Rory MacIlroy - Member of the order of the British Empire.

Started by Trout, December 31, 2011, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

I don't think many will damn him for accepting it. Would get pilloried for not accepting it though.

The Worker

Rossfan

He should feel a right tool getting made a member of something that doesnt exist  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tony Baloney

Tony Baloney

It seems from that list above the people are being honoured simply for doing their job. Many of which are no doubt well paid.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

haranguerer

This was first item on the today fm news for most of this morning. What in gods name is that about? I think its grand for mcilroy and clarke to be happy to be honoured in this way for what its worth,but what to f**k is it the first item on an Irish broadcasters news bulletin for???! Talk about west brits...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 31, 2011, 12:37:32 PM
Trout has resurfaced after having to delete his last disgraceful thread. I expect you are hoping this one will go to pot as well.

Indeed, he must have been stuck for other poor misfortunates to pour his slimy and snivelling scorn on. Lowlife.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

fitzroyalty

Quote from: haranguerer on December 31, 2011, 03:56:23 PM
This was first item on the today fm news for most of this morning. What in gods name is that about? I think its grand for mcilroy and clarke to be happy to be honoured in this way for what its worth,but what to f**k is it the first item on an Irish broadcasters news bulletin for???! Talk about west brits...
Golf is organised on an all-island basis with two (Northern) Irish golfers being honoured. Hardly west brits! Maybe it is you that is the partitionist!

muppet

When Seamus Heaney got his Nobel prize were we all West Norwegians?
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

There's hardly an abundance of news this week, is there?

Tubberman

That's some amount to get the award in one year just from NI  :o

Kinda dilutes the significance (if you ever thought it was significant) when they give them out to all and sundry, does it not?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Maguire01

Quote from: Tubberman on December 31, 2011, 05:20:16 PM
That's some amount to get the award in one year just from NI  :o

Kinda dilutes the significance (if you ever thought it was significant) when they give them out to all and sundry, does it not?
Sure there are 2 files on the BBC page listing all honours - one is 51 pages long, the other 24.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 31, 2011, 04:58:33 PM
There's hardly an abundance of news this week, is there?

Check out who owns today fm and all will be revealed.

Orior

OBE - Other bugger's effort
MBE - My bloody effort

McIlroy has sold his soul to the Queen of England, for why? a medal?

Maybe it will impress his girlfriend.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians