GAA Board Fab 50 Movies - The Countdown. - Champion Crowned!

Started by AZOffaly, December 13, 2011, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 14, 2011, 08:41:33 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on December 13, 2011, 09:01:00 PM
Surprised to see Raging Bull and Apocalyse Now down there!!

Apocalypse Now is the biggest pile of dung I have ever had to sit through.
Sit through it again & rate the acting performance of Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2011, 03:40:04 PM
Quote from: Canalman on October 05, 2011, 02:25:34 PM
Twilight on telly tonight. Worth a look? Sounds very chickflickish.

Just bought The Prophet (French Gangster film). Alphadog and The Lives of Others in a VdeP shop for E4 for the lot. Well worth checking these shops out.

Twilight is actually very good, the 2nd one was dirt but the third one was also good.

Apocalypse Now is rated 35th greatest movie of all time on IMDB with an average rating of 8.6 with some iconic screen moments of all time. Twilight which is the worst movie I have ever the misfortune to sit down and watch is rated 4.7. Needless to say I will never watch a movie Nrico2006 recommends.

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I've done a bit of research, and a few of our movies are on the box over the Christmas and New Year. I'm going back and adding the times where applicable on the ones I've done already, and I will add this to the ones from now on as well. Just in case any of ye fancy a look at some of our top 50.

Captain Obvious

Christmas is not Christmas without Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory on the box.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2011, 09:01:53 PM
I've done a bit of research, and a few of our movies are on the box over the Christmas and New Year. I'm going back and adding the times where applicable on the ones I've done already, and I will add this to the ones from now on as well. Just in case any of ye fancy a look at some of our top 50.

AZ you are wasted here. Your efforts would put the likes of the Qango free-loaders to shame.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

While The Shawshank Redemption was/is a great film after watching once or twice it sort of looses it's appeal as watching it over again.

I rate a film based on the ability to watch it over and over again and it not lose its magic. Now the thing about this poll is that everyone has different ideas as to what is best. Each to their own of course (Unless it's Event Horizon)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2011, 09:21:58 PM
While The Shawshank Redemption was/is a great film after watching once or twice it sort of looses it's appeal as watching it over again.

I rate a film based on the ability to watch it over and over again and it not lose its magic. Now the thing about this poll is that everyone has different ideas as to what is best. Each to their own of course (Unless it's Event Horizon)

The ending was too Hollywood. There was a much darker ending there........
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

I like happy endings. Enough shite in the world as it is. I agree about Shawshank though, I've cooled off on it.

5 Sams

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2011, 09:01:53 PM

Lovely hurlin AZ.
The Aristocrat Years

bennydorano

Shawshank is perfectly pitched, tragedy or going darker doesn't automatically make something better or more worthy.

Puckoon

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2011, 09:49:13 PM
I like happy endings. Enough shite in the world as it is. I agree about Shawshank though, I've cooled off on it.

Because maybe you've watched it so many times... because it is a very very good movie...?

Shawshank Redemption didn't become a bad movie - it's just one of those great movies you end up becoming so familiar with. It's just not as re-watchable as some of the other greats.

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on December 14, 2011, 09:53:46 PM
Shawshank is perfectly pitched, tragedy or going darker doesn't automatically make something better or more worthy.

It is a great movie but like many great movies it could have taken a twist.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Puckoon on December 14, 2011, 09:54:33 PM

Because maybe you've watched it so many times... because it is a very very good movie...?

Shawshank Redemption didn't become a bad movie - it's just one of those great movies you end up becoming so familiar with. It's just not as re-watchable as some of the other greats.

And for me it has to have that ability to re-watch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on December 14, 2011, 09:54:33 PM

Over-rated in my opinion. I think the schmaltzy Hollywood ending left viewers with an impression that it actually was a better film that it really is. Same for that dirt The Green Mile. Maybe youse are just big girls blouses.

nrico2006

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 14, 2011, 08:38:20 PM

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2011, 03:40:04 PM
Quote from: Canalman on October 05, 2011, 02:25:34 PM
Twilight on telly tonight. Worth a look? Sounds very chickflickish.

Just bought The Prophet (French Gangster film). Alphadog and The Lives of Others in a VdeP shop for E4 for the lot. Well worth checking these shops out.

Twilight is actually very good, the 2nd one was dirt but the third one was also good.

Apocalypse Now is rated 35th greatest movie of all time on IMDB with an average rating of 8.6 with some iconic screen moments of all time. Twilight which is the worst movie I have ever the misfortune to sit down and watch is rated 4.7. Needless to say I will never watch a movie Nrico2006 recommends.

And Toy Story 3 is ranked in the top 5 of the same list of which you seem to place great value.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'