Started by ross4life, December 16, 2011, 06:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

mayo 4.08  gmit 0.9   ten min. to go.kirby with 4.01

maigheo

leitrim 1. 06 ros 1.04   8 nim to go

Chimley

FT M 4-11 GMIT 0-11

Not sure that JH will be happy with losing the second half after wiping the floor with the students in the first but early days

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Well deserved win for leitrim ft 1-8 1-5 there goal came from a penalty
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Our 1st defeat under the new man, i suppose the writing was on the wall after last weekends draw with lowly GMIT. Our panel seems to getting smaller by the year? due to injuries,colleges commitments we could only tog out 18 players today still no excuse for the poor performance kicking something like 13 wides & never looking capable of pulling a undeserved result out of the bag.

Mayo in Ballinlough next up that should be fun  :-\
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

Galway 1-15 London 0-8 in Ballianasloe

Galway team

1. Manus Breathnach An Spideal
2. Kieran McGrath Corofin
3. Finian Hanley Salthill/Knocknacarra
4. Keith Kelly Ballinasloe
5. Damien O'Reilly Oughterard
6. Gareth Bradshaw Maigh Cuilinn
7. Gary Sice Corofin
8. Paul Conroy St. James
9. Thomas Flynn Athenry
10. Eric Monahan Caherlistrane 0-1
11. Mark Hehir Milltown
12. Michael Boyle Killererin 0-1
13. Michael Martin Milltown 1-5
14. Nicky Joyce Killererin 0-2
15. Cormac Bane Caherlistrane 0-3

16. Bernard Power Corofin
17. Sean Denvir Micheál Breathnach
18. Conor Halloran Salthill/Knocknacarra
19. Joe Joe Greaney Oughterard
20. Gary O'Donnell Tuam Stars
21. Tomás Fahy Killererin
22. Cathal Kenny Mountbellew/Moylough
23. Conor Rabbitte Kilkerrin/Clonberne
24. Shane Maughan St. Michaels

Missing a few of the scores

Cosmo Kramer

A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Chimley

And to think that Kirby is not on the DCU senior panel.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on January 15, 2012, 02:30:36 PM
f**king hell, I'm salivating at the prospect of him, O'Connor and Mort as a potential full forward line later in the year...a fair few other options too...

The four goals were inside four minutes according to Mid West - some sort of record?
nice to see Kirby doin well but its January v GMIT.A lot of changes before
we see the C/ship 15-Remember J Doc during last Spring?
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

shark

Quote from: Chimley on January 15, 2012, 09:41:47 PM
And to think that Kirby is not on the DCU senior panel.

That may change now. Especially since Michael Murphy is out of the Sigerson through injury.

westmayo

Isn't Kirby a first year, didn't think you were allowed play Sigerson in first year or was I dreaming that was a rule

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: sans pessimism on January 15, 2012, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on January 15, 2012, 02:30:36 PM
f**king hell, I'm salivating at the prospect of him, O'Connor and Mort as a potential full forward line later in the year...a fair few other options too...

The four goals were inside four minutes according to Mid West - some sort of record?
nice to see Kirby doin well but its January v GMIT.A lot of changes before
we see the C/ship 15-Remember J Doc during last Spring?

You're right of course - its all potential this time of year, but its nice to look ahead with a little optimism. I'd prefer to compare Kirby's introduction this year to Cillian O'Connor's at the same stage last year, he had a blinder in the FBD, went off the scene for a while and came back in style in the championship.

Mort I feel will probably make the team this year, he will be very hungry after his year off and will know that time is no longer on his side age wise. His ability to clock up scores consistently is difficult to ignore. Kirby mightn't even be in the 30 come championship time - or he might be in the starting 15. For what its worth I think that although Jason Doherty didn't make a mark on the championship last year, he still has a lot of potential based on what he did in last year's NFL.

Bringing through a few backs is probably more important this year though, we're still short on depth and quality - especially in the full back line. Eoghan Reilly is a player that impressed me in a few games I saw him in last year, I'd like to see him get a few league games in division one together with Lee Keegan to see if either is ready to make the step up this year.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on January 15, 2012, 04:52:27 PM
Our 1st defeat under the new man, i suppose the writing was on the wall after last weekends draw with lowly GMIT. Our panel seems to getting smaller by the year? due to injuries,colleges commitments we could only tog out 18 players today still no excuse for the poor performance kicking something like 13 wides & never looking capable of pulling a undeserved result out of the bag.

Mayo in Ballinlough next up that should be fun  :-\

The biggest thing is the age profile of the panel, we have so many young players. Brigid's being so proflic recently robs us of the best club team in the county (and indeed the  province) for much of the year too. I think we'll just have to stomach some tough results in the FBD League until the age profile of the panel inches up a few more years.

shark

Quote from: westmayo on January 15, 2012, 10:59:51 PM
Isn't Kirby a first year, didn't think you were allowed play Sigerson in first year or was I dreaming that was a rule

Pretty sure he's in 2nd yr. DCU won the all-Ireland freshers last year and think he was on it.