What gig have you been to recently...

Started by fearglasmor, December 12, 2011, 09:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearglasmor

Went to Declan O'Rourke in Sligo saturday night. Great entertainer. Been to see him 4/5 time now in small venues in Carrick, Sligo, Mohill. Usually acoustic but this time he had a drummer and baseplayer along with his usual celloist. Even took out a shiny new electric guitar for a few songs. And doesnt take himself too seriously which makes for good entertainment.

Billys Boots

Went to Squeeze recently - great stuff.  Difford and Tilbrook are geniuses, and serious musicians. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Saw Benjamin Francis Leftwich there a few weeks ago and he was excellent although pretty limited as he doesn't have that many songs yet.

Really looking forward to seeing Lisa Hannigan tomorrow night. Best voice around and I love how laid back and quirky her songs are compared to the intensity she would have had with Rice. She seems to be enjoying it a lot more now and I'm hoping it makes for a good gig.

Love this video . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m0Vq9pPblE

bennydorano

Saw 'Air' twice last year.  Also saw a guy called Hat Fitz & Cara Robinson (an Aussie) in a local bar who is worthy of a lot more and I wouldn't be suprised if he makes it big - well as big as any hardcore bluesmen get.

downredblack

Next one I'm looking forward to is The Specials below in the big tent in Cork in June .

charlieTully

primal scream at belsonic, class nights craic.

have tickets for alabama3 in mandela hall in feb, the chillis at croke park, and the roses in manchester, roll on 2012.

muppet

Quote from: downredblack on December 12, 2011, 06:52:42 PM
Next one I'm looking forward to is The Specials below in the big tent in Cork in June .

Your most recent Gig is next June?

I might have a job for you.

Can you look back to next June and tell me who holds the ELP and Heineken Cup titles? Also be telling me which countries are in the Eurozone? And can you copy and paste any recent speeches by An Taoiseach Goldman S. Achs? Finally can you remember all the winners at Cheltenham 2012?
MWWSI 2017

5 Sams

The Coronas last night in the Olympia....brilliant night..thon Danny lad has some voice...then agian he didnt lick it of the road.. :)
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 12, 2011, 09:34:03 PM
The Coronas last night in the Olympia....brilliant night..thon Danny lad has some voice...then agian he didnt lick it of the road.. :)
I'd say you wouldn't pass up licking it off Mary either  ;)

ziggysego

Been a year since I was at a concert, but going to see Pat McManus in a couple of weeks time.
Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 12, 2011, 09:38:45 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on December 12, 2011, 09:34:03 PM
I'd say you wouldn't pass up licking it off Mary either  ;)

She was there alright Tony...lookin fine
The Aristocrat Years

ziggy90

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 12, 2011, 09:52:34 AM
Went to Squeeze recently - great stuff.  Difford and Tilbrook are geniuses, and serious musicians.
Where did you see them BB? I've tried their website but I couldn't find any info on touring dates or venues. They're one of the very few bands I would bother to go see in concert.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

They played in Vicar St. the night of the AI football final - it was a rescheduled gig after they'd cancelled in March.  I understand it was the last gig they'd played in their tour.  Difford and Tilbrook gig very regularly in the UK, together and separately.  Check out www.squeezeofficial.com for news/updates.  I know they have played McGrory's, Culdaff in the past (it would be some gig to see in that great venue). 

ziggy90

Thanks for that Billy, it probably would be in the UK that I would see them.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

Quote from: ziggy90 on December 13, 2011, 12:23:51 PM
Thanks for that Billy, it probably would be in the UK that I would see them.

Glenn's playing in Colchester tonight - if you're not busy.  ;D