Goal Keeper gets Red Card defending himself

Started by DrinkingHarp, December 22, 2011, 04:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Must have been an Ulster Council official sent him off.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Obviously sticking the boot in twice at full force into the pitch invader as he lay prostrate on the ground, doesn't resonate with some peoples perception of ugly cowardly violence.
The ref was quite correct to send off the goalie, a ref can tell the difference between violence used to defend oneself and the goalkeepers extra footwork.

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on December 22, 2011, 09:23:19 AM
Obviously sticking the boot in twice at full force into the pitch invader as he lay prostrate on the ground, doesn't resonate with some peoples perception of ugly cowardly violence.
The ref was quite correct to send off the goalie, a ref can tell the difference between violence used to defend oneself and the goalkeepers extra footwork.

Fair play Main Street I looked at it and thought that the keeper has gone after him there. Whatever about defending himself which he did in the first instance the man was lying on the ground then and got kicked twice after that. Red Card!

saffron sam2

Referee was correct to send the keeper off for violent conduct. Rules don't state that violent conduct should be directed at an opponent.

There are similar stories.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364156/Footballer-rugby-tackled-streaker-stunned-sent-violent-disorder.html
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

thewobbler

Haha Main Street you're a liberal lefty twit.

A man was deranged enough to run onto a football pitch and attack a player with a flying kick. That player's human instinct for survival kicked in; he put the assailant down. He then has a nanosecond to decide to either a) let this crazy bastard get up and have another go at me, or b) keep him where he is. Again, human instinct for survival kicked in. This is not an offence, it's a reaction.

Only one person deserves punishment for what happened there last night.

Billys Boots

If a player did that to the keeper would he have been justified in retaliating thus, and would the referee then have sent off only the attacker?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

BennyHarp

That nut job could have had a knife or anything when he came running at that keeper - he did what he had to do to ensure his safety.
That was never a square ball!!

Doogie Browser

Fair fcuks to the keeper, the fan should have known they are all crazy hoors anyway!

Bingo

Its lucky the attacker wasn't black/coloured/african-american/african-caribeen, the keeper would be for the plank with John Terry and Luis Suarez  ;)

brokencrossbar1

The keepers reaction was natural but the referee had no choice either.  If another player made a cantona esque flying kick at him and missed the way your man did and fell on the ground and the keeper then drove the boot into him twice then both deserve the line.  Ajax though as a club should be the ones who really get punished here.

David McKeown

Saw this yesterday, for me the following should happen:

Keeper should be suspended for violent conduct
The keeper should face criminal charges
The fan should be banned for life
The fan should face criminal charges
Alkmar should be deducted points for withdrawing their team from the field of play
The Alkmar manager should be suspended
Ajax should be fined and/or forced to play matches behind closed doors
The match should be declared a 3-0 win for Ajax
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

orangeman

The spectator was made to look like some a real dung bag.

Hardy

Nothing is ever a complete waste of time. I've just learned the Dutch for "what an idiot". (3:43)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgElEE_4uW0