Leinster club final

Started by Jinxy, December 18, 2011, 02:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

A HERO IS BORN

GARRYCASTLE A BARNSTORMER IN THE END

LAST MINUTE FREE, I THINK THE REF GOT IT RIGHT, STUPID STUPID FOUL AND ITS FROM WHERE THE BALL LANDS

Milltown Row2

I'd say they will struggle from this point, Great for them to win it, just don't see them putting up to the other st Brigids.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Canalman

Didn't see game. Heartiest congrats to Garrycastle.

Disappointed for St Brigids................ always have had a soft spot for them. Played them many a time and imo they as a club always conducted themselves well.

shark

Well done to Garrycastle. 6th Leinster campaign so they deserve it at this stage. Big day for Westmeath football too.

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2011, 03:21:57 PM
I'd say they will struggle from this point, Great for them to win it, just don't see them putting up to the other st Brigids.

All form will be out the window in as huge a local derby as the semi-final, but Brigid's have the experience at this level to be able to eek out a place in the final.

shark

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2011, 03:21:57 PM

Have to disagree and I don't think Brigids would think that. It's a week to Christmas, don't judge Garrycastle on today. A seasoned team who know how to win.

blast05

Unless you live in Athlone you don't know what Bridgids v Garrycastle means. Cousins on opposite sides, same secondary schools, a manager that has managed both, even the G'castle sponsors business is in the Bridgids catchment area. It'll be a 50:50 game.
As a Mayo man, I thought I was watching a repeat of the 1996 drawn All-Ireland final - thankfully this one had a happy finish !

Jinxy

Where will the semi-final be played, Portlaoise?
I'd imagine it'll draw a big crowd.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on December 18, 2011, 03:36:47 PM
Where will the semi-final be played, Portlaoise?
I'd imagine it'll draw a big crowd.

A game between two Athlone teams in Portlaoise? Tullamore and Longford are the obvious neutral grounds.

Jinxy

So Brigids are from Athlone as well.
Is Roscommon some sort of gaelic football twilight zone?

blast05

Jinxy, Athlone town council area covers part of catchment area of Clann na Gael and I think a very small part of St Bridgids

Correction, Bridgids not part of town council catchment area now that I think more about it .... a few hundred metres shy of it

ross4life

Strange game today looked like Garrycastle were going to walk it only for the Dubs to finally wake up that missed free right on HT came back to haunt. Semi final is a real tough one to call, hopefully the experience Brigid's have will be enough for another All Ireland final appearance.

The semi final should be played in today's venue.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jinxy

I'm still baffled as to how Plunketts can't seem to win that Dublin championship.
On paper they would seem to have a lot more class than Brigids.

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on December 18, 2011, 05:48:47 PM
I'm still baffled as to how Plunketts can't seem to win that Dublin championship.

Because they bottle it every year.

Brigids didnt turn up in the first half.  Can never understand these days why teams cant just win a game and celebrate on their own without players rubbing the others noses in it. Cant say I'll be hoping Garrycastle progress any further.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: INDIANA on December 18, 2011, 06:07:11 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on December 18, 2011, 05:48:47 PM

Because they bottle it every year.

Brigids didnt turn up in the first half.  Can never understand these days why teams cant just win a game and celebrate on their own without players rubbing the others noses in it. Cant say I'll be hoping Garrycastle progress any further.

I was only half watching it, was there some afters at the end?