Connacht Football FBD league 2012

Started by ross4life, December 16, 2011, 06:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Ye should have learned from us .. twice in the last decade we hung on to managers past time in Carr and the Tanman.
No matter what the team or time of year or conditions 4 points is an awful effort.
Still who'll remember this night when the sun is shining next June or July?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on January 04, 2012, 10:06:29 PM
You not watching soccer Ross4life ? :D

What did you expect me to be in smellyhaunis on a night like this watching Sligo?

:D ba ba ba ba ba
Still better than Leeds  :-*
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Rossfan on January 04, 2012, 10:18:05 PM
Ye should have learned from us .. twice in the last decade we hung on to managers past time in Carr and the Tanman.
No matter what the team or time of year or conditions 4 points is an awful effort.
Well ive learned anyway.
Quote from: ross4life on January 04, 2012, 10:30:11 PM

What did you expect me to be in smellyhaunis on a night like this watching Sligo?

:D ba ba ba ba ba
Still better than Leeds  :-*
Its all relative, there are more lows supporting Leeds but the highs are higher when you suffer more  ;).
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Syferus

Yes, our problems were because we 'hung on' to managers. Yes. Totally.

Mano

Interesting stat Sligo have won one competitive game since the 2010 Connaught final. How is Walsh still hanging in there with a record like that.

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on January 04, 2012, 10:30:11 PM

Certainly didnt expect that. Would be very disappointed if you were paying money to support Prenty !!
Just thought you'd still have been watching the full soccer programme on SKY rather than posting on this forum.  ;D

I thought you'd be watching all the post match
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on January 04, 2012, 11:38:07 PM

Yes, our problems were because we 'hung on' to managers. Yes. Totally.

:D :D :D :D
MWWSI 2017

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on January 05, 2012, 09:14:23 AM
Interesting stat Sligo have won one competitive game since the 2010 Connaught final. How is Walsh still hanging in there with a record like that.
I agree with your sentiments (btw Sligo beat Antrim away last yr), but on that Walsh is shockingly popular in Sligo without any justification imo,(his AI medals dont matter to me and shouldnt matter to any Sligoman). His record including challenge games is worse, 1 win in 23 or something to that effect. He still thinks the same set up and approach as last yrs and the yr before is going turn things around. Fair play to him >:(.

Not sacking him thiis yr and not getting a man like canavan is a massive mistake imo.

mannix

Maybe Sligo simply does not have the talent at the moment?  4 points in any game is a very poor effort indeed, you would imagine that at least some players would want to make an impression regardless of the competition or opposition.  We can't all be Kerry or Dublin unfortunately.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: mannix on January 06, 2012, 11:41:31 PM
Maybe Sligo simply does not have the talent at the moment?  4 points in any game is a very poor effort indeed, you would imagine that at least some players would want to make an impression regardless of the competition or opposition.  We can't all be Kerry or Dublin unfortunately.
I dont think its a valid excuse mannix for the poor experimentation, poor team selections, poor training, poor preparation, poor tactics, etc... I can understand someone not familar with the talent saying that though, but its too simplistic imo, and management are making too many mistakes for me to start blaming lack of talent and the players tbh.

ross4life

Looking at the NUIG FF line (N Douglas, J Doherty, C Freeman) that could be the Mayo forward line this summer. Sligo are inconsistent they have the players & Walsh should be doing better.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Sam2011

Quote from: ross4life on January 07, 2012, 12:39:18 AM
Looking at the NUIG FF line (N Douglas, J Doherty, C Freeman) that could be the Mayo forward line this summer. Sligo are inconsistent they have the players & Walsh should be doing better.

Doubt that will be our FF line. Cillian O'Connor is a dead cert for the team and I'd imagine THEE MORT will be back where he belongs. I think Cathal Freeman is more suited to centre forward, he showed great vision in the FBD last year, I think he is the perfect replacement for Alan Dillon. We actually have a lot of forwards to choose from this year, there's a lot of young lads who have stepped up this year to the senior panel.

Sam2011

Mayo team to face Letrim:

1)David Clarke- Ballina Stephenites
2)Keith Rogers- Ballaghadrreen
3)Eoghan Reilly- Castlebar Mitchels
4)Lee Keegan- Westport
5)Peadar Gardiner- Crossmolina
6)Donal Vaughan- Ballinrobe
7)Colm Boyle- Davitts
8)Barry Moran- Castlebar Mitchels
9)Seamus O'Shea- Breaffy
10)Kevin McLoughlin- Knockmore
11)Pat Harte- Ballina Stephenites
12)Danny Kirby- Castlebar Mitchels
13)Enda Varley- Garrymore
14)Darren Coen- Hollymount/Carramore
15)Micheal Conroy- Davitts

ross4life

Peadar Gardiner has finally finished college? not many of that Mayo line up will start come championship time, Leitrim almost went scoreless v Mayo in the FBD last year.

Sam2011

Peadar finished college years ago, he just went back for a year last year with Alan Dillon!
I'm excited to see how the forwards perform. They all performed well last year either on the senior team or with their club!
Tbh I'm expecting us to rip them to sheds!