Rory MacIlroy - Member of the order of the British Empire.

Started by Trout, December 31, 2011, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Orior on December 31, 2011, 07:38:48 PM
McIlroy has sold his soul to the Queen of England, for why? a medal?

Maybe it will impress his girlfriend.

Wouldn't she be jealous?
MWWSI 2017

MW

Quote from: Orior on December 31, 2011, 07:38:48 PM
OBE - Other bugger's effort
MBE - My bloody effort

McIlroy has sold his soul to the Queen of England, for why? a medal?

Maybe it will impress his girlfriend.

Can you explain exactly how you think McIlroy has "sold his soul"?

Citizen honoured in New Year's Honours list. Can't see where any soul-selling might come in there.

armaghniac

I agree. MacIlroy didn't sell this soul in this occassion, that happened some time ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Minder

Was he once a GAA loving, Irish speaking chap that suddenly changed, or did i miss something in the "sell out" phase?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maguire01

Quote from: Minder on January 01, 2012, 01:45:56 PM
Was he once a GAA loving, Irish speaking chap that suddenly changed, or did i miss something in the "sell out" phase?
That's exactly what i'm wondering. What did he 'sell out' from?

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 01, 2012, 01:56:02 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 01, 2012, 01:45:56 PM
That's exactly what i'm wondering. What did he 'sell out' from?

His Communist roots.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

If Rory wants to collect his MBE, then so be it. It's not for me to tell him he shouldn't and it's not for anyone to tell him what he is or isn't.

If I ever get mentioned in the Honor's List, I'd do a David Bowie ;)
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

From the Bunker

INDIANA

Quote from: armaghniac on January 01, 2012, 01:15:03 PM
I agree. MacIlroy didn't sell this soul in this occassion, that happened some time ago.

True especially when he claims to be British and not Irish. Couldnt really understand the celebrations from Irish people on his major win and all that.

playwiththewind1st

Maguire01

Quote from: Take Your Points on January 01, 2012, 02:58:14 PM

In the world that Rory inhabits, this award is no sell out it is considered to be a highlight of his career. 

In our "shared future" it is a test for others to accept that this s a reality for Rory and no attempt to insult others.  The acceptance of diversity is the first test for us all and acceptance of the equality of existence of diverse views, ideas and beliefs is the second test.  Pass both and we are on our way to a shared future.
Well said.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Take Your Points on January 01, 2012, 02:58:14 PM

In the world that Rory inhabits, this award is no sell out it is considered to be a highlight of his career. 

In our "shared future" it is a test for others to accept that this s a reality for Rory and no attempt to insult others.  The acceptance of diversity is the first test for us all and acceptance of the equality of existence of diverse views, ideas and beliefs is the second test.  Pass both and we are on our way to a shared future.
Well i agree but in my diverse view he is a twat.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Agent Orange

I am all in favour of a shared future, but it seems that sharing is a one way street in NI.

I think the term "Castle Catholic" is best used to describe the likes or Rory.

armaghniac

Then British Empire is an evil concept and a person of moral principle would not wish to be associated with it, especially a person from a place at the receiving end of the Imperial project. Anyone should thinks there is something wrong with saying that should examine their own 'principles'.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B