Concrete

Started by LostInSpace, January 11, 2012, 11:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInSpace

Anyone know how much conrete is per square metre? I would be looking to concrete the lane and round the house.

I realise its probably priced in m3, so the total area is 901square meter, dont know what this would equate to in m3 of concrete.

the waffler

the concrete company will work it out for you will also depend on then depth aswell

HiMucker

Ready mixed concrete well cost you about £70-£80 a cubic metre.  You will get it a bit less if you know someone that has an account with a building supplier.  I have know idea what your lane and that is like regarding topography with pot holes etc but saying you need 2inches coverage which is 50mm then you would need 901sqm x 0.050 = 45 cubic metres.  You may need more or less depending.  I hope i have worked that out right for ye   :-\

ludermor

Id say you would be lucky to get it for less than 90/m3 if you dont have an account.
You would need to allow for 100mm thick and for a layer of mesh otherwise the concrete would break up all over the place.

LostInSpace

Cheers for replys lads, thats sort of info I was after!!

Up The Middle

Any ideas on anyone who carries out this type of work, i have a lane that needs concrete badly. Anybody in round Derry/Tyrone?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Hashtag

What would be the price of tar per cubic metre.

the waffler

up the middle i can get u a number for a guy froound cookstown i think ,does a good job pm me