seen anyone in the papers come out and support Johnston. And why Andrews hasn't just said why he is dropped is beyond me.

One big mess. 

Westside

So Andrews makes changes and the players are responsible for the victory. Andrews doesn't make changes and Andrews is responsible for defeat. Your bias and refusal to hear a good word said about Andrews or a bad word said about Johnston is staggering Richie..

anglocelt39

Quote from: Richiej on January 19, 2012, 07:26:59 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on January 19, 2012, 07:09:07 PM
Johnston had played under crap managers like Keogan, Carr and here he was again playing under another crap one

Ah yes Ritchie, consistency from one Forum to the other, sure it's always the management, eh. not to mention your outher hobby horse, the County Board.

we will leave the CB for another day lol..

Don't bother Richie you've posted enough nonsense on that topic over on Hogan Stand to last us all a lifetime. One question you might be able to answer mind, I'm delighted that 4 Gaels lads togged out last night and made a big contribution, any idea of the last time four  of the club represented the County in a competitive senior fixture?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

heffo

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2012, 08:19:21 PM
Heffo I don't think Johnston is right here by the way. I just wonder why when you're unsuccessful with a manager do you go back to him - it doesn't make any sense. Now I'm sure there are reasons and all that but even still.

There are ways to react to being dropped as you point out. It looks like he's going the wrong way but from the outside I thought his work rate always looked pretty good. IMO Cavan football needs him. I'm not well enough versed on the subject to really know the full ins and outs though.

Seriously though, who will take the job after Andrews? Genuinely like..

Every manager seems to be ran out of the place every couple of years as know-nothing spoofers, is Mickey Harte or Jack O'Connor going to replace Andrews?

imtommygunn

Who takes cavan gaels? They're, relatively, successful.

LeoMc

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 08:59:56 PM
But if this top class player had the dregs from Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh etc then that team would be stronger and the team would have a chance to succeed... As there is no money involved the same problems as professional sport would not be exactly the same imo

And you don't think that would become a factor if players had complete freedom of movement, transferring clubs and Counties to where free houses or jobs could be provided?

Denn Forever

QuoteI just wonder why when you're unsuccessful with a manager do you go back to him - it doesn't make any sense. Now I'm sure there are reasons and all that but even still.

Wasn't it player power that got rid of Andrews the last time? Then Austin.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Richie - Kerrigan only had one term. Andrews left due to a defeated no confidence motion. Coleman was after Andrews then mcilhennon then keoghan and Carr. Austin was after mchugh and outed by the players. Sorry state the whole thing.

ONeill

As a matter of interest, have their been many inter-county footballers who have changed county allegience in the last 20 years (having played for both counties)? Antrim have a few although some hadn't played for their home county at senior level. Padden etc.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2012, 11:38:28 PM
As a matter of interest, have their been many inter-county footballers who have changed county allegience in the last 20 years (having played for both counties)? Antrim have a few although some hadn't played for their home county at senior level. Padden etc.

Kildare have a record that Harry Redknapp would be proud of:

Karl O'Dwyer (Kerry/Kildare)
Brian Lacey (Tipp/Kildare)
Brian Murphy (Cork/Kildare)
Cathal Sheridan (Meath/Kildare)
Garvan Ware (Carlow/Kildare)
John Divilly (Galway/Kildare)

Seámus Moynihan's older brother (Dónal?) also played for Leixlip & Kildare in the late 80s.

Larry Tompkins (Kildare/Cork)
Shay Fahy (Kildare/Cork)
Declan Brennan (Kildare/Derry)
Niall Browne (Kildare/Clare)

Jacko's son Aidan who was on the fringes of the Kerry team a while back played underage for Leixlip. Think he might have featured on a Kildare underage team at some stage.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Richiej on January 20, 2012, 12:42:55 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 20, 2012, 12:22:54 AM
Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2012, 11:38:28 PM

Kildare have a record that Harry Redknapp would be proud of:

Karl O'Dwyer (Kerry/Kildare)
Brian Lacey (Tipp/Kildare)
Brian Murphy (Cork/Kildare)
Cathal Sheridan (Meath/Kildare)
Garvan Ware (Carlow/Kildare)
John Divilly (Galway/Kildare)

Seámus Moynihan's older brother (Dónal?) also played for Leixlip & Kildare in the late 80s.

Larry Tompkins (Kildare/Cork)
Shay Fahy (Kildare/Cork)
Declan Brennan (Kildare/Derry)
Niall Browne (Kildare/Clare)

Jacko's son Aidan who was on the fringes of the Kerry team a while back played underage for Leixlip. Think he might have featured on a Kildare underage team at some stage.

Dermot Earley Snr (Roscommon/Kildare)

Never played for Kildare only managed us. David, Dermot jnr and Noelle have all represented Kildare.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?