Realistic Hopes for Your County 2012

Started by Orangemac, January 01, 2012, 09:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

2012 season is about to start. What do posters think their county can achieve this year?

The Ulster championship is wide open this year (although you would still have Tyrone as favourites) with 6 teams having a relaistic chance of winning it. I don't think player for player Donegal are better than Armagh but they have a game plan and a system that every player has bought in to.

Armagh should be aiming to stay in Div 1 and ambush Tyrone come the Ulster championship. It would be good to see a few younger players like Morgan,Grugan and McParland given a run of games as well.

In terms of Sam you would say there are 3 teams (maybe 4 if Tyrone can turn things around) in contention.

ONeill

This is a watershed year for Tyrone. Heading into the SFC without Jordan, McGuigan, McGinley, Dooher, Gourley and God knows who else offers an unpredictability.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Realistically, I would like the Mayo Senior team to solve the Eurozone Financial Crisis while managing to reduce the budget deficit, without raising taxes or cutting jobs, while fully regaining our sovereignty and prosperity.

Stretching it a bit, I want them to win Sam playing with 6 proper forwards, two high fielding midfielders, 6 non-fouling backs and a keeper who just keeps clean sheets.
MWWSI 2017

Onlooker

Tipperary Senior Footballers to get promoted to Div. 2 of the NFL and win a couple of rounds in the Qualifiers.  The Minors to get back to Croke Park and if they do, their experience of big days there would be a big plus.

mountainboii

Sixth place in Division 1. Verging on the unrealistic given the forwards we will be missing.

Without any bona fide heavyweights in the province at present, an Ulster title should be a target. Probably also verging on the unrealistic given that we haven't been able to stick three solid championship displays together in several years.

Would be nice to see a handful of promising new players blending into the side. Would also be nice to see the team sent out with a consistent idea of where it's going, which certainly shouldn't be an unrealistic hope of a team who's manager is entering the third year of his reign.

U21 All Ireland.

thejuice

We should have a good run in the O'Byrne/Bihatimber.

I reckon we'll stay in Div 2 in the league.

A Leinster final would be a big achievement for us. But I expect a QTR or Semi final exit in Leinster and I guess we can get to the last round of the second chance saloon. Anything beyond that is beyond what anyone is expecting.

I don't know off any major additions to the squad but David Bray returning is good. We'll have a few missing from the league but that opens up a few places for new blood.

Banty is promising an improvement and I wish him all the best.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Captain Obvious

Stayed up last year without the Crossmaglen players no reason why we can't do the same this year.

Capable of winning senior Ulster although U21s is our realistic hope for All Ireland in 2012.

BennyCake

Sorry to be pessimistic, but I can't see us staying in Div 1. Who are we going to take points off? Realistically maybe Down or Mayo at home.

As for the championship, we might gel like v Down last year, and beat Tyrone. That would be as good as it will get though. Unless we get it very handy in the qualifiers, we could maybe make the quarter finals. Doubt it though.

The Cross players are missing, as is Stevie. Who is going to do the scoring? I've absolutely no faith in Paddy O'Rourke. It will be another forgettable year in Armagh, I reckon.

Shamrock Shore

1. Mid table Div 3
2. Eh - Bihatimber run
3. A bit of craic in the Qualifiers. Beating top 10 county in Pearse Park perhaps

ross4life

Less injuries

To beat Mayo in Ballinlough in a few weeks

Promotion will be difficult in division 3 this year without the two Kilbride's Mannion & Domican but we should give it our best shot.

In the senior championsip it's time to put up or shut up, it's 1990 since our last win v Galway in Hyde park time to set the record straight & if we beat Galway where good enough to win Connacht. If not a decent run in the qualifiers would be nice (like 2003)

Another Connacht title at either U21 or Minor has to be our target!

Anything else will be a bonus.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

5 Sams

Find a full back, move Dan out into the middle, get Ambrose fit...reach an Ulster Final...Collingwood go bankrupt and release all their players .....apart from that .....watch this space....Dóchas
The Aristocrat Years

Etienne Lantier

Gold

Reach McKenna cup knock out stage

An immediate return to Div 2

Ulster Final

#saffronarmy
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Donnellys Hollow

Bit of luck with injuries.

Few refereeing decisions to go our way.

Some of the youngsters to make the breakthrough.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Sam2011

1) Stop the slow starts
2) Figure out what to do with Aidan O'Shea
3) Sort out Freeman and Doherty
4) Win FBD League
5) Retain Division 1 status
6) Win Connacht
7) Get to the latter stages of the championship
I still think we are another year or two off Kerry, Cork and Dublin. On our day we have shown we can beat the best we just need to BELIEVE!

Best of luck in 2012 lads, I'll be supporting ye all the way!!!!!