Realistic Hopes for Your County 2012

Started by Orangemac, January 01, 2012, 09:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

To develop at least 3/4 new players during the League.
To make a decent showing at minor/U-21 level after last year's shambles.
To win the AI Senior.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Fuzzman

Amazing how few Tyrone posters on this thread or is it? I'd say there could be a lot of soul searching this year and we'll see how players like the two Cavanaghs can stand up and be counted. Will those like red Sean now become regulars and what role will Mugsy have now. I fear I see our shortest season for years on the horizon. I've been wrong before.

ardal

For Armagh.

An ish league campaign, staying up by the skin or our teeth would be worst than going down.

Get back the belief for the AI; out of defeat comes........

Think we'll be happy with the quarters, so let's get to the semis for a upset

andoireabu

Bit of experimenting for McKenna Cup
Promotion in league
Ulster Final and hopefully win it
Still playing football near the end of August
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

moysider

Considering the brutality of the purge we endured 07-10 last year was a success. The AI semi was a bit of a downer but you can t come from that low base to beating the masters in 13 months. Especially after beating their nemisis in the way way we did. So anything but the summit or last basecamp this year will be a disappointment. I m talking about the championship. Don t care about the league as long as we stay up - which we will. No need to win it or anything. That would only bring out the gobshite fans earlier than usual.

Big Puff

AZOffaly

Football

Challenge for promotion to Division 2.

Beat Kildare.

Dinny Breen

To ensure that the natural order in Leinster is not restored.

For McGeeney to find a decent barber...
#newbridgeornowhere

Westside

I hope David Givney gets rid of the yellow gloves, untucks his collar, rolls down his sleeves and starts playing like the hardy farmer he should be.

I hope Ray Galligan saves his annual 10 point haul for the Championship.

I hope Eugene Keating starts to play in more than 10 minute patches.

I hope that Johnston regains form, requests a return, and scores 1-8 off Karl Lacey.

Rossfan

Quote from: ross matt on January 02, 2012, 08:39:27 PM
For Roscommon I hope it will be a smooth transition for the new management. I'd like to see Newton make them a little more defensive up the middle without blunting the like of Shine and Kilbride in attack. If David O'Gara can return to centre forward himself.. Cregg and the big two inside would make for a serious attack. League promotion.... a Connacht title or a back door run to the last 8 has to be serious targets now. The panel are young but they've alot of experience. The progress at underage since 2006 must continue.

A smooth transition will be vital .
Any problems with the transition plus the non availability of the St Brigids lads could see us back in Div 4 right away.
We definitely need a stronger defence whether this will be achieved with new personnel or simply better organisation of the existing lads......
With the 4 forwards mentioned above we have to hope that we will be adopting an "attack is best form of defence" strategy and avoid the negative fear driven tactics that are be all the rage nowadays.
A promotion challenge from div 3 , a win over Galway and see where we go from there , a Connacht minor or U21 title  - that would be my wish for 2012.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AQMP

Promotion back to Div 2.

We've Monaghan in the Championship and we're on the "easier" side of the draw.  Realistic to hope for an Ulster final??  Probably not, maybe pull a big performance out of the air in the qualifiers and roll over one of the big guns.

Edit:  Unearth a couple of handy half forwards.

lynchbhoy

promotion to Div 1
Win Ulster title
Flop badly in Croke park next day out.

donegal_abu

Try out the new boys in the McKenna cup 

Do well in the league, would love to win it but don't expect to tbh. To finish in the top 2/3 would be great though

Win Ulster again. it'll be tough though! We have the bad side of the draw, we couldnt have gotten a tougher path to the final. And we're in the preliminary round AGAIN  :'( But still I think we can do it! If we get as far as the final, i should hope we would win it, Its just getting there that is the problem

Still be playing come end of August/ September (september preferbaly ;) )

Introduce a more attacking game this year. If Michael Murphy isn't played forward I will scream  :o Its vital that he is let play up forward next year, whatever about the rest, him & mcFadden have to left forward for ALL games!!!! I hope you realise that Jim :D

Applesisapples

Quote from: ONeill on January 01, 2012, 09:44:06 PM
This is a watershed year for Tyrone. Heading into the SFC without Jordan, McGuigan, McGinley, Dooher, Gourley and God knows who else offers an unpredictability.
Tyrone are now where Armagh found themselves in 07/08. Although on the face of it they should have beter underage talent coming through. This is make or break for O'Rourke and Grimley with Armagh and anything short of an extended run in the Championship via either door should be unacceptable. Tyrone won't be far away but give them a couple of years to rebuild. Armagh will not survive Division 1 without Cross input and a lot of luck, the McKenna Cup Squad is backboned by a lot of the same players who get dumped come championship when Cross weigh in.

Maguire01

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 03, 2012, 12:46:23 PMArmagh will not survive Division 1 without Cross input and a lot of luck
I think you used up your quota to stay in Div 1 last year!