Yes
14 (31.1%)
No
21 (46.7%)
Doesn't apply to me
10 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Maguire01

So, who's paying this? And is it irresponsible of TDs to advise the general public not to pay it?

Rossfan

TDs are law makers so even if they oppose a law surely once it's passed they are obliged to not break it or resign their seat?

Or am I being totally naive? ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heffo

Quote from: Rossfan on December 15, 2011, 07:09:40 PM
TDs are law makers so even if they oppose a law surely once it's passed they are obliged to not break it or resign their seat?

Or am I being totally naive? ;D

I'll let these two lads have the floor and explain, they've far more experience in these matters

Shamrock Shore

While you may or may not agree with it the parliament of the state passed this law and therefore all householders have an obligation to pay it where it's due. I thinks it's ham fisted and scatter gun but there ya go. Of course I will pay it, as I pay PAYE, USC, PRSI, VAT, Excise duties, rates and Uncle Tom Cobbly and all.

These 11 TDs should be ran out of the Dáil pronto.

mylestheslasher

I'll pay it. However, i will do everything I can to get this ball-less cowardly government out of power and see can we get someone in there to make decisions for Ireland.

armaghniac

This shows the total and absolute hypocrisy of Sinn Féin. They are ranting that a property tax is an abomination in Donegal while their councils in Tyrone and Fermanagh are run their affairs based on a property tax. As an alleged 32county party they are a disgrace and as a political party they are a joke.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ulick

Quote from: armaghniac on December 15, 2011, 09:41:03 PM
This shows the total and absolute hypocrisy of Sinn Féin. They are ranting that a property tax is an abomination in Donegal while their councils in Tyrone and Fermanagh are run their affairs based on a property tax. As an alleged 32county party they are a disgrace and as a political party they are a joke.

Erm... But this isn't a property tax. I'll think you'll find SF are supportive of a property tax.

haze

Highly irresponsible from the td's to even suggest boycotting the charge. It is an exercise in populism.

Denn Forever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 15, 2011, 09:31:00 PM
I'll pay it. However, i will do everything I can to get this ball-less cowardly government out of power and see can we get someone in there to make decisions for Ireland.

I can't an alternative waiting in the wings though.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Ulick

Quote from: haze on December 15, 2011, 10:02:34 PM
Highly irresponsible from the td's to even suggest boycotting the charge. It is an exercise in populism.

FFS its a grossly unfair poll tax, if the southern Irish had any pride they'd resist it in the same manner as the Brits did when Thatcher tried the same stroke.

LostInSpace

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 15, 2011, 09:31:00 PM

What are you going to do?

sammymaguire

Joke  :D why don't they set up a few bucket shakers outside the churches, shops, traffic lights up and down the country too!! Dicks
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ardal

Have they taken the toll on the M50 back yet, or is it still in private hands?

That'd take in a hefty amount per year, no?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Ulick on December 15, 2011, 10:30:04 PM

FFS its a grossly unfair poll tax, if the southern Irish had any pride they'd resist it in the same manner as the Brits did when Thatcher tried the same stroke.

One in five of them want FF back in power and almost 30% of them wanted to make one of the FF national organisers our President. I wouldn't hold my breath.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Trout

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 15, 2011, 10:59:05 PM
Quote from: Ulick on December 15, 2011, 10:30:04 PM

One in five of them want FF back in power and almost 30% of them wanted to make one of the FF national organisers our President. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Not your President.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule